2030 Trade Partners

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2030 Trade Partners

#16 Post by Borealis »

Lions wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm One thing worth asking is how much should be publicly visible? OOTP restricts financial views for teams you don't GM, although some of what's restricted is on the HTML output.
I've always wondered how much of this information is available in real life? Do the Giant's know this 'body of info' for the dodgers? Do the Red Sox know the Yankee's data? I feel like this is all pretty much common knowledge within the industry - or am I really off base. I thought it was a silly move when OOTP blocked that info...
Lions wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm
Leones wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 pm C works best for me because I'm used to the team colors. Easy to see them in C, to my mind.
They all use team colors. ;)

B and C are the team colors, just flipped. It's easy to see with WV.
A is a "preferred" color picked from the team colors. Basically, it takes the team text color and uses that unless it's white or black, in which case it picks the background color.
Well, then, I like A - the outlines tend to darken the lines as the reach that central intersection point...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: 2030 Trade Partners

#17 Post by Denny »

Borealis wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:36 pm
Lions wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:20 pm One thing worth asking is how much should be publicly visible? OOTP restricts financial views for teams you don't GM, although some of what's restricted is on the HTML output.
I've always wondered how much of this information is available in real life? Do the Giant's know this 'body of info' for the dodgers? Do the Red Sox know the Yankee's data? I feel like this is all pretty much common knowledge within the industry - or am I really off base. I thought it was a silly move when OOTP blocked that info...
That is my feeling as well, that in "real life" much of this data would be publicly known--and the fact that you can see at least some of it in the HTML reports supports that idea.

I am a fan of view C in the trade circle, by the way.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”