3D Ballpark Replays

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

3D Ballpark Replays

#1 Post by Borealis »

So it's a slow Saturday...

One of the things that I find annoying is the default ballpark that comes up when watching 3D replays. I don't know how many of you may watch those replays, but I have been a stickler for watching them sim in and sim out - it's really the best way to get a feel for how your club and players are really doing. Way back when, when OOTP replays were a thing, all you had was a static picture and glorified textual results, and Once Upon a Time, PEBA teams - whose parks were based on an original ballpark, had a picture of that park for the replays. I always enjoyed seeing the old-time fields that some clubs used - The Codgers were at Ebbetts and the Knights at the Polo Grounds, while many used current fields - Aurora is at PacBell/SBC/AT&T/Oracle, Florida is at Wrigley, etc. Some teams probably still see their replays in the proper park - particularly those that are current stadiums. Because I'm particular, those in the SL may likely see a correct park if the park was part of the OOTP download. True Confessions time: I don't watch IL replays... O:-)

I've spent this afternoon going through each team and making sure that their ballpark image matches the historic version - verified by pulling out a really old laptop that was running v11 - that's PEBA 2013 for those who care. For instance, Gloucester's was Candlestick Park. Below is a list of each club and what their ballpark has historically been (and in my mind, still is). There are a few folks who are active on the OOTP forums who have created a ton of parks - current and historical, that are available for use - Sorry Greg, no Watt Powell to be seen, and I have downloaded and added them to the League file and I am making them available to you. Load them into the 'OOTP22>ballparks>models' location and after Monday's sim you should see the older parks - like San Antonio playing at Shribe. Those of you on Steam, check with Dan, who is running an experiment over location of these files.

Now, if you do this and hate the look, remove the files and you will revert to the default.

There are a few troublesome clubs - like the former-LRS teams, whose original parks were...?? A Japanese field with the background photoshopped to look like Japan? IDK - maybe one of our longstanding LRS GMs - Kevin? - recall what they were. For now I have chosen one of the asian parks that came with the game - I think they are Korean parks, but at least they are visually different. Charleston had a completely custom picture, so I'm clueless there. NT and NJ both had the ballpark formerly known as Enron as their parks. Barring enlightenment, Havana, San Juan and the Scottish are 'in the dark' and if they want to chose something not in the list below - be it a current or historical park, they can message me with ideas and I'll see what I can do. I'm hopeful more info will come to light on the LRS parks.

Aurora: AT&T Park
Bakersfield: Seals Stadium
Palm Springs: Ebbets Field
Reno: Old Cominsky
Yuma: RFK
Tempe: Polo Grounds

Crystal Lake: New Cominsky
Fargo: Safeco
Duluth: Old Tiger
Madison (Canton): Jacobs Field
Kalamazoo: Camden Yards

Shin Seiki: Custom
Toyama: Custom
Okinawa: Custom
Neo-Tokyo: Enron
Niihama-shi: Custom

Havana: Custom
London: Old Yankee
Scottish: Custom
San Juan: Custom
Amsterdam: Petco
Gloucester: Candlestick

Florida: Wrigley
New Orleans: PNC
San Antonio: Shibe
Charleston: Custom
Kentucky: Dodger

West Virginia: Watt Powell
Hartford: Municiple Cleveland
Manchester: League Park Cleveland
Arlington: Ballpark at Arlington
New Jersey: Minute Maid

Here's (hopefully) the link to download the file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zbSNTY ... sp=sharing

The file, when extracted, will have a folder with 10 parks inside. Move those 10 - not the entire '3D Ballparks' folder, into this location: OOTP22>ballparks>models.

PS - there is a CP option to make changes...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

Re: 3D Ballpark Replays

#2 Post by Nigel »

It always has been one of my favourite things about PEBA that the pace is slow enough to actually watch all your games in the replays. Admittedly no-one else’s games or not your minors, but at least you get to see yours.
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Evas »

I've only really started watching the replays the last few seasons. I vaguely recall something generically Japanese-ish from many years ago.

Not sure how I feel about this new look. I had grown accustomed to how things looked, especially the angle. It is a totally different feel watching a replay in my park now.

And honestly, I was fine with how it was for now. I do plan on doing a custom park at some point.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Camera angles are adjustable, so that's an easy fix. You can simply remove the ballpark file (if Steam lets you remove it) and you should revert to the default!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Evas »

Borealis wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:54 am Camera angles are adjustable, so that's an easy fix. You can simply remove the ballpark file (if Steam lets you remove it) and you should revert to the default!
Oooh good point on the camera angles. I'll check that out next sim.

I need to start tinkering with a custom park too...
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”