Arlington Great Returns to Teach the Current Generation

Bureaucrats
Double-A
Double-A

Arlington Great Returns to Teach the Current Generation

#1 Post by Bureaucrats »

Felix Ortega, a name that has been out of PEBA for well over a decade, has made his return. In 6 seasons with the Bureaucrats, he had a 3.24 ERA while boasting a record of 82-45. He managed staggering 943 strikeouts with a career Arlington WHIP of 1.12. Giving up less than 1 home run per appearance, he also walked less than 2 batters every time he went out there. He is 2nd in Arlington Bureaucrats history for WAR (31.3), 4th in games started (175), 3rd in wins(82), 4th in ERA (3.24), 3rd in win percentage (.646), 1st in complete games (13), 6th in shutouts (3), 4th in innings pitched (1152), 3rd in hits allowed ( 1119), 1st in BB/9 (1.4), 4th in strikeouts (943), 10th in K/9 (7.4), 2nd in K/BB (5.4), 4th in WHIP (1.12), 6th in Opponent Slugging Percentage (.375), 5th in Opponent OPS (.662), and 2nd in RWAR (27.7). Truly, he is a Bureaucrat great, who retired at the age of 31. Now, 11 years later, the Bureaucrats are calling on him for another tour of duty. This time, he shall be their pitching coach. If there’s anyone that knows about how to pitch, it’s Felix Ortega. We look forward to his tenure, because the staff truly needs his tutelage.

Though the Bureaucrats may be in a dark time for the franchise, Ortega may be the Chiron for their passage through the underworld. When asked for a quote, Ortega had this to say.

"It's truly an honor to come back to the organization that led me through some of the greatest years of my career. Now, I can give back, and help them to greatness. This is a grand opportunity, and one I shall cherish for the rest of my time in Arlington."

"Honestly, it's good to look to the past to help with the future," current GM Justin Barker said "We're in tough times, but bringing back one of the greatest to pitch on an Arlington mound as a coach is a once-in-a-lifetime chance that we simply couldn't pass on. We look forward to his time in Arlington, and cannot wait to see how he'll help the squad."

His tenure will begin shortly before the 2033 season.
Justin Barker
GM Arlington Bureaucrats

Return to “League News and Articles”