PEBA-Cast Episode 22 - Hello? Is This Thing On?

Reg, Ken and RJ's; PEBA-Cast

Moderators: Reg, Sandgnats, KenH

KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

PEBA-Cast Episode 22 - Hello? Is This Thing On?

#1 Post by KenH »

Hey Guys!

It's been a while, but RJ and I got together to talk all about the playoffs and where we think the last 2 sims are going to go.

In true PEBACast style, we manage to talk for two hours. We spoke for an hour before the podcast too. We just. Can't. Stop.

Anyway, hopefully this is us coming back to a good schedule for PEBACast as we obviously have way too much to say...

Give it a listen if you want. Or not. I'm not your boss.

ALSO: we've been having some our BEST TRAFFIC ever on the podcast and we hadn't put out anything in seven months. If anyone knows who is listening, tell them to keep it up! I appreciate it.

LISTEN HERE!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PEBA-Cast Episode 22 - Hello? Is This Thing On?

#2 Post by Lions »

Vinnie de Brower was not only a #1 overall pick with Yuma in 2026, but he was a #5 overall pick with Amsterdam in 2025 the year before. He failed to sign, of course. He's been angry ever since.

San Antonio is at -9 on their pythag record. They've clearly won a lot of blowouts (they're only 27-31 in 1-run games). They should be higher up the standings. To me, they look a lot like Reno a year or two ago.

Ken rooting against me and then picking me for wild card after saying his predictions are always wrong... I though we were friends, Ken! !+)

Love that you mentioned Rubén Jiménez. He has elite plate discipline and would be a great comeback player of the year candidate.

I love how you guys look for the positive in every team you talk about. PEBA-Cast has been missed and it's great to see a new episode!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Leones »

Great to have you guys back in booth! I love listening these podcasts. Nice to hear Steve Hott still getting some love! :)
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by KenH »

Lions wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:34 pm Ken rooting against me and then picking me for wild card after saying his predictions are always wrong... I though we were friends, Ken! !+)

I love how you guys look for the positive in every team you talk about. PEBA-Cast has been missed and it's great to see a new episode!
You know I think you're great frank! I'm already looking forward to our annual Luppe van Dam trade discussions!

And yes, we really want to be positive... Luckily you guys make it easy by all being competent, colorful GMs!
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by KenH »

Leones wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:03 am Great to have you guys back in booth! I love listening these podcasts. Nice to hear Steve Hott still getting some love! :)
Thank you Patrick! I was excited to get back to it. Kudos to RJ for getting me off my ass and doing the damn thing. And yes, we will ALWAYS have our Hott Takes! That's guaranteed!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#6 Post by Sandgnats »

Thanks guys! I try to be positive... try...
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA-Cast”