Upcoming Website Transfer and Downtime

Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Upcoming Website Transfer and Downtime

#1 Post by Wind Dancers »

That day has finally come to move away from our expensive & poorly hosted server and move to something that will take much less effort to maintain on the backend. The web properties have been in dire need of an update for a while now, and moving servers was the best time to do that.

So what's changing?

1. The Website. Our current website theme stopped receiving updates in 2012 and has been a hindrance to updating other aspects. So I redesigned a similar website using a newer and better theme. It may take a bit to get used to the new feel, but it still shares all of our old info and the same technical steps to posting articles. The new website has all of our normal logins so it should be a seamless move. You can see a screenshot of the design here: https://i.gyazo.com/bfbfbcaaaa2400ce1f8 ... b99db1.png

2. The Forums (kind of). With our new server comes an updated version of PHP, something which our old outdated forum style cannot use. So I have found a similar forum style that is actually a fan-made remake of the old version that resembles our forum. So there may be some small differences, but it should all still be what we are used to.

3. FTP info. A new server means new connections. The information we use to upload files, export, upload reports, etc will be changing. So before we can jump back in-game, I will send around a new accounts.data file which contains the new FTP info.

What should I prepare for?

Downtime. Beginning on Saturday, October 19th, I will be transferring the forum and domain over to our new server. Once I begin that process, there will be downtime for both the website and forum until I relaunch. Please avoid posting anything on Saturday if you happen to see the forums up, I may still be working and it could get removed in the transfer.

StatsLab has already been mostly set up thanks to Frank, the forums and domain will happen Saturday morning, and if everything goes smoothly I will have file uploads working sometime Saturday so that I can relaunch later in the day. If I run into any problems, the transfer may leak into Sunday.

Thanks for your patience and hopefully it will be an easy transfer to the new server.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Upcoming Website Transfer and Downtime

#2 Post by Borealis »

Thanks Dylan for all your efforts in making this happen!!

I do want to reiterate - after tomorrow's sim, DO NOT EXPORT until we get everything in order - just to be on the safe side. I don't want someones one and only export to get lost in the flow, while they think they've taken care of business. We will announce when it's safe to export again.

Thanks!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Lions »

Wind Dancers wrote:StatsLab has already been mostly set up thanks to Frank, the forums and domain will happen Saturday morning, and if everything goes smoothly I will have file uploads working sometime Saturday so that I can relaunch later in the day. If I run into any problems, the transfer may leak into Sunday.
Your current StatsLab password should continue to work. If you run into issues with it, please let me know.

I'll be transferring the awards voting results over after the website migration. I've already tested this, so some of the votes are in there now, but anyone who has voted since then may not see their votes. No need to revote. If you've changed your vote, the changes will be imported, too.

The Trade Block integration with the new forum and Slack will have be reconfigured after the new site is up, so expect a delay on that.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Leones »

Hi Frank,

I've found that my statslab login is not working. Could I get a reset? Thanks!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Lions »

Leones wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm Hi Frank,

I've found that my statslab login is not working. Could I get a reset? Thanks!
Done
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Leones »

Back in action! Thanks Frank!
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega