New Bears GM. Hello!

Bears
Single-A
Single-A

New Bears GM. Hello!

#1 Post by Bears »

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in and say hi as I frantically try to catch up with all things PEBA. My name is Lenny and I am an Actor, Director, and writer that lives in NYC....great time to live here, I know. I have an amazing wife and a kick ass corgi. I also run two theatre companies. One here and one in Michigan in the summers. So that is pretty cool I think.

I'm a HUGE Cubs fan and just a baseball junky all together. Which makes now tough, but PEBA such a cool thing to be involved in. So thank you all for having me.

OOTP experience is pretty extensive, but only online leagues recently since the opening up of my schedule for obvious reasons. I have a team 28 team personal fictional league where I GM all 28 teams because I'm a nut. It's run a lot like PEBA. Which is why when I heard of you all on the OOTP Podcast during a road trip for work I said "damn I wanna do that." And here I am.

So again, thank you all for having me and I look forward to getting to know all of you better.
All my best,
Lenny

PS
Please know is and always will be my ultimate goal to make sure the Aurora Borealis never see another title again. ;)
I'm free for any questions...
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: New Bears GM. Hello!

#2 Post by Arroyos »

Welcome to the PEBAverse, Lenny! Great to have another theatre person aboard. I was part of a theatre company in western Michigan back in the 90s. Attention Deficit Drama, we called ourselves. Out here in Southern California I wrote a directed plays at my university for 15 years before retiring.

Where in Michigan do you do summer theatre?

Bob
Yuma Arroyos
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Apollos »

Welcome to the PEBA, Lenny, and best of luck! It sounds like you’ve got a great background to blend well into the PEBAverse! ;-D
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

A fellow Cubs fan, and a fellow road block to the evil empire in Aurora! :wink:

Both great qualities to have when joining the PEBA. Welcome aboard!
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by Alleghenies »

Welcome Lenny.

Go Cubs. Are you a fellow Chicagoan originally or just great taste?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Lions »

Welcome, Lenny! My wife is from Chicago and her brother is a big Cubs fan. We went to a game at Wrigley when Roger Clemens was with the Yankees pitching for his 300th win. Cubs won, much to the delight of just about everyone besides myself. Corgi's are great dogs, they were what my family always had when I was growing up. Glad you're here!
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by Alleghenies »

Lions wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am Welcome, Lenny! My wife is from Chicago and her brother is a big Cubs fan. We went to a game at Wrigley when Roger Clemens was with the Yankees pitching for his 300th win. Cubs won, much to the delight of just about everyone besides myself. Corgi's are great dogs, they were what my family always had when I was growing up. Glad you're here!
Frank I was there too. About 8 rows behind home plate almost got tossed for yelling at then Gov Blago 2 rows in front of me.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#8 Post by KenH »

Hello, Lenny! It's always cool to hear about people getting into the league through the podcast. We're all super excited to have you!

You sound like you definitely know your way around OOTP, but PEBA does have some weird eccentricities just because of how long the league's been around. Never feel like you can't ask a question -- even if you think it's dumb. One thing I've learned is if you're thinking it, there's probably a few others that are as well.

I'll forgive the Cubs fandom since you also do theater! I don't anymore but I still love it.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Bears
Single-A
Single-A

#9 Post by Bears »

Featherheads wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:01 am Hello, Lenny! It's always cool to hear about people getting into the league through the podcast. We're all super excited to have you!

You sound like you definitely know your way around OOTP, but PEBA does have some weird eccentricities just because of how long the league's been around. Never feel like you can't ask a question -- even if you think it's dumb. One thing I've learned is if you're thinking it, there's probably a few others that are as well.

I'll forgive the Cubs fandom since you also do theater! I don't anymore but I still love it.
Oh now worries! I'll ask plenty of dumb questions. Don't you worry!
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Bears
Single-A
Single-A

#10 Post by Bears »

Arroyos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:02 am Welcome to the PEBAverse, Lenny! Great to have another theatre person aboard. I was part of a theatre company in western Michigan back in the 90s. Attention Deficit Drama, we called ourselves. Out here in Southern California I wrote a directed plays at my university for 15 years before retiring.

Where in Michigan do you do summer theatre?

Bob
Yuma Arroyos
Hey Bob!

I run Hope Summer Rep in Holland Michigan and Titan Theatre Company in NYC!
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Bears
Single-A
Single-A

#11 Post by Bears »

Malts wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 am A fellow Cubs fan, and a fellow road block to the evil empire in Aurora! :wink:

Heck yeah! Love the new team locale too...I'm from Wisconsin!
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Bears
Single-A
Single-A

#12 Post by Bears »

Alleghenies wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:43 am Welcome Lenny.

Go Cubs. Are you a fellow Chicagoan originally or just great taste?
I'm from Kenosha, WI. But practically grew up in Chicago. G-pa was from Chicago and I got the Cubs from him. When he passed he had a Cubs coffin....so are pretty serious. ;)
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Bears
Single-A
Single-A

#13 Post by Bears »

Bears wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:06 am
Featherheads wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:01 am Hello, Lenny! It's always cool to hear about people getting into the league through the podcast. We're all super excited to have you!

I'll ask plenty of dumb questions. Don't you worry!
Lenny Banovez
GM Bakersfield Bears
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Hitmen »

Bears wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:09 am
Malts wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 am A fellow Cubs fan, and a fellow road block to the evil empire in Aurora! :wink:

Heck yeah! Love the new team locale too...I'm from Wisconsin!
I moved to Wi after 21 years in the suburbs of Chicago, then spent about 13 years in Wi before moving back to Chicago for work. I still pick up a couple cases of Moon Man every time I visit my family in Wi.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Evas »

Welcome aboard, Lenny!
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.