Dear PEBA, The Harpoons Are Manned!

Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

Dear PEBA, The Harpoons Are Manned!

#1 Post by Fishermen »

Dear PEBA,

You are all f***ed. Oh wait, is that you all are f***ed? I don't even care, I just know that this is the year for the Harpoon. As a life long fan of this franchise from its Cyclones day, I have waited so many years for this moment but it's finally coming. I had a lot of struggle too, I didn't believe in Harpoon that much in the past few years. I was skeptical. Oh, don't get me wrong, I am still a Harpoon loyalist till the day I leave this world, but I am also a realist, and understand that if this year's not our year then it's not our year.

I questioned a lot of decisions by the management as well, the let-go of Harpoon icon Luis Cedeno is something I still can't get along with. It's the right decision as the man is facing the inevitability of aging, but darn I wish we could have him stay. Can't really blame the man for going out with a 40 millions contract though and for the team to not eat that up even though I would not mind so at that time. Another one would be the trade for Casco, who had been trash for one and a half years before arriving at Harpoon. He turned into another man and put up an incredible 6-0 and 3.57 ERA for us and I will give him credit for helping us make playoff last year - we really needed every one of those 6 wins - but the man's not off my hook yet. I am going to slam him hard if he goes back to his choking form this year but damn, who would thought this is a good trade before the man landed here?

We also fought really hard against the reigning champion in the full 5 games Wild Card series. Every time I wanted to question the team these past years, they slapped me hot. Thus, I have decided to take the leap of faith and believe in us!

This is our year. I am declaring this right now like a goddarn decree! I don't care about you, West Virginia, it's Hartford's time -- OUR TIME, BABY! We have waited too long, I have watched the bad years of this team, I have a autographed Narahiko Imada jersey hanging on my living room right now so I can see it while I watch a Harpoon game, I was there in the stadium witnessing history as Cyclones made their first playoff in 2015, so when I say I know, I know.

This is the beginning of a new era, an era where Harpoon is aggressively shooting for the star and taking down the evil empires of PEBA. We are loaded now, and we are prepared for the long haul. Shit, I don't even recognize this team anymore with all the old guards leaving but that's just the thing about a new era. I will miss those who had done us proud in the past but we have to look forward to the future as well as true fans of the team.

This new lineup is about to do some nuclear damage to you all out there, I mean, look at these names: Tom Patton, Roberto Garcia, Alfredo Torres, Jerry Long, Matthias Ouellette and so on. Shit, look at our speed. We don't play powerball or smallball, we play missileball! we are coming at you like shot-out Harpoons, we fast and powerful. You can't stop us no matter what, we will break through every kind of field. Pitcher's field? We grind you out with speed and contact! Batter's field? We smash the ball so hard they circle the globe and hit your fans at the back of their heads!

You can question our pitchers, but you ain't questioning our Zippy GOAT Matt Brown, who helped us getting 27-19 in one-run games and 11-4 in extra-inning games. We are going to close the door and send you back home in tears.

Oh I can talk a lot more, but I don't want to give you all no angle to attack. Come at me, bro and sis out there, come at me, I am the Harpooner ready to ride with you all throughout this season. You can find me on r/PEBA and the PEBA official forums.

Sincerely,
CycloneFan1199(a.k.a. The OG Cycloner/Harpooner).
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen

Return to “League News and Articles”