2030 Predictions!

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2030 Predictions!

#1 Post by Reg »

Time to see who can predict the outcome of the upcoming season! Place your votes! :clap:

Imperial League

Seaboard

Dixie

Trans Atlantic

IL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner:
Golden Arm Winner:
Wunderkind Winner:

Sovereign League

Great Lakes

Desert Hills

Rising Sun

SL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner:
Golden Arm Winner:
Wunderkind Winner:

Postseason

IL Wild Card Winner - Top 3 seeds get a bye
_____ over _____ in __ games

SL Wild Card Winner - Top 3 seeds get a bye

IL Division Series Winners - Top 3 seeds vs. Wild Card winner

SL Division Series Winners - Top 3 seeds vs. Wild Card winner

League Championship Series Winners
IL: _____ over _____ in __ games
SL: _____ over _____ in __ games

PEC Winner

Scoring Rules:
+1 point for each standings position you're off by
-1 point for each postseason series winner correctly identified
-1 point for correctly guessing the number of games team advance a postseason series (do not need the losing team accurate)
-1 point for getting the PEC winner
-0.5 points for identifying an end of season award winner
Lowest score wins

Past Winners:
2015 - Kevin (FLA)
2016 - Kevin (FLA)
2017 - Frank (CON)
2018 - Dan (ARL)
2019 - Denny (PS)
2020 - ?
2021 - Patrick (HAV)
2022 - Mike (AUR)
2023 - Mike (AUR)
2024 - Patrick (HAV)
2025 - ?
2026 - ?
2027 - ?
2028 - Denny (PS)
2029 - Dylan (TOY)
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

Re: 2030 Predictions!

#2 Post by KenH »

Imperial League

Seaboard
1. West Virginia - West Virginia opting for a retooling will still be in great shape for another seaboard crown. Young Javier Drake is on the inside track for Wunderkind.
2. Hartford - Hartford has put together a very solid off-season and used their cap space to round out a very solid rotation of Norris/McNeal/Lewis/Garcia. While none of these guys are bonafide aces, you wouldn't be upset to have any of them in your rotation. They have, of course, also signed the best free agent in German Hernandez to a very respectable 3 year deal. Assuming everyone stays healthy, Hartford is going to be in contention throughout the season.
3. Arlington - A solid team top to bottom that may lack the firepower to make it to the playoffs. Motoyuki Hatsutori strikes me as the difference maker for this team. if the 38 million dollar man puts together a good campaign, it can cover a lot of the blemishes. If he's hurt again, Arlington will probably be a seller at the deadline.
4. Manchester - Manchester will continue to build a deep farm system with good draft picks.

Dixie
1. Florida - In 2029, the Featherheads won their most games in the Hannahs era. I've improved the roster somewhat and we have some good rookies who look primed to make an impact shortly. I expect some regression from Hitman, but even in that case, I'm very excited for my rotation and bullpen in 2030. I'll have a lot of trade chips/depth stashed in AAA this year which may be important as we go down the stretch.
2. Kentucky - The 2029 IL participant in the Rodriguez cup, the team showed just how powerful it was in the last 2 months of the season. If they played like that the entire season, they would have undoubtedly taken the division. Their problem has always been consistency. A quiet off-season and 6 players lost in the Rule 5 draft may be worrying many Thoroughbred fans, though...
3. New Orleans - the Juan Hernandez acquisition may be one of the more under appreciated pickups so far during this off-season. A consistently effective high average, good defense player, Hernandez is a perfect fit for the otherwise homer-happy Trendsetters.
4. Charleston - Charleston continues with a strategy of rebuilding while putting a competitive team on the field. The 2030 iteration of the newest PEBA team has new faces, yet the outlook is the same. Strong free agent acquisitions puts Charleston in a position to make some money while allowing their farm the chance to mature.
5. San Antonio - A slow off-season for San Antonio may lead to another losing season for the Calzones. One thing you can say about this team is their coffers are filled to the brim, though. They can turn it around in one off-season if they put some of that money to use. At a payroll of just over 37 million, their entire payroll is less than Alex Bothwell and Motoyuki Hatsutori's annual salary.

