2030 All-Star Game

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: 2030 All-Star Game

#61 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 am I apologize about the couple of oddities that came up with tonights game - I hope I at least made the most of it, from a storyline point of view.

When I got to the line-up screen, the game had already set the IL as the home team - with no way of changing that, and Palm Springs had already been declared the host for this years game, and so I did the next best thing - create a story, and hence Ollie Morris, Ronald Harmon and the bat...

Then, in the late innings, making the substitutions, I accidentally lost the IL DH - and I was left with the pitcher hitting. Dylan's quick thinking lead to evening things out on the SL side, and with that - with multiple hitters now out of the game, I created 'Oystergate'. I apologize for the 'disruption', but at least I was able to get a representative of each team into the game...

I thought it was awesome. Great work.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by Arroyos »

Borealis wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:45 am I apologize about the couple of oddities that came up with tonights game - I hope I at least made the most of it, from a storyline point of view.

When I got to the line-up screen, the game had already set the IL as the home team - with no way of changing that, and Palm Springs had already been declared the host for this years game, and so I did the next best thing - create a story, and hence Ollie Morris, Ronald Harmon and the bat...

Then, in the late innings, making the substitutions, I accidentally lost the IL DH - and I was left with the pitcher hitting. Dylan's quick thinking lead to evening things out on the SL side, and with that - with multiple hitters now out of the game, I created 'Oystergate'. I apologize for the 'disruption', but at least I was able to get a representative of each team into the game...
Great improvisation! Made for a better story than would have been the case without those disruptions. I've always found the best fiction comes from accidents, surprises and fuck ups!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#63 Post by KenH »

This was great! Thanks Mike!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Leones »

Best All Star Game ever because of the improvisations. Well done! ;-D
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#65 Post by Sandgnats »

Great job Mike! the game was a lot of fun!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#66 Post by Denny »

Great job Mike! I loved all the Palm Springs-specific touches....particularly the Elderberry Field views which I plan to use copiously in future articles. Well done! :clap:
And of course a great job by all the Codgers past and present who helped bring about another victory for the greatly superior SL in the game itself 8)

One quibble though:
Bears wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:53 pm
Borealis wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:51 pm the feel good story of the Desert Hills, Power, a Rule 5 selection by Aurora
That doesn't sound right...
Yeah, it's definitely not. :-C
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”