Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2038, Season 32

Codgers
Single-A
Single-A

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2038, Season 32

#46 Post by Codgers »

Neat:
Arroyos wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:43 am Yuma finished another dismal season with 3 straight one-run wins, two of them in extra innings! I don't know if that's good news or bad, but for Yuman Beings it was a surprise.
Palm Springs finished another dismal season with 3 straight one-run losses, two of them in extra innings! - it was the second consecutive month in which the Codgers played extra innings to start the month having played three back to back to back 10 inning games in September.

Not so Neat:
Palm Springs finished with 49 wins on the season securing the second worst record in the league.
Bob Sullivan
GM Palm Springs Codgers
JayA
Single-A
Single-A

#47 Post by JayA »

Ken Marshall comes one hit away from a perfect game in the A playoffs for the Ewa Beach Imperials.
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#48 Post by Lions »

Forrest Aldridge was unwanted. Or maybe quite wanted? He started the calendar year with the Ghosts after signing a 1 year extension with them last fall. They then traded him to Arlington in February. He played ok, a 91 OPS+ through 43 games before getting waived and picked up by West Virginia in June. That was kind of fun, as he came up with them 5 years ago. But he lasted just 12 games before getting waived again and getting picked up by us. WV just didn't have a slot for him, and he went on to his 4th franchise of the year.

We gave him regular playing time and he had the best stretch of his career, hitting .340 and a 139 OPS+ over 45 games.

He seemed like a solid pickup who, despite our team struggling in the final two months, was part of keeping us afloat.

Now in the postseason, he's continued to play well. He's played in three of our four games and gotten a hit in each. But the real reason is that he's now an Amsterdam folk hero for his game winning home run in Game 4. With the team up 3-0 heading into the 9th inning, a game 4 win seemed like a solid bet, but London jumped all over Ramón Martínez, scoring 5 runs to leave the stadium stunned.

However, the day wasn't over. Tomomi Harada, who's been trying to win the series all by himself, led off the bottom of the 9th with a double. Harada is 8 for 15 with 4 doubles and 4 home runs in the series. Freddy Ortiz followed with a double of his own, putting himself in scoring position as the tying run. Stan Joyce, then tried to bunt him over to 3rd, but failed miserably as he popped out on his attempt. Up comes Aldridge, who then takes the first pitch he sees 414 feet out and wins the game. After nearly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Aldridge rescued us and sent us on to Game 5.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#49 Post by Zephyrs »

My minor league manager situation is far from ideal but I was pretty happy to land former player David 'Cheese' Chesney. What I lack in stellar coaching experience I make up for in name recognition. We now have the following coaches in our system:

David 'Cheese' Chesney
Frank Murphy
Michael 'Mustache' Johnson
Jhong-shun 'Earthquake' Kong
Lorenzo 'Big Cheese' Amador
Fred Benjamin
Ramón Leach
António 'Trashmaster' Morales
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#50 Post by Trendsetters »

Always frustrating when you meet a players demands or go even above what they were asking and somebody offers $40,000 more and they jump on it. Happened too me twice this sim.

I am starting to sign better minor leaguers though and trying to build winners at EVERY level, so we will see how that works out. Plus my new manager, former player Dave Nash is already a rock star!
Chuck Valenches
GM New Orleans Trendsetters
Trendsetters
Single-A
Single-A

#51 Post by Trendsetters »

Very happy with my Winter Ball decisions. David Sanz added a curveball and my best pitching prospect added a sinker. Both had their potential ratings go up.

Other than that I continue to acquire players that will make New Orleans the most average team in the league. A lot of guys on minor league contracts with bionuses and more than a few players with June 1st opt outs. Hell I may have to restock my AAA team on June 1st.
Chuck Valenches
GM New Orleans Trendsetters
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#52 Post by Underground »

Neat: Felix Reyes, who is currently 5th all time in wins in franchise history, has returned to the organization on a minor league contract. At 36 his PEBA days are most likely behind him, but we are excited to have him back in the organization to help mentor the kids

Neat: No significant injuries after 1 sim!
Evan Seary
London Underground

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”