Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#61 Post by Sandgnats »

Evas wrote:
Borealis wrote:... I think the only way to avoid it is to micromanage at the 7-day level, which I hate - I'm so afraid I'll forget at the most critical week and really get a crap lineup...
I have my RH+DH and LH+DH line up set and then just have 7 day line up auto fill. I think it is one button to make that happen.

The only time I make manual adjustments is if I want to guarantee someone a day off for rest.
That's how I do it as well. Experienced the same situatuon before. Or fire your manager!
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#62 Post by Borealis »

I just discovered as writing my trade story - I think I somehow missed this, that 'Sawmill' retired! An end of an era... Just as the Carlos Rivera Era begins on The Front Range...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#63 Post by Coqui »

Borealis wrote:
Longshoremen wrote:Mini-rant:

Why on earth would the AI start RF Juan Marquez at 3B when my DH Emilio Manuel is listed as a 3B?

:shake:

Seriously, was there such a problem with listing starters as back-ups at other positions that we had to change the sim and introduce this problem?
This has gone on for a long time - Catchers at SS and the outfield, my DH, an outfielder of horrid defensive ability, at 1B... I think the only way to avoid it is to micromanage at the 7-day level, which I hate - I'm so afraid I'll forget at the most critical week and really get a crap lineup...
That doesn't fix it though. I was using 7-day lineups, but my 3B suffered a 4 day injury mid-sim. Here are the guys that started the next 4 games at 3B:

- my starting 1B, who has no 3B rating (at least his platoon partner then started at 1B in his stead)
- my 4th OF, who has no 3B rating
- my 4th OF, who has no 3B rating

In all of these games, my DH was Emilio Manuel, whose listed position is 3B, at which he has a 6 position rating. But of course because he's my starting DH, I'm no longer allowed to list him as a back-up anywhere, even though he would be my back-up at 2B/SS/3B, as he has position ratings at each of them.

James
GM San Juan Coqui
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#64 Post by Borealis »

Longshoremen wrote:In all of these games, my DH was Emilio Manuel, whose listed position is 3B, at which he has a 6 position rating. But of course because he's my starting DH, I'm no longer allowed to list him as a back-up anywhere, even though he would be my back-up at 2B/SS/3B, as he has position ratings at each of them.

That's weird - I can put my DH at a back-up position...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#65 Post by Alleghenies »

Borealis wrote:
Longshoremen wrote:In all of these games, my DH was Emilio Manuel, whose listed position is 3B, at which he has a 6 position rating. But of course because he's my starting DH, I'm no longer allowed to list him as a back-up anywhere, even though he would be my back-up at 2B/SS/3B, as he has position ratings at each of them.

I can't either...
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#66 Post by Borealis »

Alleghenies wrote:
Borealis wrote:

I can't either...
All I can think is that you don't have full control of your line-ups? On your manager's page, what color is your control line-ups spot? Mine is green, with no 'bar' next to it...
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#67 Post by Reg »

You can put starters as backups in other positions if you leave this box unchecked in your "Lineups" screen :

Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#68 Post by Zephyrs »

Holt cow Reg! Thanks a ton. I have been banging my head against a wall for a while on this issue.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#69 Post by Wind Dancers »

Well, the good news is that the bats are alive and well in Hartford. The bad news is that we are apparently throwing slow pitch softball. :shake:
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#70 Post by Reg »

Harpoon wrote:Well, the good news is that the bats are alive and well in Hartford. The bad news is that we are apparently throwing slow pitch softball. :shake:
LOL

...and we're living in your alternate universe.

The pitching squad is getting it done (never thought i'd say that about my beloved 'Setters), but it's the bats that are dragging. Bob Swift, Luis Salars and Bob Dunn... all good hitters last year... are all batting in the .100's

Gotta get out of the basement...

*nervously rocks back and forth*
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#71 Post by Ghosts »

Oh no... big loss for the Bears - Gilbert Murray is essentially out for the year. In other news, we're off to a strong start with a nice little 2 game lead over Aurora that's been powered by pitching and defense. I don't think a .214 BABIP against can continue for much longer...
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#72 Post by Simon »

Pretty bad start to the season for San Antonio. 5-9 at the moment, which is actually better than last week.

We need Ohayashi back and ASAP. Raul Ortega had good enough numbers in AA and AAA and he gets his chance in majors for 2 weeks now until Yoshii is back. We'll see after that, since he can play corner too.

Also we lost Shoemaker for 5 weeks now, but Fred Jones had better numbers than him anyway.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Ghosts »

Neat stuff, won our only series of the sim and at 12-5 are still holding onto a 2-game lead over Aurora.

Not so neat stuff, for the 2nd straight week we lost a key player. Last time it was arguably our best offensive piece and this time it was our #2 SP Todd Burns. We were in negotiations on a contract extension but unlikely that a 33-year old having reconstructive surgery is going to get that now... I'm just glad that we hadn't already committed the money.

Luckily we have some decent back-end options for the rotation currently throwing out of the bullpen. It will be another drop in quality but we're more equipped to lose an arm than we are to lose another bat.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#74 Post by Zephyrs »

It is a little sad that my best position player so far is a waiver pick-up.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#75 Post by Sandgnats »

Zephyrs wrote:It is a little sad that my best position player so far is a waiver pick-up.
He has some personality:

Leader Ability: Very High
Loyalty: Very High
Desire f. Win: Very High
Greed: Very High
Intelligence: Very High
Work Ethic: Low
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”