Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2031, Season 25

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2031, Season 25

#1 Post by Borealis »

It's PEBA 25!!!

Noticed something neat from our latest sim? This is the place to post it!

Please use this thread for post-sim discussion only.

If you're having a technical problem with a new league file, do not post it here!
Post your tech issues in this thread. We will be monitoring it and will respond ASAP
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2031, Season 25

#2 Post by Alleghenies »

I think after all the big player movements this off-season, some of the lesser competitive teams are going to be pushing some of those competitive teams. I also think we will see a less 100 game winners because of it.

Also I am pretty happy I got Tomas Silva to sign at catcher as it has not been a good off-season for catcher for me. 2 failed signings and 2 trades fell apart.

I am also looking forward to the HOF announcement.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Wind Dancers »

That was my thought Greg. I don't think many of the top teams will be toppled, but I think the ceiling and the floor have gotten a bit closer this offseason.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Alleghenies »

Wow, I will say I thought at least 5 guys would make the Hall of Fame. We must all have very different opinions, that is pretty cool.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

I voted for more and felt like I had a small ballot... so it's interesting to see that other folks are even smaller-Hall than I am. That said, I like spreading out inductions, so I'm happy that we're not inducting everyone who I think is worthy this year and will likely induct additional folks next year and on-going.

Great work putting together the ballot, tabulating the votes, and reporting it all out. It's a historic occasion and has been handled as such!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Alleghenies »

Lions wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:53 pm I voted for more and felt like I had a small ballot... so it's interesting to see that other folks are even smaller-Hall than I am. That said, I like spreading out inductions, so I'm happy that we're not inducting everyone who I think is worthy this year and will likely induct additional folks next year and on-going.

Great work putting together the ballot, tabulating the votes, and reporting it all out. It's a historic occasion and has been handled as such!
I like spreading them out too. I was just saying that I was surprised as 2 of the 3 guys mentioned in the Podcast that just missed I thought were in for sure.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Borealis »

I think most people voted for all (if not most of) the 10 allotted votes - but I'd have to go back and look... (looking now, and there were just four ballots that were particularly short). That said, I am in agreement - small classes with our still relatively short history, is a good thing...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by Alleghenies »

It still would have been neat to get 5. If you didn't know, the original Hall of Fame in 1936 had 5 guys.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Borealis »

Alleghenies wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:53 pm It still would have been neat to get 5. If you didn't know, the original Hall of Fame in 1936 had 5 guys.
Indeed it did! As I mentioned in the podcast, it was looking like 6 for a long time...

BTW - you can check out the Hall of Fame results and Discuss the results in two new forum threads. Please keep any Discussion about the results in the HoF Discussion thread!
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#10 Post by Alleghenies »

The first sim produced some interesting results. I know Spring means absolutely nothing, but always fun to look at boxes.

Even though my team didn't start off well. I was encouraged by a few things. Silva has taken the lead for me as starting catcher.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Borealis »

Spring always brings a mixture of Neat and Not So Neat, and for the Borealis during a 3-4 week that included being shut out 3-times:

- Of the projected starting position players, John Dickson was 8-18 (.444) - though he struck out 6-times and 'Litterbug' Arundale was 6-14 (.429) - neither with an XBH between them... Domingo Gutierrez was 9-28 (.321) with 3-2B - those three are Neat... Teddy Loetzsch (1-13), Nick Heath (2-14) and Roy Duke (3-1) - Not So Neat...

- On the mound, 'Tugboat', Julio Diaz and Richard Neely all had 4-shut out innings in their Spring debuts, while Sim and Cluett gave up just a run - those were Neat, but Bartolo Esquivel, the lone starter to get in two GS, gave up 7 R on 11 H in 6.1 IP - it has the feel of a Not So, but 6 of the 7-runs were in his first start (2.1 IP v. Okinawa, with 2 HRA) - his second start, v. Bakersfield, he allowed a run on 4 H - Neat. Neater still, is 9 K, 0 BB in those 6 IP...

From the 'pen: He Ling has 4-shut out innings... Rookie Orinosuke Fujii, who has had all of 12 appearances at Short A last year, had 3-shut out innings with 6 K and a BB... Mark Powers, who had the most innings out of the crowd (8), allowed 5 H, 4 R - but 12 K and a BB (Trying to figure out why he had 8 IP out of the set-up role in just two games)

As a side note - I'll never understand the OOTP substitution pattern: Gutierrez is set to catch every other day, Merkel every 2nd day and Shirane every 5th - yet Gutierrez starts 6 of 7 games, and Shirane gets one defensive replacement AB - at first... sheesh...
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#12 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:15 pm

As a side note - I'll never understand the OOTP substitution pattern: Gutierrez is set to catch every other day, Merkel every 2nd day and Shirane every 5th - yet Gutierrez starts 6 of 7 games, and Shirane gets one defensive replacement AB - at first... sheesh...
When you figured it out, please let me know. I have the same problem.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Arroyos »

Alleghenies wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Borealis wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:15 pm

When you figured it out, please let me know. I have the same problem.
Actually, guys, it's pretty simple. The OOTP artificial intelligence believes itself to be smarter than human beings, so it either ignores our substitution requests or it messes with them, just to prove that we are NOT in charge. The machine is.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#14 Post by Alleghenies »

Well at quick glance. Happy to go 5-1.

Francisco Lucador who I was planning on bringing up next year looks like he is trying to prove it should be this year.

Going to be some tough decisions in the pen for me and for 5th spot in OF.

Catcher is currently a mess, but Silva looks capable still.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Fishermen
Double-A
Double-A

#15 Post by Fishermen »

I feel like AI has a much higher tendency to not follow your instruction in ST. Why though? I don't know. Feel like they should at least follow the starts and do subs on their own accord.
Andy (Sim, Chaan-Shu)
GM Gloucester Fishermen

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”