PEBAheads Episode 7

Sean, Jay, and Michael discuss PEBA with special guests

Moderators: Sandgnats, JayA, Hitmen, Claymores

Claymores
Single-A
Single-A

PEBAheads Episode 7

#1 Post by Claymores »

Sean and Michael discuss the new league poll on Qualifying Offers and compensation, Burrough Watch, recent blockbuster trades, and briefly pre ASG.

https://youtu.be/XkHG08XfxdA?si=VuTU-Hd6W4xEplxe
Sean Bain
GM Scottish Claymores
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBAheads Episode 7

#2 Post by Lions »

Nelson's HR splurge this year isn't explained by this, but I do find this notable.

Nelson's BABIP:
2037: .307
2038: .296
2039: .362

Woodard's BABIP:
2037: .323
2038: .324
2039: .263

Both guys are about .060 different from their last two seasons. We usually only look at BABIP for pitchers because of the notion that pitchers have no control over it and therefore it can show how lucky or unlucky they are. Batters, I believe, do have an amount of control over BABIP and their speed should also impact it a bit. I do think there's a decent amount of luck in it, too. You see odd fluctuations in it. The question is whether or not the change in numbers indicate a change in ability, a change in the competition they're facing, a bit of luck, or what. My feeling is that it does tend to explain some of these outlier seasons.

There's ISO that's trending in the same directions as the BABIP that I don't really have an explanation for. Nelson moved from PS to SCO which is a good move as far as home runs go, but he's hit much better on the road.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBAheads”