Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2030, Season 24

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2030, Season 24

#61 Post by Borealis »

Borealis wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:19 pm Not So Neat, Not So Neat, Not So Neat - that was Dave Parkinson's first start for Aurora in their attempts to fill the vacant spots left by injuries to John Turner (for the season) and 'Tugboat' (another 2 weeks). Single, Single, Walk to the first three Fargo hitters - then after managing to get the next two batters out, it was a 2-run single and Fargo was off and running. Parkinson's fine line was: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 6 R, BB and no K - his shortest outing, most runs (both tied) and only strikeout-less outing on the season. Let's see if he does any better with his next start, against the hot Warriors and Steve "Steve 'Steve Hott' Hott" Hott... Neat? Not...
Well, the Borealis didn't help Parkinson out in his start against Duluth, a 3-2 loss, but 6.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R ain't shabby - and then against the Evil Evas he went 7 innings and allowed 3 hits and a single run, striking out 9 - Now that's much Neater!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#62 Post by Zephyrs »

It has been 10 seasons since the Zephyrs have played meaningful games during the last month of the season. During this stretch, We finished the season an average 35 games in back of the leader. We now sit 8 games back of the division and 4 games out of the Wild Card with 13 games left to play. It has a playoff feel for me. I am looking ahead and trying to match up Starting Pitchers, thinking about off days for position players, every game is extremely meaningful. It is a wonderful experience!
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#63 Post by Borealis »

I fear Steve Boyer in the upcoming critical 7 games we have with the Zephyrs...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#64 Post by Zephyrs »

And the single season HR record is tied with 7 games left.
Joined September 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Borealis »

Zephyrs wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 pm And the single season HR record is tied with 7 games left.
You've four more games with Aurora - it's already shattered before you even play...
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#66 Post by Zephyrs »

Very disappointing end for the Zephyrs. Glad to see Boyer got 1 more for the record.

BTW, I love the line "If chicks dig the long-ball they are loving Steve Boyer right now!"
Joined September 2010
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#67 Post by Denny »

Nervous about Palm Springs' chances against Shin Seiki in the divisional round, but all we can do is roll out our best guys.

The one real question mark for us is whether Mike Clarke, literally JUST off the DL a day or two ago after being out for six weeks with a broken hand, will be rusty at all after his long layoff, or be his old top-flight-hitting self. Fingers crossed for that second option :grin:
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#68 Post by Borealis »

Codgers wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:52 pm Nervous about Palm Springs' chances against Shin Seiki in the divisional round, but all we can do is roll out our best guys.

The one real question mark for us is whether Mike Clarke, literally JUST off the DL a day or two ago after being out for six weeks with a broken hand, will be rusty at all after his long layoff, or be his old top-flight-hitting self. Fingers crossed for that second option :grin:
I think the Codgers stand a real chance if they keep swinging the bat like they did in September - man...
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by Leones »

I see Havana's 'Paper Tiger' is back wearing Enrique Vázquez' uniform this postseason. That act is wearing thin. :-P He's got one foot on the trading block at this point; probably the only thing saving his tail is that his contract is pretty soft on the budget.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

DrewV
Triple-A
Triple-A

#70 Post by DrewV »

Well, it's been a great season out of game, and a tough one outside of it.

Moving from Korea to Virginia just in time to get caught up in the Army-COVID mess was exhausting.

However, I'm happy with Duluth this season. Revenue is up 11% (We're actually losing $3 Mil due to the cap, since my predictions were a little lower) and both team morale & Fan Interest is through the roof. There have been some great performances in the farm, and there's some tangible sense that the franchise is healing from the Great Collapse of '28.

Losing Wiggins was tough, but Dewitt Barry proved my scout right. It was a commendable slugging year for the team, but we once again failed to produce RBIs at a competitive level. Our staff really under-performed across the board--and the lack of a solid 5th man is killing us.

All in all, an acceptable year.
Drew Visscher (GM Ricky McCoy) | Duluth Warriors
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by Borealis »

Aside from the obvious Neat of the past sim, I wanted to point out game 1 of the Evil Evas - Codgers series, where Castillo held the Codgers to 2 hits - and it took a pair of solo homers from Bruce McGuire (leading off the game and with 2-out in the 9th) to give the Evas a 2-1 win... I went back and looked at Castillo - who was a Contraction Draft pick from NJ, 22nd, and 4 picks before Aurora took Edgardo 'Terror' Diaz (now with San Juan)... FYI...
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#72 Post by Alleghenies »

Warriors wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 am Well, it's been a great season out of game, and a tough one outside of it.

Moving from Korea to Virginia just in time to get caught up in the Army-COVID mess was exhausting.

However, I'm happy with Duluth this season. Revenue is up 11% (We're actually losing $3 Mil due to the cap, since my predictions were a little lower) and both team morale & Fan Interest is through the roof. There have been some great performances in the farm, and there's some tangible sense that the franchise is healing from the Great Collapse of '28.

Losing Wiggins was tough, but Dewitt Barry proved my scout right. It was a commendable slugging year for the team, but we once again failed to produce RBIs at a competitive level. Our staff really under-performed across the board--and the lack of a solid 5th man is killing us.

All in all, an acceptable year.
For what your expectations were at the beginning of the year, your team did awesome.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#73 Post by Alleghenies »

Interesting race between Boyer and Willis. Wonder which one will win the award this year.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#74 Post by Sandgnats »

Alleghenies wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:56 pm Interesting race between Boyer and Willis. Wonder which one will win the award this year.
I think without the record setting, Willis would have taken it easily. The HR record seems to have influenced a lot of votes.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by Borealis »

Sandgnats wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 pm
Alleghenies wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:56 pm Interesting race between Boyer and Willis. Wonder which one will win the award this year.
I think without the record setting, Willis would have taken it easily. The HR record seems to have influenced a lot of votes.
Yup - ask Mickey Mantle about that...

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”