All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 am 
Offline
Double-A
Double-A
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 258
Aurora Receives
West Virginia's 2nd round pick (from Wind Dancers)

Duluth Receives
P Alberto López (International Complex)
$3,000,000


This was a long trade talk over multiple players, wound up being much simpler than we thought; -D. Mike thank you for the ongoing talks and look forward to seeing how this turns out for us.

_________________
Mark Kierstead II
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: San Francisco
Warriors wrote:
Aurora Receives
West Virginia's 2nd round pick (from Wind Dancers)

Duluth Receives
P Alberto López (International Complex)
$3,000,000


This was a long trade talk over multiple players, wound up being much simpler than we thought; -D. Mike thank you for the ongoing talks and look forward to seeing how this turns out for us.

Aurora confirms...

Always great working with you Mark!! I hope by the time Lopez is old enough to be PEBA ready I remember he was ours once...

_________________
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Image
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: San Francisco
OK... now that I am awake and coffee'd...

Definitely happy to get the 2nd rounder as a 'replacement' for the 5th we gave up to the 'Gnats - that'll help the rebuild under the hood, so to speak. Our meandering discussions with Duluth could have involved much more - and I hope there's more to be had with Mark - that's always fun! I think the stumbling block was that we both have identical goals - bringing the Rodriguez come home in 2027.

Good Luck Mark!

_________________
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Image
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
Double-A
Double-A
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 258
Thank,

Yes we have more to discuss. l am happy with this trade as l am trying to pile up young pitchers

_________________
Mark Kierstead II
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 pm
Posts: 891
Processed.

Remember to promote your players from the IC when agreeing to a trade.

_________________
Morris Ragland
Commissioner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:05 pm 
Offline
Double-A
Double-A
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:46 am
Posts: 258
Will do thank you, I even forgot about that.

_________________
Mark Kierstead II
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: San Francisco
Commish wrote:
Processed.

Remember to promote your players from the IC when agreeing to a trade.

Are we supposed to do that? I didn’t realize that was needed...

_________________
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Image
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 pm
Posts: 891
Borealis wrote:
Commish wrote:
Processed.

Remember to promote your players from the IC when agreeing to a trade.

Are we supposed to do that? I didn’t realize that was needed...

Technically, a player in your IC can't be traded. So when these trades happen somebody has to go in and first promote that player to the minors. I'd just prefer if that somebody weren't me.

_________________
Morris Ragland
Commissioner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 pm
Posts: 5958
Location: San Francisco
Commish wrote:
Borealis wrote:
Commish wrote:
Processed.

Remember to promote your players from the IC when agreeing to a trade.

Are we supposed to do that? I didn’t realize that was needed...

Technically, a player in your IC can't be traded. So when these trades happen somebody has to go in and first promote that player to the minors. I'd just prefer if that somebody weren't me.

AH HA!!! I see - I didn't realize that was a no-no... I've seen IC guys traded in the past and never thought twice about it. Mental Note take - sorry Morris!

_________________
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Image
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 pm 
Offline
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:54 pm
Posts: 891
There's no rule against it. The gamed just doesn't let you do it.

_________________
Morris Ragland
Commissioner


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group