Sim Update: 2008 Edition

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sim Update: 2008 Edition

#1 Post by John »

This thread will be updated whenever a new file is being uploaded.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

Tonight's update is ready to go, along with a new player picture pack. Winter Ball improvements will be reflected in this update. I'm confident every owner will be pleased with the results (and remember: it's the results that matter, not the ratings!).

If you are pleased, remember to thank Brad and Paul. The League Presidents really went to bat for the owners. Their advocacy was the driving force behind the increased WB improvements your players will realize. We're lucky to have a pair of LPs that look out for the owners as well as Paul and Brad do! :D
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Coqui »

Borealis - Commissioner wrote: We're lucky to have a pair of LPs that look out for the owners as well as Paul and Brad do! :D
Aw... :oops:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Duane »

when will we receive our CP money???
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Reg »

you already did, it was put in either after the winter meetings or during the next sim, can't really remeber...but if you look at your front office page you will notice that your balance is 1, 100,000 less then your preceding years balance...which would be the million for cp awards and just guessing...100,000 for drafted rule five players....

the numbers don't actually show up on the screen, just in the bottome line
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Tyler »

Isn't there a sim tonight?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Tonight's update is ready to go. There will be no picture pack update tonight.

While this will seem like another boring off-season sim on the surface, major structural changes have been made this sim throughout the entire PEBA universe. The most visible will be the addition of the new SS-A league. This league is just a SKELETON at the moment! Do not be alarmed by the fact that your team doesn't have the proper colors, ballpark name, etc. Everything will be organized by the time we start play.

When the league was created, personnel were automatically hired for all teams. For most teams this means about $550-600k in staff payroll has been added to your books. This was expected behavior and completely unavoidable. I'm confident everyone will be able to handle this just fine.

Our SS-A league's rosters are set to 35. NAFTA (Hi-A) rosters remain at 50 for the moment; however, NAFTA rosters will be reduced to 25 during our Monday, May 26 sim! Now would be a good time to begin moving players so that your under the roster limits for the start of the season. You have two weeks to accomplish this.

Aside from SS-A, schedules have been altered universe-wide. I'll have more details about these changes in a mailing tomorrow. For tonight, I'm out of here folks. Have a good one, and remember... just two more sims before Spring Training! 8)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Tonight's update is ready to go! No picture pack, and probably won't be one until we start the regular season. Enjoy folks!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#9 Post by John »

NOTICE: We may have an issue with tonight's file. Please hold off on making any major moves. I will be examining the situation and seeing if a re-upload is necessary.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by John »

An updated league file has been sent out @ 11:40 PM ET on Wednesday, May 14

You MUST import this new file to be in synch!!!

Please let me know if any problems exist with your minor league players.
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Duane »

Care to elaborate on what went wrong? I did not see any issues on the Kentucky side of things
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Reg »

yeah, random players showed up, who had not existed before in my HI-A and SSA rosters, when clicking on them they brought up a different player than what thier name said, and I could not release them...

so check your rosters for any wierd names....

PT
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#13 Post by John »

The problem was caused by the omission of a (usually unnecessary) file. It must have become an issue because of the recent introduction of the SS-A level. The 2nd update had the file and apparently fixed the problem, but as Paul said check your lower minors rosters for any "broken" players.
Matt
VIP
VIP

#14 Post by Matt »

I just trade my broken players to New Orleans.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#15 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Was there something that went wrong last night with the 2nd file?

I haven't looked in a few sims(it could just be me), but there were a bunch of expensive and talented free agent Catchers out there and they've all disappeared! :-o

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”