Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: Neat stuff sim thread - PEBA 2025 - Season 19

#436 Post by Alleghenies »

Commish wrote:Without specific names of players, I have no way of troubleshooting.
All you have to do is look at WV and the 3 guys in DFA with 0 days.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#437 Post by Borealis »

For starters, Bart Belcham, is a 20-year old SP listed on the Mokule'ia roster in the Roster Overview page, but when I click on him I get Sang-Hyuk Pak, a SP who was at Hamilton last season, in the K-Zoo system. If I search for Belcham, it shows he is in the Bakersfield system (Sherwood Park), but the link takes me to Pak, and the Sherwood roster does not show Belcham.

On Aurora's DFA is Brandon Neumann, whom upon clicking brings me to WV's #1 pick last season, Jack 'The Ripper' Mundy... and Man... His ratings are trashed as trashed can be...

I DL'd the file originally from the link posted - I did not 'upgrade' the file in game, and Aurora rosters looked good at that point. I wonder if Morris experienced a 'reverse hiccup' as the file went up - the symptoms here resemble those of what happens to us when having a DL hiccup (minus the Jim Unknowns)...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

#438 Post by Zephyrs »

I have 'alien' players on my DFA too. All guys not named Leach. :P
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#439 Post by Evas »

I have a stranger too. Mine is Will Reed who links to Dwight Elhes, who is supposed to be a guy in London's system.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#440 Post by Sandgnats »

Alleghenies wrote:
Commish wrote:Without specific names of players, I have no way of troubleshooting.
All you have to do is look at WV and the 3 guys in DFA with 0 days.
Yes, same issue here exactly.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Sandgnats
All-Star
All-Star
Location: Spokane, Washington State, United States of America

#441 Post by Sandgnats »

Ok I'll do a fresh re-install tonight and download the file manually. Can you give us a little extra time on exports tonight please? Thank you.
RJ Ermola
Vice President and General Manager of Baseball Operations
Crystal Lake Sandgnats

*2024 PEBA Champions*
Wind Dancers
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#442 Post by Wind Dancers »

Completely redownloaded the file and the problem still persists. Random players on DFA and in my minors, missing prospects, and players linking to other players.
Dylan Krupilis
GM - Toyama Wind Dancers
Web Admin/Tech Guru

1x PEBA Champion (2038)
3x Sovereign League Champion (2034, 2037, 2038)
1x GM of the Year (2034)
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#443 Post by Dinosaurs »

Harpoon wrote:Completely redownloaded the file and the problem still persists. Random players on DFA and in my minors, missing prospects, and players linking to other players.
Just want to echo the same problem for me, I'm missing OF Manuel Smith from my ML roster, or better to say that he's not turned into Atsushi Tanaka (even if I do a search for Smith in the history for last season's Fargo squad, when I click on his link it takes me to Tanaka's page, weird).

Some random guy on my DFA list and also some random minor leaguers as well. I can give names if needed. I'm missing my 1st round pick from last season, Nathan Dempster.... probably one of my top prospects.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#444 Post by Evas »

I'm also seeing more strangers with broken links listed as traded from me in my Off Season summary.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Leones
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#445 Post by Leones »

Also seeing this issue. Here's an example:

Yo Tomita's alter ego apparently is Lee MacLean
Roster.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Hildreth
- La leña roja tarde pero llega

Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#446 Post by Duane »

I am not downloading until we are sure we have a good file.
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#447 Post by MikeB »

Downloaded new file and same thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Ghosts
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#448 Post by Ghosts »

Probably preaching at the choir on this - but I see the issues too.
Dan Vail
Bakersfield Bears 2028-2030
Niihama-shi Ghosts 2010, 2031-current
MikeB
Triple-A
Triple-A

#449 Post by MikeB »

Chon is also Felix Torres. Biggest problem is no option to remove from 40-man roster. Just a guess but does this have anything to do with the ghost player option?
Mike Best
San Juan Coqui
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#450 Post by Denny »

Commish wrote:
Codgers wrote:Seeing same oddities here. Also OOTP18 *quits* unexpectedly after downloading the new league file....I have to start up OOTP18 again and load the file, which has the new date and apparently all changes, but it still does not seem like proper behavior.
Denny, Ootp tells me that you've not made an export since the migration, so I don't think anything took there.

I think you need to scrap that league file entirely and download/install this one:

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/peba ... EBA.lg.zip

Then update in-game and see if you are seeing the same problems.
Well, I just downloaded the league file linked here. I also rebooted my Mac (which I had not done since getting the latest OOTP18 installed), and that seemed to resolved my OOTP-quitting issue. ;-D

However, I too am still seeing misnamed players the same way others are, the same ones as I saw previously. Specifically, on my DFA list with 0 days left is someone called CF Toshiyuki Hashimoto who links to the page for 3B Yoshinari Ikeda, retired.

Also, I received a message this sim dated 1/31 saying that minor-league 1B Harrison Fulcher had signed with PS; however, the link in the message led to the page of 24-year-old RP Woody Bruce, FA; then on my RFA page Woody Bruce is listed (with 0 days remaining)....and *that* link is to 21-yo RP Alejandro De La Madrid of USC! :-o

I wonder if the missing OOTP17 players which OOTP18 "brought back" had player ids which had already been reassigned to different guys or something?

EDIT:
Borealis wrote:F wonder if Morris experienced a 'reverse hiccup' as the file went up - the symptoms here resemble those of what happens to us when having a DL hiccup (minus the Jim Unknowns)...
I wonder this too. I particularly note that in the HTML reports (current through 2/7) it shows PS as having signed 1B Harrison Fulcher, and the link *there* takes one to his correct page in the HTML. This leads me to believe the HTML is correct and there was just a hiccup on our Commish's end when putting the 2/7 update out there for us to download.
Denny Hills
O.C. (Original Codger)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”