OOTP 23 Migration & More

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

OOTP 23 Migration & More

#1 Post by Wind Dancers »

Hey guys, I thought I’d put together a little preview post for the upcoming migration to OOTP and some of the changes to expect with the version switch AND our modifiers changes.

Migration instructions:
Open OOTP 23
Import from OOTP 22
Select world.dat in PEBA folder in OOTP 22
Wait for it to finish

You can do this import process whenever you want before the official migration date. But if you do, DO NOT download the latest file in OOTP23. Once Mike has fully updated a new file in 23, then you can Download Latest File as you would after a normal sim. I recommend importing to OOTP 23 early, saving, and leaving it alone until migration time.

OOTP 23 Changes Relevant to us:

More Team Strategies
There are a bunch of new team strategies you can use for those of you who like to tweak your playstyle.
Team vs Team can now be found on the Standings screen
Lineups now have an overview screen where you can see both lineups (R/L) at the same time
Player development report screen is a lot easier to track
Scouting weights are a bit different.
This isn’t new for most of you, but when you migrate players WILL look different to your scout. This is a bit heavier than usual as OOTP 23 has changed up its scouting weights a bit.

Upcoming changes to modifiers and a slight feeder league change:

After rigorous testing, I think I’ve come up with a more balanced set of modifiers for PEBA that will reward pitching AND hitting without on or the other being too strong. Here’s what to expect:

Hitting
Expect more runs, hits, doubles, triples, HR’s, walks and Strikeouts. Obviously, that’s a lot more offense, so I bumped up K’s a bit to reward good pitching against these better bats. Here are some projections, these aren’t exact numbers just what you can generally expect.

2034 PEBA vs PEBA after changes

BA: .230 > .253
ERA: 3.21 > 4.11
Per team average
Runs: 574 > 710
Hits: 1,245 > 1,398
Doubles: 225 > 283
Triples: 33 > 40
HR’s: 142 > 170
Walks: 380 > 530
K’s: 1,055 > 1,410

Running
This gets a section of its own. Stolen bases are getting the nerf bat to a more realistic level. Multiple players getting 80, 90, 100+ SB’s in a season was getting way out of hand. So expect LESS SB’s attempts and more modern Caught Stealing percentage (20-35%ish). In the final season of my test, the league leader had 70 SB’s, 2nd had 66, then the rest were below 50. So good SB guys will still be valued, but now Catcher Arm also has value.

Pitching
With the bump in hitting pitching will obviously get harder. Remember, the quality of the pitchers remains the same, the numbers will just be higher. K’s obviously got a buff, but the increase in hitting means GB/FB guys are valuable as well as the defense behind them.

Minor Leagues
Minor leagues are continuing to be adjusted. The terrible leagues like Single-A are getting more attention to hitting but everything will be getting refreshed to appropriate numbers. R-league is a wildcard, I’ll have to play out those changes by year because of how volatile it can change.

Feeder Leagues:
No more 16 yo draft players. I’ll be updating the minimum age for HS ball to 15 (from 14) so players properly age come draft time because the game doesn’t understand graduating classes for shit.

If you have any questions about ANYTHINg, feel free to ping me on Slack. As usual, things that need to be adjusted will be adjusted so bear with us as we sort out how to make this game as fun and balanced as possible.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: OOTP 23 Migration & More

#2 Post by Evas »

Sounds fantastic.

Exciting stuff!

Thanks for working all of this out, Dylan!
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Arroyos »

As always, there are problems. Dylan, please help.

Your instructions say to open the "world_data" file in OOTP 22, but all I see is a "world_templates" file. I'm sure I'm missing something, but can you help me find it?

Thanks,Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Dinosaurs »

Thank you Dylan is is excellent (and good news about the run environment changes!)
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
JayA
Single-A
Single-A

#5 Post by JayA »

Just migrated over. Thanks for this, Dylan!
Jay Amado
GM Florida Farstriders
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Arroyos »

Dylan, I still can't get past this step in loading OOTP23. Can you help?

Bob
Arroyos wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:53 pm As always, there are problems. Dylan, please help.

Your instructions say to open the "world_data" file in OOTP 22, but all I see is a "world_templates" file. I'm sure I'm missing something, but can you help me find it?

Thanks,Bob
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Borealis »

Hey Bob! I'll try to connect with you via Slack - as typical - their import feature is bad, and the file hierarchy has changed - yet again...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Once again, OOTP makes it impossible to have an easy migration process for Mac users. In short, I find the easiest way is to move the v22 PEBA.lg folder into the v23 Saved Games folder (I suggest renaming it 'PEBA22" so there's no confusion) - this makes it easy to find when the pop-up menu appears when you select the Import option from the start-up screen. Once you select the 'world.dat' file and the import process completes, just move the PEBA.lg folder back to it's v22 location and remove the '22' (if you had amended the title as recommended). I do suggest quitting OOTP 22 first, so there is no side effects of moving the files around.

The real trick is finding the v22 and v23 OOTP data file locations. To help out, I've listed the file hierarchy below - you'll note they differ significantly. I recommend opening two finder windows so that you can leave them both open simultaneously - making the moving of the PEBA.lg folder easier.

v22 location:
/Users/”USER”/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 22/saved_games/

v23 location:
/Users//”USER”//Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.ootp23macqlm/Data/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 23/saved_games

"USER" being whatever your user name may be - for instance, mine is 'michael'.

If you have any problems, please hit me up on Slack.
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”