Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2036, Season 30

Thoroughbreds
Double-A
Double-A

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2036, Season 30

#31 Post by Thoroughbreds »

4 game sweep of W.V. - I wonder when it was the last time that happened.

I haven't voted for A.S yet, I usually wait until a little closer to the game.
Sean Torgerson
GM Kentucky Thoroughbreds
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#32 Post by Fishermen »

I wouldn't worry about your current All-Star snub either. I usually only vote when it's closing time. I wish there's a better voting system that can simulate all-star voting. Like maybe voting once a week and accumulate the points or something like that(to simulate fans voting). Cuz there's a likelyhood that the player might perform like a god for now and then drop (or someone else plays even better) when it's near All-Star closing time. So I always vote by then for the most accurate list. However, this one vote system doesn't really simulate the "vote counts everyday throughout the voting period" part of the deal. If I can vote multiple times, I would be voting for your 1B now and if he stays hot, I will keep voting for him. But with the current system, I will stick to voting once it's near closing time. He will be voted if he's still that darn good by then.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Borealis »

Here's hoping that June presents a different team, for after a 15-6 April, May was a hideous 10-18 - a Not Neat At All that includes a 3-10 stretch over the last two sims with Bakersfield, Reno and Kzoo (1-8 in total).

Despite, you'll note, leading the SL in hits and average - and not striking out. I guess last in walks and homers really makes a difference... Well, that and a pitching staff that is suddenly giving up hits seemingly every time it's hit - at a .303 BABIP, I guess balls are just finding holes - or are they just being pounded? IDK - this team seems to have found a black hole...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Thoroughbreds
Double-A
Double-A

#34 Post by Thoroughbreds »

We are 39-9 over our last 48 games. During this stretch we have gained exactly 0.5 games on Florida. :geek:

3b Cruz had a 5-5 game with 3 xtra base hits against Amsterdam this sim. HIs average is now .313, much improved on his .224 from last season.

Cruz was the first guy I traded for when I joined (From Diluth)
Sean Torgerson
Claymores
Single-A
Single-A

#35 Post by Claymores »

The Claymores were able to sign all but one draft pick from the 2036 PEBA draft. Rather than focus on all the others that did sign, let's look at the one that got away.

Enter SP Walt "Bye Bye" Acosta, a high school pitcher from Chandler, AZ and committed to play baseball at Rice. Acosta currently is injured with a torn labrum in his shoulder, and is demanding well over $3,200,000.00 to consider playing professional baseball.

Acosta was drafted to be an innings eater at the end of the draft, but the Claymores believe there are better ways to spend $3,200,000.00+. Bye, Bye Walt! Hope you enjoy your time at Rice.
Sean Bain
GM Scottish Claymores
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Borealis »

While the ML club saved some face with a 4-2 week that somehow has them just a game out of the playoff hunt - division crown and WC, there's grumbling out of The Front Range that manager Ryuichi Suzuki is on the hot seat for the poor effort (by Aurora high standards) thus far - and wild speculation who might replace him, despite three straight divisional crowns.

Meanwhile, Angel Silva (.342) and Jose Aleman (.328) continue to shine amongst the top hitters in the SL.

Down on the Farm, Montserrat has begun the season blazing with a 6-1 record - and sadly the only time the club has ever sat in first place. Only Cairo, at 7-0, has a better mark in the IBC. Amongst the draftee news:

- top pick Leo Gerber, is getting his first chance to start after four years of relieving in HS, and after two starts has the Mystiques lone loss, but a 2.53 ERA ad in 10.2 IP, he has 11 k and 3 BB.

- Aurora's third pick, C Karsten Koertig, is a bit slow out the gate, hitting .238 - but of his 5 H, 2 are doubles and two are homers. He's also thrown out 2 of 3 prospective base stealers.

