TEW 2020

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TEW 2020

#1 Post by Hitmen »

Not sure if anyone has played the series or given it a try, but Total Extreme Wrestling (TEW) 2020 by Grey Dog Software is a great wrestling manager game that I have been diving very hard into recently.

It reminds me of some of the very early OOTP and Baseball Mogul versions I tried that got me really into the management games. And I love supporting small teams that do good work.

And better yet, I get to do some artwork for my own league as well.

I may end up sharing stuff later down the road as my league evolves a bit, as I am still very much in the testing/learning phases and have restarted multiple times to make larger world tweaks.

Not sure if anyone is into wrestling or has given this series a try.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: TEW 2020

#2 Post by Alleghenies »

Is it better than the old version? I used to play that a little bit.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#3 Post by Fishermen »

TEW sees great improvement in every version. Too bad I am too busy nowadays to really get into it.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

I am thinking once I get a bit further into it and get my league a bit more established, I might see about slowing it down and posting stories about it here in off topic. I’m still learning as I go.
Michael Czosnyka

RoryN
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#5 Post by RoryN »

I picked up the latest version around the start of June. I have put more time into it than any other game I play regularly, including OOTP (but in my defense, I only play online leagues with OOTP). I've DL'd a couple of mods though I haven't done a lot with either. The one that sold me when I tried the demo was the 1970 mod. I grew up watching Portland Wrestling every Saturday night and the chance to play as promoter Don Owen and have all of these old familiar favorites available was a huge selling point. If they ever figure out a good online option for playing against others I may give up OOTP for good. :wink:
Rory Noble
GM - Kentucky Thoroughbreds

"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."-David Mamet
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#6 Post by Underground »

I have been playing Journey of Wrestling. It's a browser based game, same idea as TEW. It is a bit less deep but 10000% more user friendly and thus (for me) engaging. I've put a ton of time into my 1995 start date WCW vs WWF scenario.

You can play a lot of it for free (bonus) but there is a paid version which unlocks additional stuff. It's quite cheap, think it's like 15 bucks these days for a lifetime membership.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Hitmen »

I need to continue my TEW game again, it’s been awhile. I enjoy it’s complexity but it definitely can drag at times.

Played some Journey of Wrestling as well. Great little browser based game. I agree it is definitely easier and I like it’s record tracking much better and it’s gimmic/story system much better as well when compared to TEW. But this is one where I feel it can go too quickly to play and then I pay less attention because I can zoom through it so quickly that I am not invested.

Love both games though, definitely a market for a wrestling management game out there with some good options already.
Michael Czosnyka

RoryN
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#8 Post by RoryN »

I'm using the Thunderverse DB in my latest game. I tend to feel that I'm not running enough shows and events and then discover that I've buried myself by running too much. Created my own small company in the Northwest and created a few workers with decent abilities to be the foundation. Then I hired a bunch of unemployed workers to fill it in. Only one manager and no women's division at this time, but my bookers can be used as manager if I think it would be helpful. It's been an interesting little game so far. Just heading into my 3rd month and at least I'm not hemorrhaging (much) money. Keeping up with the other companies' production values is a killer though.
Rory Noble
GM - Kentucky Thoroughbreds

"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."-David Mamet

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”