The Scotsman: Stability leads to success

Claymores
Single-A
Single-A

The Scotsman: Stability leads to success

#1 Post by Claymores »

The Scotsman is a Scottish newspaper that has been around since 1817. Moving forward, it will be the official newspaper coverage of the Scottish Claymores.

Stability leads to success

Stability leads to success. Simple concept right? So simple but not achieved easily, and clearly something the Scottish Claymores franchise has not achieved in some time. Enter new GM Sean Bain. We were able to sit down with Bain after a few weeks of being on the job, and discussed his vision for the franchise.

No day is an off day, and from Day 1 Bain has been working.

"I really wanted to address some of the most glaring issues, and that started on day 1. Our minor leagues were filled with players that were blocking other prospects and quite simply had peaked. Many had reached their ceilings as professionals and simply needed to move on from being professional players. We're appreciative of their time in the organization and hope that they can be productive men in their communities. Some might even go onto become coaches, scouts, etc. in the PEBA."

Development of players, and the men leading them was a major reason Bain was hired to lead the Claymores.

"These are young men, many coming right out of high school. They have potential on the field, and we needed coaches that could get the best out of them on it. Many of our teams didn't even have minor league coaches, which was eye opening, but an opportunity to really mold this organization into the way I believe can turn this organization into a championship club."

The future isn't that far way, and that aspect helped draw Bain to the opportunity to put his take on the organization. He believes there are pieces in place that can become the foundation of a playoff contending club.

"This team isn't that far off from competing for a division title. That's our goal, win the division. If that happens, it's the playoffs, it's an opportunity to show what we're made of and ultimately where we stack up in the PEBA. We just need a ticket to the dance, and then the real fun starts. We'll be dancing soon, and I can't wait to remind the Scottish people how much fun playoff baseball is again. We've got young pitching pieces that can make any game winnable, we just need to build the offense to give some run support. The focus on here has been way too much on defense, without realizing players can be good defenders and competent hitters too. That's a change that I've addressed in a few ways over the past few weeks, but will be addressed further through acquisitions outside of the organization."

Claymores fans should know this isn't just another job for their new GM, this is personal.

"My family heritage runs deep into the Scottish highlands. It's something that I'm proud of and I don't take my responsibilities lightly. Scots are a proud people that often have been overlooked. We aren't going to be overlooked in the PEBA for much longer."
Sean Bain
GM Scottish Claymores
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: The Scotsman: Stability leads to success

#2 Post by Lions »

Glad you're here, Sean, and feeling connected to the Scottish. I'd imagine that the house cleaning will start to pay dividends relatively quickly.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Borealis »

Great Start Sean!!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Apollos »

Excited to see what you do with the boys from Edinburgh, Sean. Keep it up ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights

Return to “Scottish Claymores”