- 6th round pick CF Joel Grummitt is off to a quick start, 9-22, with 5 RBI and 8 R.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#37 Post by Nigel »

Finally a neat thing, San Antonio get their first winning sim as June draws to a close. Thanks to Arlington & Charleston for making it possible ;-D
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Thoroughbreds
Double-A
Double-A

#38 Post by Thoroughbreds »

We actually win a series against Florida but have a losing record on the sim. Scottish took 3 out of 4 from us. (And win our 7 game set 4-3)

- Davis is 16 hits away from the PEBA record

- Mesegue is on fire - he had 5 straight multi hit games (4,2,2,2,3) before only going 1 for 4 last game against Florida.
- Mesegue hit .392 in May, .367 in April and .447 so far this month - if it wasn't for Knopp he would be in the Royal Raker discussion.

Does OOTP take into account players in the FA year??? lol

Mesegue and Mu both all-stars having career years -- that is going to cost me a lot of money! not to mention Davis and his .412 OBP in his walk year.
Sean Torgerson
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#39 Post by Shisa »

Okinawa sets the tone for the Kalamazo series early in the bottom of the 1st with Pablos in crime, Ortiz and Garza going back to back jacks off Kal starter John Ross, followed up by another set of back to back jacks later in the inning again off Ross by Nagata and Rodriguez.
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Borealis »

I'm going straight to the NOT Neat At All - for the first time in history - at least since 2011, the Borealis are 3 games under .500...

Did someone whisper Fire Sale into The Boy Wonder GM's ear... The owner is fiddling with her Health homework...
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Arroyos »

Yuma was delighted that young 3B Sano (Kivilina) was named MVP for the Prospects Game after going 3 for 4 with a double and triple.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
JayA
Single-A
Single-A

#42 Post by JayA »

Not-so-neat in the Malts farm system: despite being one of the IBC's league leaders with a 1.75 ERA, posting a 1.1 WHIP, and putting together a 0.8 WAR in just 7 games, Melbourne Bitters starting pitcher Robinson Fernandez has an 0-3 record. Jacob deGrom would be proud...
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Ghosts »

Neat: A sweep of Aurora brings Niihama within a half game of Shin Seiki and a full 5 games up on the next wild card competitor.

Also neat: Sophomore slugger Pedro Hernandez hit 6 HRs this week. He now has 20 HRs (out of 26 hits) in just 92 ABs. He's not quite 19 yet, and I refuse to promote him until I'm forced or he finally learns some semblance of contact skills from our hitting coaches.

Not neat: Top draftee P Jorge Gallegos got tagged for 6 ER in one appearance by giving up 2 HRs, 1 BB, and 3 other hits. ;-D :puke-front:
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#44 Post by Borealis »

Well Neat is Rudy Howard getting his first turn in Aurora Blue and earning a 4-out save - with all four outs being by way of the K! Brought in from Palm Springs for a wad of cash, the hope is Rudy will bring a little stability to a bullpen that has been shaky of late.

Looking forward to trade deadline acquisition Ruben Ortega coming on board. 2B has been a trouble spot for some time now. He has a little pop, walks more than strikeouts - so that's a plus for a team starving for a walk, and though his defensive ratings aren't the best, he hasn't hurt his team much, and Aurora has defensive replacements for late innings if needed.

Both Howard and Ortega are Arby eligible players, so they at least will be sticking around for a while.

Not So Neat? 50-52, the worst record Aurora has ever had at this point of the season. Why is Aurora making trades if they have no post-season chance? Our playoffs is finishing over .500 at this point. But.. you never know - a sudden stark turn in fortune for the Zephyrs and... Aurora did make it to the 2030 PEC as the second wild card after their epic collapse lost the division...
Shisa
Single-A
Single-A

#45 Post by Shisa »

Okinawa have brought in 153.5M in revenue so far this season which is the highest for the club since 2030. If we can pull in an additional 7 million before season's end, this will be our highest revenue year in a decade.
Matthew Reid
GM Okinawa Shisa

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”