Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2039, Season 33

Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2039, Season 33

#31 Post by Shisa »

Congrats are in order to 26yo CF Pedro Diaz, who was called up due to injury and collected his first career PEBA hit.

Diaz is now 1 for 1 in his career, holds a 1.000 avg, 1.000 OBP 1.000 SLG, 2.000 OPS, 455 OPS+ and 0.1 WAR.

No word on if Diaz is considering retirement to keep this clean sheet in tact.
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#32 Post by Trendsetters »

:lol:
Chuck Valenches
GM New Orleans Trendsetters
JayA
Single-A
Single-A

#33 Post by JayA »

After being shopped around on the trade market at WM, not receiving arbitration after no offers came in for trades, being ignored all offseason by all 32 teams because of his contract demands, and eventually agreeing to a one year deal to come back to Florida, SS Jose Perez now finds himself in the starting lineup at the All-Star Game. Gotta love it!
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Codgers
Single-A
Single-A

#34 Post by Codgers »

Palm Springs has gone 16-9 in June, 9-4 in the month of July after a disastrous May where the team went 9-20.

Young prospects are being given opportunities to secure a lineup spot if they can hit with INF Javier Cervantes and DH Egardo Longoria the latest call ups.

The quest for a winning record could be in reach
Bob Sullivan
GM Palm Springs Codgers
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#35 Post by Trendsetters »

The NEAT: Did sign my top IFA target 1B Keiji Shiroi, spending 21 million so I could put him the IC. My minor league system has gone from 24th to 16th and every level except AA and AAA have legit prospects. To be honest my AAA and MLB team are pretty interchangeable. Also signed my new 1B Manuel Munoz to a one year extension. Finally my Rookie and SSA teams are in first place.

The NOT SO NEAT: Trendsetters go 0-3 in the sim with all losses coming by one run including two in the last inning. My single A team in Ensenada is 43-40, but already 27 games out as the FL Single A team, the Mexicali Schmoes are 70-13. I have to seriously look at a name change as "Cinderella of the Pacific" does not exactly strike fear in the heart of opposing teams.
Chuck Valenches
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#36 Post by Shisa »

Okinawa called up PEBA's #7 overall ranked prospect SP Yoritomo Hayakawa who then made his PEBA debut last game against the Dinos.

Some early jitters saw Hayakawa give up a pair of HRs which put the Shisa down by 3, however showed off his control in walking 1 batter vs 11 strikeouts in his debut. Hayakawa left to a no decision in a game the Shisa ultimately tied in the 8th only to end up on the losing side 3-4 and snapping a 6 game win streak. A promising debut to build upon moving forward.
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#37 Post by Shisa »

Not so neat.. Pablo Ortiz grew facial hair this sim and turned into a neckbeard.

I miss the clean cut Ortiz pictured here. Image.
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#38 Post by Trendsetters »

The NEAT: Joe Arnold continues to pitch well though he did get lit up his last start. My Rookie league and SS-A Teams lead their divisions with prospects all playing well. Samurakami, my 2nd round pick has already clubbed `18HR in just over 150 AB. My number one pick, Marcos Jimewnez is hitting .353 with 11 HR. Very pleased with my low minors.

The NOT SO NEAT.: Another one win sim has dropped New Orleans to the third worst record in the league. My number one starter, Nathan Gallard will be out another 2-3 weeks after a setback from his injury. Also, after spending a bit of money in the Intl. FA market I am now projected to be underwater by $18 million. My payroll does go down next year so hopefully I can absorb it. Bob Dodson power numbers have fallen off. On June 17th he had 13 HR on the year. Which put him on pace for 28+ homers. He has hit just one homer since that time.
Chuck Valenches
Thoroughbreds
Double-A
Double-A

#39 Post by Thoroughbreds »

NEAT: Bermudez, Ferguson and Gore hit back, to back, to back homers in the first inning of an 8-4 win against Charleston.
Ferguson, who is in his first full year in the PEBA would hit his 20th homer of the season the next game vs Charleston
Dan Gore hit .417 with 2 homers and 8 RBI this week

Not so Neat: Despite going 5-1, we didn't gain any ground on the final 2 wild card spots.
New Catcher Takahashi continues to struggle this year - since the trade he is hitting .182 - which is not much worse than before
Sean Torgerson
GM Kentucky Thoroughbreds
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

Not Neat is the July Slide that has seen Aurora go from 4.5 out of the division to 11 out - and it's July, so only 25-games thanks to the ASG. It's hard to imagine gaining that ground - much less the only 2.5 we are back in the wild card... and with Yuma, Bakersfield and Palm Springs all playing well, it's hard to believe the once favorable August schedule won't have us closer to last than first...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#41 Post by Trendsetters »

The NOT SO NEAT continues. The Trendsetters had a 7-19 month, their worst month of the year and currently have the 3rd worst record in the league. Traded away one of my relievers as they never inherit any runs anyways. We'll bring up David Saenz and see if his stint in AAA did him any good.

