Mountain Man to the Malts

TimB
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Mountain Man to the Malts

#1 Post by TimB »

Madison Malts made headlines across the PEBA world when they appointed Tim Batth as the GM in June 2034.
The man with extensive experience in the Rocky Mountain Beer Leagues, who had taken Banff Cracker Barrels to the 2032 Mountain Series Championship and widely regarded as one of the most influential beer league managers of the last 25 years.

The club's owner has now shed light on the unprecedented capture of a manager held in such high regard and how he lured him to the Great Lake region.
Speaking on Thursday's edition of The Madison Baseball Show, he said: "It was really the brainchild of our Scouting Director of baseball. I asked him If you could appoint anybody in the world, who would he appoint?" When he said the name, I have to say I smiled to myself. The Malts owner is nothing if not lacking ambition.

"When we went to Banff to speak to Tim, I thought we were going to have to do a really big sell in terms of the potential, the project and what Madison Malts could become and the part he could play. But, in fact, he'd done his research and he was already committed to the cause." "We actually spent the 24 hours in Banff just talking about the players and the systems and how he wanted to play. I left knowing he was going to be the manager of Malts but not actually having the contract that I went over with to get signed."

The brief for the Canadian was clear: Get Malts to the playoffs.

By Tikka Singh
Madison Baseball Show
Last edited by TimB on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Batth
GM Madison Malts
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mountain Man to the Malts

#2 Post by Hitmen »

Love the beer league tie in! Looking forward to what you have planned for Madison ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
TimB
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Re: Mountain Man to the Malts

#3 Post by TimB »

Madison Malts star Pablo Garza has insisted that the Manager “hasn’t changed much” despite their difficult under him, which included a 0-6 set of results over the last few days.
“To be honest, he hasn’t changed much,” Garza said.

“He’s always the same person whether we are winning or losing. He doesn’t make us feel more or less comfortable, he has always been very honest with us and adamant, talking a lot about the way we want to play. He never wants to change that so he has always been the same, telling us what we need to do and how we get better. Hopefully, we can start building a little run together now for him.”

Excerpts from the Roscoe Tanner exclusive from today's edition of the Madison Gazette.
Tim Batth
GM Madison Malts

Return to “Madison Malts”