2032 SEASON - SEPTEMBER

MarcoC
Single-A
Single-A

2032 SEASON - SEPTEMBER

#1 Post by MarcoC »

So near, yet so close

You can’t understand how frustrating this days have been. OOTP has been really unfair to me and to San Antonio. The cherry on top, was one GM asking me if my big superstars players were tradable, I just quit Slack in anger and did not reply. I took a long pause from PEBA and San Antonio, with the frustration boiling I preferred to take a step back and avoid slack and the forum…

“Well at least this time is not my fault”. That’s what I thought at first “I didn’t neglect my team!” I feel like I’ve done my best this year, but yet it wasn’t enough.
What I’ve learn during this year when it comes to success in the PEBA universe, is that you really have to work harder than you think. You should set up your lineup weekly and scout the stats of every player so that you know how to “maximize” their talent. You have to trade for so many player so that you can really have a plan B, and always look ahead for the future of your organization!

When I look at GMs like Greg Abcarian and Mike (hey Mike sorry I can’t find anywhere your second name) I’m sure they spend a lot of hours on this game, on their Peba save file, otherwise, it’s unexplainable their consistency over the years! Just look at the WV Alleghenies, with their 117 wins…yes the team looks really good (from a scout pov) but seriously, did you predicted all those win games at the beginning of the season?

Now…let’s not forget, this is a videogame, is not real life, it can’t be perfect, no game is perfect, plus life is unfair and so is baseball (ask to any mariners fan!) but man, w** just happened in the last month of the season?! I just won 8 games!!! 8 games!!! The team itself just gave up..

1B Gilberto Fernandez unfortunately was injured the first of September when a slider hit him in the hand, causing a fracture of the pinky finger….that resulted in missing the remaining f the season! So unlucky, he had an incredible season!
We also had some minor injuries, plus second base veteran Derrick Dwyer re-injured himself (tore abdominal muscle) after missing most of the year with a stained ACL. He was simply the shadow of himself, playing just half of the season and putting decent (but not great) numbers.

We also had 8 lost games by just one run, you can’t understand how frustrating it feels. Imagine if those were 8 win games… we could have made the playoff!
Believe me, it’s unfair, this last season left me with bitterness, plus the competition was ruthless(!!) with 5 team fighting for the 2 wildcard spot.
Pt 1
Marco Cesare
San Antonio Calzones of Laredo
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: 2032 SEASON - SEPTEMBER

#2 Post by Alleghenies »

If it makes you feel better I felt awful when my pitcher broke Gilberto's hand.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “San Antonio Calzones of Laredo”