Single-A

Scottish Claymores Series.

#1 Post by NeilT »

Scottish Claymores

#1 vs Scottish Claymores W 2-0
5:05 PM PT Friday 5th May 2034.
Elysian Fields 23,290
Vicente 'Cheese' Díaz

"We sent Vincente down when we signed Dean McNeil, before he left for Triple A I explained to him it was down to the fact he had option years left and we needed Dean on the roster.

I also explained he'd be the first pitcher to be called up.

If this is what happens when Vincente returns to the majors maybe we should send him down between starts, a no hitter that was just 1 walk away from a perfecto, he pitched beautifully, his fastball and cutter were unhittable".

Calzones GM Neil Thomas

" I'll be honest I didn't understand being sent down, when I was called back up I had a chip on my shoulder, I not only needed to prove I was good enough for the Calzones but after that defeat to Aberdeen I needed to prove to myself I was good enough for the majors.

Not being bigheaded I think I went a step closer to proving that I am a major league quality pitcher with that no hitter today".

Vicente 'Cheese' Díaz

Scottish Claymores

#2 vs Scottish Claymores W 7-5
5:05 PM PT Saturday 6th May 2034.
Elysian Fields 22,993
Miguel Torres

San Antonio starter Miguel Torres pitched well against the Scottish Claymores at Elysian Fields. The left-hander led his team to a win, 7-4. The save went to Pedro Torres, his 1st this season. San Antonio goes to 12-17.

Gilberto Fernández drew 1 walk in 4 trips to the plate for San Antonio. The two-time All-Star had a key at-bat in the bottom of the fourth. With no one out and the bases loaded, he broke a 2-2 tie with a run-scoring walk off José Ortíz. It was his 9th walk of the season.

"I've been criticized for being a slacker, but the one thing I do care about is winning," Fernández told the San Antonio Gazette.

Scottish Claymores

#3 vs Scottish Claymores L 4-5
5:05 PM PT Sunday 7th May 2034.
Elysian Fields 27,035
Bayesa Msamaki

Scottish Claymores starter Bayesa Msamaki pitched a strong game against the San Antonio Calzones of Laredo at Elysian Fields, leading the Claymores to victory, 5-4. The Calzones of Laredo fall to 12-18 and continue their uneven start to the 2034 season.

Helping the Scottish cause was Tenshin Kudo. In the top of the ninth, the 31-year old second baseman had a run-scoring ground out to make the score 5-4, Claymores.

"You get some opportunities, you better take advantage of them," said San Antonio manager Kijuro Yoshida
Neil Thomas
GM San Juan Coqui

Return to “San Antonio Calzones of Laredo”