Sim Update: 2008 Edition

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#466 Post by John »

The new file and picture pack are up. And the long wait is over. Spring has arrived, and games are right around the corner. Of course the arrival of Spring means injuries are right around the corner as well... ST is notorious for a high number of these. Be smart: Rotate your key players in and out of games to give them some exposure without placing them at high risk for getting hurt.

Also, the USCBA started their season this sim. It would be a wise idea to take a peek at how players are performing over there, since some of these players will be filling the pool for our upcoming amateur draft. The IF begins its season next sim.

And with that gentlemen, I'm off to catch up on the World Series. Nobody tell me what's happened yet! :-o
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#467 Post by Tyler »

Kiyomizu needs to fire his agent. Like, seriously. :P
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#468 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:Kiyomizu needs to fire his agent. Like, seriously. :P
My negotiating team hammered the point that he dropped .133 OPS and 30.1 VORP from '07 to '08. :D
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#469 Post by Tyler »

I just waived and DFA'd a guy and he was DFA'd for 21 days and waived for 11. Is this right? :?
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#470 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:I just waived and DFA'd a guy and he was DFA'd for 21 days and waived for 11. Is this right? :?
Yup, that's correct. Our next two sims will each be 10 days in length. Waivers last for the duration of one sim + 1 day. DFA lasts for the duration of two sims + 1 day.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#471 Post by John »

Gentlemen, we have box scores! And we probably have injuries too, but that's a whole other matter. One way or another, spring has officially arrived. A new league file will be coming out soon, followed shortly thereafter by a rather larger picture pack update (lots of promotions = lots of new pictures).

I'm not including the "names.dat" or "retired.dat" files with tonight's export. They're not supposed to be necessary and take up a couple MB of space. When I've omitted these files in the past, invariably someone has had a problem. This usually happens when an owner is downloading the league file directly from the website instead of importing from within the game. If you have trouble accessing the league after getting tonight's file, make sure you've imported from within the game. If you're still having trouble, PM me and I'll mail you the missing .dat files.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#472 Post by Tyler »

Drool. :-L
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#473 Post by John »

The new league file is ready to go! You should also be able to get your first taste of one of OOTP 9's coolest new features: game replays. To access this feature, go to the PEBA --> Scores & Schedule menu option in-game. Browse to the day and game you want to review. Notice that each game has a "Watch Replay" link. Click on that and you can view how the game played out in its entirety. You can even click the "Hide Scores" checkbox at the top of the Scores & Schedule screen if you'd like to maintain the suspense!

I'm aware that there's no background to the replays at the moment... let me look into that and hopefully I'll have a fix soon.

EDIT: The new picture pack is ready for download.
Last edited by John on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#474 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:And we probably have injuries too, but that's a whole other matter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm very happy with the results. But they're kinda grim. :-o
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#475 Post by John »

It looks like a number of people are indeed having glitches that seem to be related to the exclusion of the two .dat files I mentioned earlier. I've posted them on the server for you to download:

names.dat
retired.dat

Download these only if you're having trouble (i.e. strange players on your roster, broken links when clicking on players, etc.).

Additionally, I believe I have the solution to the backgrounds problem for game replays. Go to the Important Software page linked from the homepage and download the PEBA Ballpark Photos pack. Extract the files to your "...\OOTP Baseball 9\data\ballparks" directory. You'll now have ballpark photos for all replays!
Last edited by John on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#476 Post by Hitmen »

Coal Sox wrote:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:And we probably have injuries too, but that's a whole other matter.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm very happy with the results. But they're kinda grim. :-o
I'm not happy with the results. Of course, since the roster is all screwed up, I don't even know what I'm looking at, but increased injuries absolutely suck.
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#477 Post by Reg »

where should we put the two .dat files?
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#478 Post by John »

They go in your "PEBA.lg" directory. But give me a moment... I'm prepping a new league file now with the two files included.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#479 Post by Matt »

i am getting the link to names.dat for both links
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#480 Post by John »

Calzones wrote:i am getting the link to names.dat for both links
Fixed. New file will be up in a minute.

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”