Trans Atlantic
1. Havana - I wanted to make a hot take and take San Juan here, but I just couldn't do it. Havana looks ready to continue their dominance in the IL Trans Atlantic. Vazquez will continue to dominate IL lineups and their offense will continue to be good enough. I'm expecting one of these days Ogre is finally going to unleash his full potential and put up a Royal Raker caliber season. For now, he's not even the best short stop in the division.
2. San Juan - San Juan filled a lot of gaps this off-season with the value signing of LF Kelvin McDonald and pitchers Edgardo "Terror"Diaz and Jon Dalton. They also picked up elite RF Roberto "Fudd" Martinez. I like their balance, so I like them surprising people sneaking into the wildcard.
3. Scottish - It was a slow offseason up in Alba, save for 3 Rule 5 guys. The team is still fearsome with a core of Naomi Honma, Pat Barry, and Vincent Powell, the offense will again be productive, but the cracks that appeared at the beginning of the off-season don't appear to have been filled...
4. London - London has done some work this off-season. Inking Francisco Murillo to a 3 year contract could pay dividends -- especially if he has a rebound campaign after discouraging age 29 campaign in Fargo. London seems largely to be in a holding pattern until Megavolt is ready to make his way to The Show.
5. Amsterdam - The Imperial League Vail has a team with some good prospects, but looks to be lacking enough strong role players to make it all come together. Antonio Santos may be the most valuable trade chip in the game right now, should Ryan decide to deal.

IL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: Bartolo Mora (KY) - Mora had a down year in 2029... I expect a pretty serious rebound in 2030.
Golden Arm Winner: Enrique Vazquez (HAV) - Maybe one day van Dam will have a shot at this... Vazquez is still impossibly dominant though.
Wunderkind Winner: Javier Drake (WV) - Doppler is a switch hitting right fielder who laid waste to AAA last year. I think he's going to do more than just fill in for Vazquez's vacated haunt.

Sovereign League

Great Lakes
1. Crystal Lake - GM of the year RJ Ermola continues his Great Lakes dominance
2. Duluth - Duluth's offseason acquisitions make for a formidable lineup. I look for them to surprise some people.
3. Fargo - Pat Watson will always be the wild card for Fargo. If he's healthy, the team is unbeatable... but his track record is spotty at best.
4. Kalamazoo - Juan Carlos Ornelza bursts onto the stage in 2030 and becomes the immediate face of the franchise.
5. Canton - The bright spot for Canton are their young pitching prospects that look almost ready to be installed in a rotation.

Desert Hills
1. Palm Springs - the slow burn Codgers are ready to take their place as Desert HIlls champions.
2. Bakersfield - Bakersfield looks primed for another good campaign. I'll probably regret not listing them first, but what is this for if not Hot Takes?
3. Aurora - Not as much offensive firepower as we're used to seeing, but their pitching is so dominant, they could sneak into the playoffs on that alone.
4. Reno - Huge signings of Ryan Lambert and Adrian Fuentes for Reno. Is it enough for them to reach the playoffs? Possibly, but they're still going to have to surprise some people to get there.
5. Yuma - constantly rebuilding Yuma could trade their draft picks for a bunch of good players and be competitive tomorrow, but they won't.

Rising Sun
1. Shin Seiki - the champs are looking great to repeat. As always. Their trades are always a marvel.
2. Neo-Tokyo - Tomas Martinez will carry the rest of his team to a strong second place showing.
3. Toyama - Young players who look almost ready. Their rotation is young, but effective. They will have a much better record if they didn't have to face the evil empire constantly. (as is true with all Rising Sun teams)
4. Okinawa - Very strong rotation... the rest of the team still has some growing to do.

SL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: Tomas Martinez (NT) - Tomas Martinez may be the best offensive player in PEBA right now. He will dominate again -- even if he's facing the buzzsaw that is the Shin Seiki rotation.
Golden Arm Winner: Yakamochi Suitani - Suitani continues to rack up the hardware...
Wunderkind Winner: Ernesto Martinez (NT) - Neo-Tokyo wins 2-3 SL awards with both Martinezes going ham.