The NEAT: Rookie ball teams and SSA teams continue to lead their divisions. Michel Bastide is off the IL and Nathan Gallard should come back after the next sim. Will likely go on a rehab assignment for a week or so.

Most definitely next year I have to focus on infield range and EYE scores. Being near the bottom in the league in walks and strikeouts is killing my team. Pitching wise I just need some talent. Its all at Single A or below.
Chuck Valenches
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#42 Post by Shisa »

Shisa wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:41 pm Not so neat.. Pablo Ortiz grew facial hair this sim and turned into a neckbeard.

I miss the clean cut Ortiz pictured here. Image.
Oh no! The picture on the site updated too!
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Codgers
Single-A
Single-A

#43 Post by Codgers »

Neat:
5-1 this SIM with 5 wins against Tempe who is ahead of the Codgers in the division. We are now 3 games shy of .500

SP Shigochiyo Yamaguchi threw 7 innings of 1 hit, 8 strikeout baseball for the 3-0 win. Pineda with the hold, O-Slattery with the save

O'Slattery picks up a blown save and a win after recent addition OF Antonio Canseco hits a walk off homerun to win it in the bottom of the 9th. O'Slattery gave up a solo shot in the top of the 9th to blow the save

The forgotten man in a rotation of young studs, SP Brendon Cardenas, threw a 8.1 inning, 1 hit, 3 strikeout shutout, Baverstock with the save

43 year old DH Stephen Hooper, a free agent signee a week prior, hit his 1st homerun in a Codgers uniform. A solo shot that proved to be the game winner.

The Codgers pitching staff gave up 7 runs during their 5 game winning streak, 3 of which were from the bullpen.

Not so neat:
Rookie pitcher Sergio Melendres PEBA debut saw him throw 44 pitchers in 2.1 innings surrendering 2 runs and the lead in an eventual 7-2 loss to Tempe preventing the 6 game sweep

The Codgers offense still ranks 26th in runs score and batting average, 29th in homeruns. In other words, we cant hit out way out of a wet paper bag.
Bob Sullivan
GM Palm Springs Codgers
Codgers
Single-A
Single-A

#44 Post by Codgers »

3-3 this SIM with our winning streak ending at 7 games.

The Neat:
Another gem from Yamaguchi for his 9th win of the season. 7IP, 5H, 2R and 5Ks. O'Slattery with his 20th save

McCoy continues to impress and is now 3-1 in a Codgers uniform. 7IP, 3H, 0R, 5Ks in a 5-0 win over Kalamazoo

Yamamoto earned his 11th win going 6IP, 0R vs Aurora

Recent call up Hyun-Seung Kim earned his first career save with 3 innings of shutout baseball in the win vs Aurora.

Antonio Canseco with his 7th HR in a Codgers uniform driving in 4 runs vs Aurora. Canesco is now hitting .294 since the trade

Not So Neat:
Brendan Cardenas continues his jekyll and hyde approach to the season following up his 8 inning gem last week by getting smacked for 5 runs in 4.2 innings in a 7-0 loss to Kalamazoo

Sergio Melendres earned a demotion after another bad outing. 1.2IP giving up 3 runs in the loss to Aurora. He may be back up in September

Haines, Pineda both with blown saves in the series finale vs Aurora in a game the Codgers led until their handy work in the 7th, allowing 6 runs. Haines injured his back in the game but fortunately it looks to be a short term injury
Bob Sullivan
GM Palm Springs Codgers
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by Lions »

Forrest Aldridge hit for the cycle in our 16-7 victory over Gloucester. Neither pitching coach was happy after the game.

Cycles aren't that uncommon in PEBA, certainly not of late. There were 9 in 2036, 6 in 2038, and already 2 this year.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”