Sim Update: 2008 Edition

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#451 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:Just looked at your OOTP forum post, commish. What kind of monitor do you have? :shock:
Dell 2005FPW LCD.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#452 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Coal Sox wrote:CL, the million-dollar question: did your fan interest change? If not, this may very well be OOTP9 fixing a flaw in OOTP7/8 which resulted in too many popular players.
Sorry, I have the flu and had to get some sleep and was unable to answer your question. Our FI is over 100, so I don't know if it went down or not. Only the commish can see the exact number and answer that one.

Hopefully another team can take a look at their team and answer this question for us. :D

I'm sure John's is above 100 as well, so we need another team's input. Tyler, how about you? Did your fan interest level change?
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#453 Post by Tyler »

My fan interest has been 88 for at least the past two months, so there was no change.
Tyler Babcock (West Virginia Coal Sox/Alleghenies, 2007-2019)
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Riley to Suárez to Harmon...
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#454 Post by Duane »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Scouts' ratings reports show up very differently in OOTP 9 vs. OOTP 8. It's going to be an adjustment for everyone. Just wait until you get your first look at the amateur draft pool... I know I'll be receiving a flood of complaints that, "Everyone sucks!" Thing is, no one has become more sucky. This is an artifact of OOTP 9's new scouting system, where accuracy is influenced by scouting budget, your scouts ratings and personal leanings, and much more. It's going to force owners to place a greater emphasis on a player's performance rather than his numerical ratings. Just know that a player that was promising in OOTP 8 hasn't suddenly become a bum in OOTP 9 even if his ratings look a lot uglier.
So the persuit of Yuan in 8, where he had high ratings, is not in vain now that 9 is showing him as sucky??? His real potential is not changed and assuredly his ratings in 9 will increase ... should this be my take on the explanation???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#455 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:So the persuit of Yuan in 8, where he had high ratings, is not in vain now that 9 is showing him as sucky??? His real potential is not changed and assuredly his ratings in 9 will increase ... should this be my take on the explanation???
That should absolutely be your take. Make no mistake about it: "true" potential hasn't changed one bit from version 8 to version 9. The issue is simply how scouts are reporting their opinions. I'm still hoping I can isolate why that's happening so differently in OOTP 9.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#456 Post by Matt »

there is a setting in game setup for scouts accuracy. Maybe that could be looked at?
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#457 Post by Tyler »

@ Calzones:
Borealis - Commissioner wrote:
Coal Sox wrote:There is a master setting for the universal accuracy of scouts. It ranges 1-5 (from least to most accurate) and defaults at 3. This is a new feature of OOTP9. Perhaps ours didn't default to 3?
That's not it: Accuracy is set to average. Thanks for mentioning that, though: I'll update my OOTP forum post with that information.
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

Matt
VIP
VIP

#458 Post by Matt »

sorry. 3000 miles in 4 days has my brain too fried to read the entire thread....

off to bed
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#459 Post by Tyler »

Does spring training really start Friday? Paradise. :grin:
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#460 Post by John »

Coal Sox wrote:Does spring training really start Friday? Paradise. :grin:
Can't you tell? Isn't your fancy preparing to turn to love? ;)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#461 Post by John »

New file coming in just a bit.
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#462 Post by Tyler »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote:Can't you tell? Isn't your fancy preparing to turn to love? ;)
PEBA's schedule has my internal hopeless romantic seasonal rhythm all messed up. :lol:
IL Wildcard 2011, 2017

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#463 Post by John »

The new file and picture pack are both ready to go.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#464 Post by John »

My apologies: Last night I posted that we would advance to March 6 on Wednesday night, one day short of the start of Spring Training. Our original schedule called for us to advance to March 7, the very start of Spring Training.

As it turns out, we will in fact stick to the original schedule and advance to March 7. This is because rosters won't expand until that day is reached, and rosters need to have expanded by the time Friday night's sim arrives so that owners can prep for Spring Training.

What this means is that scouting budgets MUST be set by Wednesday night! Please don't forget to attend to this! Once Wednesday night's sim has passed, you will not be able to adjust your scouting budget again until the 2010 preseason. Now is the time to take action on this!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#465 Post by John »

A new file is on the way, and Spring Training is right around the corner! Friday's sim is a big one. Don't forget to get everyone you'd like to take a look at promoted to your ML roster, and don't forget to set your lineup, rotation and depth chart. Fresh new box scores are almost upon us!

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”