OOTP21 Migration

Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

OOTP21 Migration

#1 Post by Denny »

I thought it would be worthwhile to have a thread in the ON-topic discussion area about OOTP 21, as the date we are changing over is coming up quickly.

I finally purchased and downloaded it today, and discovered, to my displeasure, that I will need to upgrade my computer's operating system in order for it to run. :-x My computer is currently running OS X version 10.8.5 and OOTP 21 requires at least version 10.9.

Not only is this a hassle in terms of time required to backup, upgrade, etc., it also means I have to worry about what other of my existing applications might no longer work with that new version. That's assuming I even *can* upgrade to 10.9, as this computer is 11 years old and who knows if it is even capable of running the newer OS.

Just an annoying extra effort I did not need. :-C

Any other OOTP21-related items worth discussing?
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: OOTP21 Migration

#2 Post by Borealis »

Codgers wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:02 pm Not only is this a hassle in terms of time required to backup, upgrade, etc., it also means I have to worry about what other of my existing applications might no longer work with that new version.
That's why I am still running 10.11...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Wind Dancers »

As a commissioner in another league who has made the migration, here are some in-game things other might be interested in:

1. The All-star period now includes a prospects game and a home run derby option for some added fun.

2. The draft now has it's own section and includes the draft pools for each of the next 4 seasons. It also has an OSA Mock Draft.

3. The prospect pipeline is a new system of tracking prospect similar to what used to be called the "Top 100 Prospects"

4. As with most version changes, the way scout read players' ratings has had some adjustments made. No ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL ratings have changed, rather your scout just weighs those ratings and sees them differently.

5. The "New" scouting system isn't as in-depth as many expected. The new feature allows you to search for specific players, but you can essentially ignore the entire feature and it won't affect anything.
5a. The positive about the new scouting system, is each player is assigned a scouting level which tells you how extensively your scout has looked at said player. Spending your scouting budget on Amatuer scouting will provide better scouting for drafted players as you would expect.

Just some small tips heading into the new version as well as some visual updates coming our way.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#4 Post by Sandgnats »

Thanks Dylan!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by KenH »

Wow thats awesome, Dylan. Thanks for the heads up! i Haven't messed around with 21 as much as I'd like.
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#6 Post by Sandgnats »

Featherheads wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:05 am Wow thats awesome, Dylan. Thanks for the heads up! i Haven't messed around with 21 as much as I'd like.
Only 23 of 24 hours of the day isn't enough!
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by KenH »

Sandgnats wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 am
Featherheads wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:05 am Wow thats awesome, Dylan. Thanks for the heads up! i Haven't messed around with 21 as much as I'd like.
Listen, don't shame me and my weird addictions...
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Sandgnats »

Featherheads wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:15 am
Sandgnats wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:09 am
Listen, don't shame me and my weird addictions...
I'm only jealous! :)
RJ Ermola
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#9 Post by Underground »

Seeing how old some of the OSX versions still in use out there still are has me over here twitching as an IT professional. Upgrade those machines!!!

Also those changes sound neat...sadly I can't get OOTP21 through Origin Access for free like I did the last two iterations. Will actually have to pony up some dough this year.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#10 Post by Dinosaurs »

Thanks for those tips Dylan!
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Borealis »

I'm going to post this now while I'm thinking of it. For those of you with Macs, OOTP has changed the location of all the game files, further burying them. The location is:

"User"/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.ootp21macqlm/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 21/saved_games/PEBA.lg...

Yup, 11 layers of folders... geesh...

My recommendation? I make an alias of the'OOTP Baseball 21' folder, and place it someplace easy to work with...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#12 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm I'm going to post this now while I'm thinking of it. For those of you with Macs, OOTP has changed the location of all the game files, further burying them. The location is:

"User"/Library/Containers/com.ootpdevelopments.ootp21macqlm/Data/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 21/saved_games/PEBA.lg...

My recommendation? I make an alias of the'OOTP Baseball 21' folder, and place it someplace easy to work with...
My recommendation is don't use a Mac :-)
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Arroyos »

Alleghenies wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:46 pm
Borealis wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm My recommendation? I make an alias of the'OOTP Baseball 21' folder, and place it someplace easy to work with...
:-x
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#14 Post by Underground »

Borealis wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:34 pm I'm going to post this now while I'm thinking of it. For those of you with Macs, OOTP has changed the location of all the game files, further burying them. The location is:

Seconded.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Arroyos »

Underground wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:43 am

Seconded.
This is just plain mean, gentlemen. I try not to rant against Bill Gates' user-unfriendly software because I know a lot of you use it. So I ask that you have similar consideration for those of us who have Macs.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”