Postseason

Kentucky over San Juan in 4 games

Neo-Tokyo over Bakersfield in 4 games

Florida over Kentucky in 6 games
Havana over WV in 5 games

Shin Seiki over Neo-Tokyo in 5 games
Crystal Lake over Palm Springs in 7 games

IL: Florida over Havana in 7 games
SL: Crystal Lake over Shin Seiki in 7 games

PEC Winner
Florida over Crystal Lake in 4 games

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Arroyos »

According to the Featherheads, "Yuma could trade their draft picks for a bunch of good players and be competitive tomorrow, but they won't." I guess it's predictions like that which have earned the Floridians the nickname "Featherhead." Yuma COULD, it is true, but no one knows that Yuma WON'T, not even Yuma. We have a new owner, a new Acting GM, a new manager and new money. Ain't no saying what might happen next.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
KenH
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by KenH »

Bulldozers wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 pm We have a new owner, a new Acting GM, a new manager and new money. Ain't no saying what might happen next.
I can't wait to see, Bob!
Ken Hannahs -- Farstriders GM (2023-2037)
2025, 2033, 2034, 2035 PEBA Champion
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Arroyos »

Featherheads wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:46 pm
Bulldozers wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 pm We have a new owner, a new Acting GM, a new manager and new money. Ain't no saying what might happen next.
I can't wait to see, Bob!
Me neither, Ken!
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Lions »

These are the StatsLab predictions:

Imperial League

Seaboard
1. WV
2. HAR
3. ARL
4. MAN

Dixie
1. FLA
2. KEN
3. NO
4. CST
5. SA

Trans Atlantic
1. SCO
2. HAV
3. SJ
4. AMA
5. LON

Sovereign League

Great Lakes
1. FAR
2. CL
3. DUL
4. CAN
5. KAL

Desert Hills
1. BAK
2. PS
3. AUR
4. REN
5. YUM

Rising Sun
1. SS
2. NT
3. OKA
4. TOY

Postseason - StatsLab isn't handling the Wild Card properly, so I'll just show the LCS and PEC

IL: FLA over WV in 6 games
SL: SS over FAR in 7 games

PEC Winner
FLA over SS in 6 games
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Ghosts »

Imperial League

Seaboard
1. WV - The gap is smaller but the elite talent here is too much to deny - Lujan, Jasper, and Drake will lead a dynamic offense that can score enough in PEBA's stingiest park to keep the wins piled high.
2. HAR - The additions of Hernandez and Clayton Lewis fit quite nicely into an already talented core. The Harpoon will threaten for a WC spot.
3. ARL - Financial setbacks have resulted in talent setbacks. Arlington is a team caught between the desire to win and having the resources to make that happen.
4. MAN - The desire to win now is still a ways off in Manchester, but the talent collection is growing steadily.

Dixie
1. KEN - The horsemen of the pseudo-South showed just how dangerous they can be last season. They'll carry that momentum to a division title in 2030.
2. FL - Perennial badasses, the F-heads will likely end up playing October baseball, but it will be as a wild card this season as Burton can't continue his superheroics into a second season.
3. NO - As Ken mentioned, the addition of Juan Hernandez was a savvy move for a competitive club. Pitching will prevent the Trendsetters from making too many waves, though.
4. SA - The recent value signing of LF Gilbert Murray shows San Antonio is pushing toward improving their PEBA level play, which gives them the edge over Charleston here.
5. CST - Patient management and asset accrual won't lead to PEBA wins soon, but it's the wise path for a club that needs to build up every aspect of the organization. Kudos for sticking to it.

Trans Atlantic
1. HAV - One of the best rotations in PEBA is backed by loads of elite talent. Havana is still the class of the Trans Atlantic.
2. SJ - Robertos Salazar and Martinez are poised for breakout campaigns alongside veteran free agent acquisition Kelvin McDonald. Not much separates second place from 5th in this division.
3. SCO - Starting pitching will be this talented squad's Achilles heel. The Claymores will have to be aggressive at the deadline, one way or another, lest they fall into the mold of the perennial 75 win team.
4. LON - An improving core including some of the division's better young pitchers will lead the Underground to a more competitive year, but the offense is still too spotty.
5. AMA - A quiet offseason marked by a few free agent losses and no gains puts them in 5th in a tight TA race. They could potentially grab a WC with some last minute free agent adds and some savvy trades.

IL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: 3B Luis Cedeno - a bounce back campaign on an improved Harpoon squad after posting merely all-star numbers in 2029.
Golden Arm Winner: SP Enrique Vasquez - It would take a well-aimed bullet to stop this man.
Wunderkind Winner: OF Javier Drake - Unleash the Drake.

Sovereign League

Great Lakes
1. CL - Two absolute powerhouses will duke it out again. A very slight edge goes to the Gnats for two reasons: a deeper rotation and Pat Watson's medical record.
2. FAR - The team that set records in the first half of 2029 is no less talented and could easily post the best record in PEBA.
3. DUL - Employing talented veterans on solid deals and fielding a complete roster is no way to tank, Mr. McCoy. Duluth wins 85 and is a persistent thorn in the sides of SL contenders.
4. KAL - Retaining CF Jimenez and setting Megavolt loose improves the results from '29. A hot start could even make Kalamazoo buyers at the deadline.
5. CAN - A slightly underrated squad that could make a few waves in a weaker division. They'll stay the course on their rebuild.

Desert Hills
1. BAK - There is virtually no talent differential between the Bears and the Codgers at this point. It will be a bloodbath in the Hills once again.
2. PS - Ortiz, the remaining Raines, Willis, and now Clarke will lead a potent offense in a pitcher's division. Oh, they also have an excellent rotation. Woof.
3. AUR - The elite pitching talent remains a force that could will this team to 90 wins on the backs of PEBA-leading numbers of shutouts alone.
4. REN - An underrated team last year, the Zephrs have improved considerably and will place at least one dagger in the hearts of would-be contenders come September.
5. YUM - New ownership will set a drastically different tone within the organization. Yuma won't compete this year but the march begins now.

Rising Sun
1. SS - The champs lost some talent at the start of the offseason, but who can tell? The additions they've made over the last year will punish as all. Down with Cervantes!
2. NT - It is apparently possible to be both top heavy and deep on a talent level. NT is a team that's as dangerous as any and rounds out a powerful group of contenders in the SL.
3. OKA - Pitching and defense will keep the Shisa ahead of a young Toyama squad on the rise, but their offenses losses were substantial and will be felt in the win column.
4. TOY - Their minors talent will start making noise that can be heard at the PEBA level, but Toyoma will remain patient and protect their developing core.

SL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: CF Pat Watson - the most talented player in PEBA posted 9.1 WAR in only 107 games last year and is alone on his talent tier. If he can manage just 120, he's a shoe-in.
Golden Arm Winner: SP Yakamochi Suitani - I'm sure that 2032 $2M buyout is looking pretty attractive to Kevin at this point.
Wunderkind Winner: SP Roberto Cisneros - I feel like he shouldn't be eligible as an international free agent signing, but he'll have a chance to start and rack up WAR.

Postseason

FL over HAR in 4 games

FAR over NT in 4 games

HAV over FL in 5 games
KEN over WV in 5 games

SS over BAK in 7 games
CL over FAR in 5 games

IL: HAV over KEN in 6 games
SL: SS over CL in 6 games

PEC Winner
SS over HAV in 6 games
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Borealis »

Bears wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:28 pm a) KEN - The horsemen of the pseudo-South showed just how dangerous they can be last season...
b) PEC Winner
SS over HAV in 6 games
a) Bowling Green was the Confederate Capital of Kentucky, so how 'pseudo' can they be...
b) Homer pick...
:grin:
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Ghosts »

Borealis wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Bears wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:28 pm a) KEN - The horsemen of the pseudo-South showed just how dangerous they can be last season...
b) PEC Winner
SS over HAV in 6 games
a) Bowling Green was the Confederate Capital of Kentucky, so how 'pseudo' can they be...
b) Homer pick...
:grin:
A) They're in the northern half of the continental US, which is located in the northern hemisphere. It feels weird to call them part of the South. I suppose I'm a geographical stickler.
B) Homer pick? Why on Earth would I want Kevin to win at anything? I want Kevin to lose literally more than anyone else in PEBA; I'm his younger brother. I also prefer to be accurate in my predictions if possible. Those damn dEvas are in a league of their own at the moment. I'll issue a strong recommendation for other teams in the league - stop trading your Superstars to the Evas and start trading them to the Bears. :angelic-green:
Last edited by Ghosts on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Borealis »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Just call me a s**t disturber... ;-D
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#11 Post by DrewV »

Imperial League

Seaboard
1. West Virginia. No Surprise here.
2. Hartford. The Harpoon launched cash out of a T-Shirt cannon this offseason. The acquisition of Hernandez, Lewis, and Norris is enough to be a pain, even for WV.
3. Arlington. Hatsutori is a legend, but his price tag will continue to challenge the 'Crats in drawing in solid starters.
4.Manchester's build continues with some smart moves this offseason. Hollywood Hernandez will not go quietly into the night--and Manchester enjoys prime prospect real estate.

Dixie
1. Florida. Lupe Van Dam is a harbinger of doom.
2. Kentucky. Some top-notch talent is PEBA ready and it will come down to the wire vs. Florida.
3. New Orleans. The Hernandez signing was excellent and should keep them safely in the 3-spot.
4. Charleston. The new kid on the block came out swinging, but the reality of a growing franchise will set in this season.
5. San Antonio. This retooling club will bounce back. Eventually.

Trans Atlantic
1. Havana-The clear winners of the Trans-Atlantic FA Battle. Their rotation is the stuff of nightmares. Just a hands-down well-built team.
2. Scotland-Frustrating missed targets in FA will find the Claymores short of Havana. Their formidable offense, if healthy, will secure a Wildcard.
3. San Juan-A successful offseason won't be enough for the Coqui to contend for the Division, but they are on the rise.
4. Amsterdam-A lot to love about Jones, Santos and this dynamic, small-market team. A few key pitching acquisitions could threaten San Juan.
5. London-We all await the debut of Montoya. Hopefully he can be a base to build the new Underground around!

IL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: Luis Cedeno
Golden Arm Winner: Enrique Vasquez--who somehow keeps getting better.
Wunderkind Winner: Javier Drake

Sovereign League

Great Lakes
1. Crystal Lake-the new crown prince of the lakes, and probably will be for some time.
2. Fargo-Fargo's at a crossroads and could go a few directions. The decisions at deadline will be telling.
3. Duluth-Forever Medium. The self-loathing GM is existentially incapable committing to a full tank.
4. Canton-Some nice snags for Canton this offseason, and a well-managed rebuild underway
5. Kalamazoo-Huge setback for K-Zoo with Benedict Wiggins jumping ship, but their farm is still strong.

Desert Hills
1. Bakersfield-This is the fight of the season, I think--And Bakersfield's 2029 acquisitions will make the difference
2. Palm Springs-The Codgers are coming! Don't sleep on PS to battle the Bears to the bitter end and pickup a Wildcard.
3. Aurora-Still retooling and short on cash, the former juggernaut will return. Just not this year.
4. Reno-A 2nd place contender in nearly any other Division, Reno's solid (but expensive) offseason acquisitions will not be enough in the bloodthirsty Desert Hills.
5. Yuma-The giant sleeps. For now.

Rising Sun
1. Shin Seiki-The Evil Empire will blast it's way to the Division Title once again.
2. Neo-Tokyo-The addition of Kobayashi is key to an extension of the offensive powerhouse. Jeff Grier is a lizard-man from Planet Baseball.
3. Okinawa-Hard not to like the Shisa. Some solid offseason pickups, but the loss of some expensive talent will take some time to recover from.
4. Toyama-Great pickup with the Nomura trade. This club will continue to improve.

SL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: Pat Watson
Golden Arm Winner: Yakamochi "Zoom Zoom" Suitani
Wunderkind Winner: Roberto Cisneros

Postseason

Kentucky over Scotland in 5 games

Palm Springs over Fargo in 5 games

West Virginia over Kentucky in 4 games
Florida over Havana in 6 games

Crystal Lake over Palm Springs in 6 games
Shin Seiki over Bakersfield in 7 games

IL: West Virginia over Florida in 7 games
SL: Shin Seiki over Crystal Lake in 6 games

PEC Winner
West Virginia over Shin Seiki in 7 games
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Underground
Double-A
Double-A

#12 Post by Underground »

All of these predictions of London remaining as futile as last year are being printed out and put up on the wall of the London locker room.
Evan Seary
London Underground
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#13 Post by Wind Dancers »

Imperial League

Seaboard
1. West Virginia - Always one of the top teams in the IL and I just can't see them dropping off this season. Here's hoping they can actually stay healthy this year.
2. Hartford - Andy has put together a solid roster and has put a smile on this former Hartford GM's face. Some new talent with the known talent of Cedeno should make the HARvWV games fun to watch.
3. Arlington - A solid team in a rough situation. Arlington has faced financial problems since dropping off in the 2027 season. Hatsuyori is still elite and the prime driver of ticket sales but this is likely another .500ish season
4. Manchester - An obvious rebuilding team who could rake in some serious talent in the next few drafts

Dixie
1. Florida - Florida had a solid offseason and built on an already strong team. The additions of Velazquez/Zhou bolster a roster already ruled by Hitman and the wonderkid Luppe Van Dam. The "weaker" players on the roster each provide solid defense or other utility making them unfairly underrated.
2. Kentucky - One of the more volatile teams in the league, KY is packed with star power but has its obvious weak points. Listing off the potential top players on this roster sounds like an all-star team. Torres, Rodriguez, Mora, the other Rodriguez, Sanchez, Aranda, Elliot, Gonzalez, etc. If they stay healthy, they could easily fight for the top of the division, if not it could look similar to last season.
3. New Orleans - Fairly quiet in the offseason, Reg went out and got Juan Hernandez in Free Agency which should be a boost defensively and offensively. They may lack a bit of star power, but they are solid players everywhere.
4. Charleston - One of the bigger surprises last season, Charleston was more competitive than expected and will look to carry that over into the new season. Maybe the sophomore season will be tougher?
5. San Antonio - SA went out and snagged veteran Gilbert Murray in the offseason but unfortunately lost him for 3 months with a torn back muscle. They have a lot of flexible pieces and will be biding their time for some of their better prospects to improve.

Trans Atlantic
1. Havana - This strong roster has been relatively untouched during the offseason and the additions of Romano, Davila, and Cordova improve and already proven staff. Vazquez continues to put up inhuman numbers while Hernandez, Mateo and the hitting core score runs AND dominate defensively. Competition has increased but Havana has improved with it.
2. San Juan - The Coqui made moves this offseason and brought in some solid talent. Fudd, Keller, Diaz, and McDonald will all have a big impact and could be what San Juan needed to challenge for playoffs.
3. Scottish - The Claymores have made the leap that past 2 seasons into a legitimate top team, and then they got the bill in the mail. They've now reduced their payroll a bit while still fielding a very competitive roster led by Honma, Barry, Powell, Escobido, and others. I think this is one of the closest divisions and one of the toughest to predict.
4. London - London has spent the past season and offseason bringing in some solid talent. Aguilera and Gorman can both be impactful players this season and are still relatively young. Despite recent injuries, David Tucker can be very tough to beat while Antonia Garcia brings the power. A young, but exciting roster.
5. Another quiet team in the offseason, Amsterdam did snag a solid pitcher in Eijiro Nakagawa but has been spending his time developing. That being said, every IL team is hoping emerging star Antonio Santos won't ruin their day with a belter into the parking lot (definitely not still salty about losing him in Rule 5 because of a blind scout...)

