Welcome Akio Sai

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Welcome Akio Sai

#1 Post by Alleghenies »

Here is an opening statement from new pitching coach Akio Sai.

“Thank you everyone for coming to this press conference.  It is my pleasure to sign with the West Virginia organization to start my new chapter in baseball.  I was super excited when GM Greg Abcarian called me up the day after I announced my retirement and told me he had an opening in the minor leagues as a coach for me.  To be honest, I hadn’t planned on coming back right away, but when my old GM called me, I just knew I had to do it.  I was sad when I got traded from Fushi Yugi, but it was because I wanted to move on and play for a bigger team and GM Abcarian made a trade that did that for me.  When I got traded to the Evas it was a dream come true because in the LRS they were the top dogs.  The team was successful because of their GM Kevin Vail and his professionalism running that organization.  He was such a good general manager that I stayed there five and a half years.  That is when GM Abcarian brought me to West Virginia to pitch for 2 more years.  While I had an option for the 3rd year, the team needed to cut some money so they could re-invest it back into the team.  I also wasn’t getting the appearances I wanted so I wasn’t upset with their decision.  I signed with Arlington and for the next 2 years I was their closer and to be honest I only signed because their GM Justin was a good man and offered me the closer job.  It was a wonderful first 2 years, but last year my arm gave out on me.  Justin released me in July to give the youngsters a chance and I completely respect that and he came and talked to me ahead of time.  I can’t wait to get to work with these youngsters and I can guarantee one thing, the pitchers in the Allegheny organization are going to know how to throw chin music.  Our pitchers will learn the plate is the pitchers, not the batters. So once again thank you to all my former great GM’s and to GM Abcarian for bringing me back.”

Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia

Return to “League News and Articles”