New Malts GM

Malts

New Malts GM

#1 Post by Malts »

Hello, everyone! My name is Aaron and I am the new GM of the Madison Malts. I have never dabbled in OOTP up to this point, but ran a league in FHM for over 15 seasons, where I developed a system where you chose a Team Path that you as a GM would announce to the media and were held to as your season's goals -- such as if you said you were rebuilding, you were required to acquire some draft picks and not trade away your young core; or if you were a Cup Contender, you were tasked at making it to the Conference Finals in one of the next two years. I held live entry drafts every year where I would go "up to the podium" on camera and announce the picks, or even trades, along with on-screen graphics. It was a lot of fun! However, life has become too busy, so I had to walk away about 8 months ago.

I am in the Nashville area working as a project manager for a Fortune 200 company that I relocated here with from Lexington KY about 4 years ago. I have been with the company about 10 years and really enjoy it. I have a 4.5 year old little girl that I split joint custody with my ex wife, with whom I still am on cordial terms. I am engaged to a baseball fanatic, who coaxed me into becoming a Cardinals fan, even though I bleed black and yellow for my pro sports teams. After the strike in 1995, I simply floated between a few teams, since the Pirates front office have no interest in winning. As a result, I took on the Cardinals and she took on the Steelers and Penguins. We are due to get married in April. She thought the idea of GMing in an online league was fascinating, so I can't guarantee she won't want to fill an open spot down the road :P

Outside of attempting to scratch the GM itch and meet new people by jumping in here, I am a hockey fanatic and have been personally been playing hockey for close to 25 years. I also enjoy a fair amount of gaming and playing cards, as well as listening to all genres of music, especially live. As you get to know me, you will learn that I am a Mental Health Awareness advocate as I personally have gone through the process of seeking and receiving help, which I am more than happy to talk about openly, or even in private.

So, all in all, I feel like I can pick up the OOTP software pretty quickly, but may need some hand-holding and nudging to get the nuances of OOTP and PEBA down, so please bear with me and I welcome any and all advice. I look forward to chatting it up and maybe wheeling and dealing with all of you!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New Malts GM

#2 Post by Borealis »

Welcome Aaron and best of luck! This is a great group of experienced GMs to learn from!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Apollos »

Great to welcome you to the league, Aaron, and thanks so much for sharing a bit about yourself! Looking forward to getting to know you and your 'soon to be' over the coming months - hopefully she'll pop in from time to time as well!
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Only thing wrong here is the being a Cardinals fan :lol: :wink:

Otherwise, welcome to the league Aaron and reach out with any Madison questions as I am happy to help!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

Welcome to the league, Aaron!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#6 Post by KenH »

Welcome to the league Aaron!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Arroyos »

Welcome to the Mad House, Aaron! First thing you'll want to consider is changing the name of your team. Nobody takes seriously a team named for malted milk.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Denny »

Belated forum welcome, Aaron! Always good to see another Cardinals fan (yes, everyone out there saying "I thought you were a Cleveland fan!"....I have both an AL team *and* NL team that I support) in the PEBA :clap:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”