Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Neat Stuff, Post-Sim Thread: 2026, Season 20

#61 Post by John »

Codgers wrote:
Bears wrote:Speaking of our predictions... is there a thread for that?
I was wondering this too! I have a better chance of winning that than I do the Rodriguez Cup, that's for sure...
Zing!

I, too, am hoping for a predictions thread. Paging Frank! ;)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by Reg »

When I get home from work, i will calculate the winner of the 2025 prediction contest! ;-D
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#63 Post by Alleghenies »

Pretty happy I signed José Castillo. Good depth at SP now for cheap. Pretty happy with how the sim played out, just need to find my hitting...

My catchers went 1-25 with no walks...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#64 Post by Sandgnats »

rough start for the Gnats, two series losses on the road. Will be happy to get the boys home for one of the only two home series this month. Lost RF Merlin Ricks for 5-6 weeks with elbow inflammation. Pitching is hanging in there, but the bats slow starting like usual.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#65 Post by Ghosts »

C'mon you gotta take Aurora out for me. If you lost that series to the Siths and I was at the Evas, I'm probably 4 back already.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#66 Post by Alleghenies »

Bears wrote:C'mon you gotta take Aurora out for me. If you lost that series to the Siths and I was at the Evas, I'm probably 4 back already.
His magic # is 154...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
kiersteadmo
Double-A
Double-A

#67 Post by kiersteadmo »

I was in on Castillo also, I had offered out three 1 years to the top 3 pitchers got one.

I need my bats to catch up.

Weird though as my number 3 starter P Arinori Mochizuki did not start a game and had 1.1 inning pitched over 3 games.. I know I had 7 day lineups set.

2B Harley Schneider is very hard on himself, he is very upset with his performance... Dude has done great all spring and started off really well.
Mark Kierstead II
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#68 Post by MikeB »

Uncharacteristic bad defense all week for my guys (9 errors) after being #1 last year. Ninth inning error cost one game. Still not a bad start. Odd to face four Havana lefties to start the season though.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#69 Post by Reg »

Good start to the season, especially our starting pitching (compared to previous seasons). John Turner put in two solid starts, and even our knuckleballer Angel Ramos, who was added to the starting rotation at the last minute as the team's #5, threw seven shutout innings vs Amsterdam.

Nothing wrong with a 4-3 record to start the year. Looking around the league, it looks like it will be a VERY close, competitive season across the board!

PLAY BALL 8)
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Duane »

Warriors wrote:I was in on Castillo also, I had offered out three 1 years to the top 3 pitchers got one.

I need my bats to catch up.

Weird though as my number 3 starter P Arinori Mochizuki did not start a game and had 1.1 inning pitched over 3 games.. I know I had 7 day lineups set.

2B Harley Schneider is very hard on himself, he is very upset with his performance... Dude has done great all spring and started off really well.
Harley did that at every level of the farm
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#71 Post by Sandgnats »

Bears wrote:C'mon you gotta take Aurora out for me. If you lost that series to the Siths and I was at the Evas, I'm probably 4 back already.
I had to bench my best hitter this simulation and lost my second best half way through. I guess that's how it goes.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by Ghosts »

Alleghenies wrote: My catchers went 1-25 with no walks...
Sounds like I don't actually have the worst catchers in the PEBA through 1 week, you do.

C Steve McDonald is 0 for 21 but he has drawn 3 walks.
C and sometimes DH vs LHP Rusty Butler is 1 for 15 with no walks but managed to lean into a pitch.

The Bears are hitting .171 and they got to play 3 in Shin Seki. Good thing the defense & pitching are carrying us again.... #2 in defensive efficiency, #1 in fewest hits allowed, and #1 in fewest homers allowed... 4-3 through a week.

Some fun highlights...
Neil Maes who heard a lot of overpaid chants threw 7.2 shutout in Shin Seki to pick up a 2-0 win.
Lefty knuckleballer Seon-chin Pak also fooled the Evas throwing 6.1 allowing 1 at Shin Seki en route to a 3-1 win.
All-star Declan Littleworth threw 7 shutout innings in a 3-0 home win over the Codgers.
Our big 3 SP prospects in AAA (Watson, Womack, Harris) combined for 19.1 IP, 1 Run, 21 K's, 4 BB's and 13 Hits Allowed.
No major injuries
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#73 Post by Alleghenies »

Bears wrote:
Sounds like I don't actually have the worst catchers in the PEBA through 1 week, you do.
I might, but mine combined are still almost 3 million a year less than yours :-)
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#74 Post by Borealis »

Bears wrote:

C Steve McDonald is 0 for 21 but he has drawn 3 walks.
C and sometimes DH vs LHP Rusty Butler is 1 for 15 with no walks but managed to lean into a pitch.
Meanwhile Padawan Sith 'Fido' and Padawan Sith Domingo are a combined 10-30... Neat!!

Of course a 6-1 start to the year - beginning with a 3-1 series win over the pesty 'Gnats is particularly Neat... Let's start with the Provost-'Tugboat' pairing: 3-0, 25.2 IP, 4 ER, 27K and a single walk (Smith's) - combined... Clark Snow, in his Aurora debut threw 7-shutout innings... Carlos Rivera, on the other hand, picked up where he left off in 2026 - a 2-homer outing in the lone lose on the week... The bullpen gave up 2-runs, total... All Neat... Not So Neat, Pedro Vega, picked up from The KTY during the offseason, threw 3.1 scoreless innings before rupturing a tendon in his finger and is out until mid-summer... Rookie Tomas Moya, who already has 3 saves and a 1.80 ERA at Thornton, will fill the void...

On the hitting side, Not So Neat was River Pope going down with another injury - pulling a rib muscle, and will be sidelined for 3-4 weeks, after starting the year 7-22... Pedro Ferringo was 9-24 and Gabe McIntyre has started well at 7-22... 'Fudd' Martinez started his AAA season - just missing the Opening Day roster, with a 7-26 week, with 2 HR and 5 RBI and will be called up and thrust into the lineup, taking Pope's spot... New CF Tomas Flores had a mixed week, going 7-30 with a double and 3 RBI - with a team leading 6 K (tied with Carlisle)...

What's On Deck:
After a week with Crystal Lake and the Yumans, it'll be K-Zoo at home and then off to the Far East for Round 1 with the Evil Evas, with Provost and 'Tugboat' lined up to start that series...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#75 Post by Zephyrs »

Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”