Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#241 Post by Coqui »

The Canton Longshoremen are eagerly awaiting the final sim of the season - at one game under .500, the Longshoremen are looking to finish the season with a winning record for only the second time in franchise history.

A more detailed season review will follow in the news stories, but Golden Arm Award Winner hopeful Alfonso Romero will be going for his IL-leading 19th win, as he heads a rotation that has shattered all franchise records for run prevention despite an offseason that saw the fences moved in at Svab Memorial. Wunderkind Award hopeful Vaclav Verlaan will look to pad his .259, 32 HR, 82 RBI season totals. And veteran closer Julian Olivares will look to continue his slow, inexorable climb up the career saves leaderboard - with 243 career saves, he's 16th all-time and 7th among active pitchers.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#242 Post by Ghosts »

Worth the wait... BAKERSFIELD SNEAKS INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!!
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#243 Post by Wind Dancers »

Agreed, Hartford also sneak their way into the playoffs! Now I have to deal with Kentucky who we are 5-9 against this season.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#244 Post by Alleghenies »

Bears wrote:Worth the wait... BAKERSFIELD SNEAKS INTO THE PLAYOFFS!!!
Congrats
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#245 Post by Alleghenies »

Woohoo. Won AA and now A championship. Down 3-1 in SA though.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#246 Post by Sandgnats »

I am away from my laptop. Can someone screenshot the final standings please?
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#247 Post by Sandgnats »

Sandgnats wrote:I am away from my laptop. Can someone screenshot the final standings please?
Nevermind!

I get nervous down the stretch and just keep radio silence sometimes...

In any event, I want to congratulate my team for winning one more game than last season, but losing the division by 10 games :D
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#248 Post by Duane »

Well, with the end of the 2025 season Ky clinches wild card (again)

Rookie pitcher (should win IL Wunderkind) Ramon Tellez finishes up strong with 8ip 9k performance netting his 17th win to tie the KyT team record with Avery Numbers Parkinson (2017 I think) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

remember to cast your IL wunderkind vote for Tellez ;-D
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#249 Post by Leones »

A tip o' the hat to San Juan who just missed the playoffs by a mere 2 games and swept us in our final two games. They've been a thorn in our side all year and their constant competition has pushed us into becoming a better team than we could have without them.

Somehow Havana has stumbled into the playoffs again. We went in to the sim 4.5 games up with a rest day and 4 games on the docket ( 2vs Hartford and 2 vs San Juan) With a maic number of 1 we managed to lose all four games handily and purely by luck end up 2 games atop the division to make the playoffs.

Now we can only hope that Hartford and Kentucky beat each other silly and go at least 5 games. This would allow us to heal up much needed team pillars RF Motoki Suzuki and 1B Pancho Morena who will have to step into the playoffs directly from the DL. It's a big ask but it's the best we got at this point.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#250 Post by MikeB »

Well being suspended in a 7-game win streak was nice while it lasted. Can't believe two losses to SA sunk us but still 9 of 11 to end season not bad. And we did own Havana this year. Kudos to them anyway.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#251 Post by Ghosts »

Thoroughbreds wrote:
Bears wrote:Due to an injury in the rotation and the next guy up being a converted reliever (3 stamina) that I can't start on short rest, in this crucial sim, we are making the call down to AA to Fred Womack who will make his PEBA debut in a Playoff Race. In 11 starts including postseason after being acquired, he's 9-0 and allowed only 9 runs in 72 innings. No pressure, kid.
Womack was one of my fav .... take care of him..... ;-D
He didn't pitch great, but Womack was key to getting us in the postseason by 1 game. Here's a link to his debut.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#252 Post by Evas »

Locked and loaded for the playoffs. Very lucky I got the bye. It will provide just enough time for both Hawkins and Hamada to overcome their injuries.

Pretty happy with how my roster looks at this point. I had thought I'd be disappointed with Errol Landry not being playoff eligible, but he still has a few kinks to work out in his ML game. I'd have no problem giving him time to figure things out in April or May, but not October.

I'm very glad I picked up Chris Holmes. Much better to be relying on a veteran in the playoffs.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#253 Post by Denny »

Bears wrote:
Thoroughbreds wrote:
Bears wrote:Due to an injury in the rotation and the next guy up being a converted reliever (3 stamina) that I can't start on short rest, in this crucial sim, we are making the call down to AA to Fred Womack who will make his PEBA debut in a Playoff Race. In 11 starts including postseason after being acquired, he's 9-0 and allowed only 9 runs in 72 innings. No pressure, kid.
Womack was one of my fav .... take care of him..... ;-D
He didn't pitch great, but Womack was key to getting us in the postseason by 1 game. Here's a link to his debut.
A bitter pill. :-[ Had the Codgers played up to potential this last sim, *they* could be the ones sneaking into the final wild card spot....instead they fell flat on their faces, getting swept quite handily at home by their arch rivals the Bears. %-6 Oh well, I should be happy they were anywhere close after their woeful July. Hopefully our owner will open up the purse strings next year so we can make another push.

Not mentioned is the tough luck Kalamazoo had to drop entirely out of the running too!

For the teams remaining, I have to say I still like Shin Seiki's chances to win it all, just as I predicted before the season. We'll see if they prove me right.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#254 Post by Duane »

anyone having trouble putting guys on playoff roster to cover for injuries? the game is not letting me put 3B Jose Ruiz on playoff roster
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
Morris Ragland
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#255 Post by Morris Ragland »

Thoroughbreds wrote:anyone having trouble putting guys on playoff roster to cover for injuries? the game is not letting me put 3B Jose Ruiz on playoff roster
Ruiz was in AAA at the end of August and not playoff eligible.

Playoff eligibility rules seem to have ambushed us this year.

I'm writing myself a note to make sure we publish an announcement for the sim prior to roster expansion so that everybody is reminded of the import of that sim.
Morris Ragland
Commissioner

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”