Vic Caleca, Scottish GM

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vic Caleca, Scottish GM

#1 Post by Borealis »

As some of you may have noticed, Vic Caleca, the GM of the Scottish, has been missing for a while - I had even posted a note about that this morning. It is with a heavy heart that I share with you some sad news. After some time in the hospital, Vic passed away yesterday. Ron Collins, the former Toyama GM, and a member of the Brewster League that Vic was also a member of, sent Reg a message on the OOTP Boards. Here is his message:
“Hey, Reg.
I took a look at the PEBA forum and didn’t see anything about this. I’m not sure there’s a good way to say this, but in case you didn’t know I want to let you know that I’ve learned that Vic Caleca--who I think GMs your Scottish ballclub in the PEBA--passed away yesterday. I know he’d been in the hospital for a week or so, and that he passed with his family close.
Sorry for the abrupt note, but I thought you would want to know.
Ron”
Based on some research, it appears he had some GI problems - what those may have been, is a mystery.
I found Vic to be a great, enthusiastic guy - he was one of the first GMs that we brought in when I took over as Commish 2.5 years ago, and he was a terrific contributor to the group. I, The Board, and I’m sure the entire PEBA community send their prayers to his wife and children. This is indeed a sad day.

Here is a link to the Brewster Forum where they share a message from his son and their thoughts of Vic...

http://montybrewster.net/forums/viewtop ... 18&t=38525
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Vic Caleca, Scottish GM

#2 Post by Lions »

Really sad news to hear, but thanks for sharing it, Mike. Vic was a joy to have in the league and his enthusiasm for his team made the league a more fun place. Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

Sorry to hear of Vic's passing. He did some really good work with the Scottish club and made the ILTA a much more interesting division. He'll be remembered.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by KenH »

Horrible news. As someone who has also recently lost someone, I feel for his family right now and hope that they can find peace while remembering all the joy Vic brought to their lives. I spoke with Vic several times but nothing outside of our little baseball simulation, but he always struck me as a kind, courteous soul. Wherever he is, I am sure he knows he will be missed.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

This is terribly sad news. My sympathies to Vic's family, and to everyone in PEBA, who in their own small way are Vic's family, too. He will be missed and remembered.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Denny »

Is there some way we could honor his memory within PEBA, as we did for Paul Moots?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Maulers »

R.I.P., Vic.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#8 Post by Sandgnats »

Codgers wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:55 pm Is there some way we could honor his memory within PEBA, as we did for Paul Moots?
I think we will do that in due time Denny. Perhaps food for discussion during WM.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”