IL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: LF Danny Burton, FLA
Golden Arm Winner: SP Enrique Vazquez, HAV
Wunderkind Winner: R Javier Drake, WV

Sovereign League

Great Lakes
1. Crystal Lake - Not enough has changed on this roster to see them drop off much and they are so well-rounded it's hard to point out a weakness. Tony Parker is still a monster as is Carpenter and at least 4 top-level starters headline this team. They will be tough to displace.
2. Fargo - Team Pat Watson "fell off" after their PEBA winning season but they are still a fearsome team when healthy. If you took the top handful of players from each team, Fargo's would be one of if not THE best. Watson, Molina, Lopez, and now Dwyer are all game-changers. The question is can the stars do enough to carry some of the role players to glory.
3. Duluth - After the financial implosion of 2028, Duluth has done very well not to fall to the bottom of the barrel. Not only that, they have continued to improve with a mix of veterans and prospects. Eyes are on Orlando Trujillo this season to break out into the Ace he CAN be.
4. Canton - Opponent number 1 in the Great Lakes Rebuild War, Canton appropriately blew up the team and will be heading into the season with some younger guys, international talent, and Rule 5 picks. New signing Manuel Lopez could be a decent pickup but Canton will be spending their time developing.
5. Kalamazoo - Rebuild War opponent #2, Kalamazoo is much further along and has a TON of talent in the minors. But in the meantime, they will rebuild while watching Jimenez and Woods play well. The one question everyone is asking though, is it time for Megavolt?

Desert Hills
1. Palm Springs - Local PEBA elder Denny was last seen yelling at high school draftees to get off of his team, leading to the creation of an entirely new level of baseball. If Denny can work his magic with the people of PEBA, then he can certainly step up and take this division. PS has been taking his time behind Aurora and a rotation of other teams for much of their existence. But the stars have finally aligned and it's time for the Codgers to claim their throne. Ortiz, Raines, Willis will lead the way but a few offseason signings in Lopez and Clarke will also make an impact.
2. Bakersfield - As of writing this, Neil Maes has not returned to Bakersfield changing the landscape of the division. That being said, Bakersfield is very much fine without him. A very strong (and young) pitching core with big bats to carry the team. They are in one of the toughest divisions in the PEBA which if often a fight at the top
3. Aurora - The fall of the Borealis has been a surprise to many, starting with the injury to Provost and leading to their first time missing playoffs since 2020. While it's true they dropped off, this is still a very dangerous team with an ELITE pitching staff. If Aurora can rally the bats, they are not to be underestimated.
4. Reno - Reno has been talking about their impatience with losing and that they wanted to become a winning team for a few seasons now. And this season, they threw the cash on the table and made moves. Lambert, Fuentes, and the return of Valdez show that the boys in blue are ready to make waves. Reno could catch an unsuspecting Aurora sooner rather than later.
5. Yuma - The low budget Bulldozers may not have the best team, but they are at the forefront when it comes to water. Sure star players and trophies are great, but do you know what's fueling all of those championships and the 7.7 billion people on earth? Yep.

Rising Sun
1. [Redacted] - Drawing attention to criminals will just encourage other criminals
2. Neo-Tokyo - This team is mostly the same as last season, with one or two changes. Grier is still the monster everyone knows and Martinez right alongside him. They don't have the firepower to upset the [Redacted], but they are a sure thing for #2.
3. Okinawa has, similarly remained at a similar level but has been blasted with injuries in Spring. They have some great players here and there but aren't as strong of an all-around team as Neo-Tokyo
4. Toyama - The perennial mistake returns looking similar to last season as it waits for its prospect that will likely first ben making an appearance next year. This team has improved, but not enough to really challenge anything. They have evolved from eating the sand in the sandbox to picking up the sand and throwing it. Unfortunately, they throw into the wind which just throws the sand backs into their own face while the other kids play baseball.

