How I Got The Job With The Calzones.

NeilT
Single-A
Single-A

How I Got The Job With The Calzones.

#1 Post by NeilT »

With bulbs a flashing and nervous smiles abound the Calzones announced there 5th GM in there history to lead the San Antonio organisation into another promised charge for the glory land, this time it was an Irishman named Neil Thomas.

GM Thomas comes into the Calzones job with a wealth of experience under his belt dating back to 2004 in his ISBL days until most recently his BBA days, whilst his experience is vast the rings on his fingers are amiss just 2 in fact and those were many moons ago so long ago the names and dates are worn away.

He may not be bringing a trophy laden cabinet with him but the Calzones can only brag about 2 play off appearances themselves in there history, so those 2 rings would look mighty impressive under the Calzones logo.

After the formalities were over I managed to catch a few minutes with the new GM.

GM Thomas seemed to have a level head on his shoulders, he admitted that if the Calzone fans wanted a quick fix then they maybe disappointed. He usually studied what needed to be done rather than rush in and make mistakes, he also stated that every player in the organisation would be given a chance to prove themselves.

He also compared San Antonio to a car that had got near the top of an hill but had run out of gas, all they needed was a bit of a top up and they'd be of and running down the other side of the hill.

All in all not only may San Antonio have found the right fit but GM Thomas may have found the right fit also.

Don Stein
San Antonio Gazette, Sports Writer.
Neil Thomas
GM San Juan Coqui

Return to “San Antonio Calzones of Laredo”