SL Awards Winners
Royal Raker Winner: RF Tomas Martinez, NT
Golden Arm Winner: SP Yakamochi Suitani, SS
Wunderkind Winner: RF Juan Carlos Ornelza, KAL

Postseason

Kentucky over San Juan in 4 games

Fargo over Neo-Tokyo in 5 games

West Virginia over Kentucky in 6 games
Havana over Florida in 6 games

Shin Seiki over Fargo in 6 games
Crystal Lake over Palm Springs in 5 games

IL: Havana over West Virginia in 7 games
SL: Crystal Lake over Shin Seiki in 6 games

PEC Winner
Crystal Lake over Havana in 6 games
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Arroyos »

I have seen the best minds of my generation—well, the best in Yuma—employed by corporations, staring hysterical after three shots of espresso, who then divined the final standings of the 2030 season. I watched, I noted, and here is what the best minds devised:

Imperial League

1.Amsterdam
2. San Juan
3. Scottish
4. Havana

(Only 4 teams will finish the beleaguered Trans-Atlantic season. Devastating hurricanes ravage the Caribbean, nearly forcing Havana and San Juan to close up shop. Amsterdam is flooded by rising tides, while London's downtown business and government district is tossed about like Legos by a series of Thames floods, forcing British Parliament to cancel all events, prohibit residents to leave their homes, and remove the government inland to Oxford. The famous London Underground subway system is destroyed by water, and the aboveground baseball team named the Underground go bankrupt.)

1. San Antonio
2. Charleston
3. Florida
4. Kentucky
5. New Orleans

(The Calzones struggle early in the season but the moment Gilbert Murray joins the club, they become the toughest team to beat in the PEBAverse. Kentucky's roster of all-stars simultaneously suffer through their worst professional season. The club is lucky to stay out of the basement, but of course that honor falls to New Orleans, which--in a year without a single hurricane or threat of flood--neither the fans nor the players can generate much enthusiasm about winning. So they don't, challenging perennial bottom feeders from Yuma for the worst record in the PEBA.)

1. Manchester
2. Arlington
3. West Virginia
4. Hartford

(When the London Underground season is cancelled, the players rush right up the M40 to Manchester and volunteer their services. The three American ball clubs cry "Foul" and file lawsuit in federal court, but the court refuses to hear the case since neither Manchester nor London are in their jurisdiction.)

Sovereign League

1. Canton
2. K'zoo
3. Fargo
4. Duluth
5. Crystal Lake

(Crazy, topsy-turvy time in the Great Lakes! Not only does perennial contender Crystal Lake fall to the bottom of the lake, but Canton floats up to the top! Crystal Lake's boat is sunk early on in the season when half their starting lineup comes down with a new strain of measles. Canton and K'zoo's young players blossom sooner than anyone expected and they battle to the finish for bragging rights.)

1-3 tie: Neo-Tokyo, Okinawa, Toyama
4. Shin Seiki

(The rising sun doesn't rise for about three months on the islands of the western Pacific. Scientists speculate that residual fallout from the Fukushima disaster lingered in the outer atmosphere until it coagulated enough to begin to fall back to earth, shrouding the entire western coast of the Pacific, from the Kamchatka Penninsula to Vietnam in a dense and nearly lethal fog. The Japanese cities of Tokyo and Toyama pooled resources and transported most of their residents to Okinawa, where the fog was less obfuscatory. The ball clubs representing those cities shared facilities and strategies and conspired to overthrow the evil Evas.)

1. Reno
2. Aurora
3. Yuma

(The state of California falls into the ocean. The long-feared seismic event arrives, ripping down the baseline of the Sierras from Shasta in the north to Tehachapi in the south, leaving Reno and Yuma a few miles from the new coastline. Palm Springs is drowned in several hundred feet of ocean, while Bakersfield is buried under more than a thousand feet of mountain moraine poured down by the collapse of the southern end of the Sierras. Largely unaffected by the California collapse, Reno and Aurora battle it out for first in the division, but Yuma--not to be left out of the fun--starts sending toxic Colorado River Water to Aurora. The Borealis club is crippled by fierce diarrhea and lose several crucial games to Reno at the end of the season.)

Postseason

In the face of such disasters, the PEBA Commissioner cancels the playoffs. The league morns its losses and promises to rebuild, reassemble, and replay the entire season next year.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Vic
Triple-A
Triple-A

#15 Post by Vic »

This is horrifying, Bob. No, not the climate-related apocalypse, but the image of the entire Aurora roster coming down with dysentery. It's enough to make a guy start hoarding Kaopectate ...
Vic Caleca
Scottish Claymores

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”