Each Team's GM History

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Each Team's GM History

#46 Post by Reg »

Lions wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:23 pm
Trendsetters wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:45 pmHow many PEBA teams have spent the majority (50%+) of it's history run by a non-American GM?
Hmm... this is an interesting fact, but also is prone to the definition.
Reg has clearly taken non-American to mean one who does not live in the United States. FWIW, I live permanently in the US, but am not a US citizen.
That's very true Frank.
I took it as a very simplified definition of 'living in the US' / 'not living in the US' (for those that I am aware of, anyway). I didn't factor in technicalities like that. I suppose this opens up a whole lot of flaws in my 'statistic' that I wasn't thinking of.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#47 Post by Lions »

Arroyos wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:40 pmAh, yes, the ambiguities! I am a citizen of the US (by birth, not choice) but unlike Frank I live temporarily in the States.
I assume the rest of the time you're off swimming in international waters.
Trendsetters wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:20 pmI took it as a very simplified definition of 'living in the US' / 'not living in the US' (for those that I am aware of, anyway). I didn't factor in technicalities like that. I suppose this opens up a whole lot of flaws in my 'statistic' that I wasn't thinking of.
Sorry if my comment came across harshly... it was meant in fun as I'm proud of my heritage.

I tried to explain to my son the other day the concept of Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics. I think he was asking me what a good batting average was and, given the PEBA's current offensive trough, I was trying to help him learn about context, so semantics was in my brain.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#48 Post by Reg »

Lions wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:11 pm Sorry if my comment came across harshly... it was meant in fun as I'm proud of my heritage.
It's all good :D even my response seems a bit 'dry' when I look at it again.
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Arroyos
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#49 Post by Arroyos »

Lions wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:11 pm
Arroyos wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:40 pmAh, yes, the ambiguities! I am a citizen of the US (by birth, not choice) but unlike Frank I live temporarily in the States.
Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't dipped my toes in any international waters since I swam off Venice lido some 5 or 6 years ago. No, what I meant by my ambiguous statement was that we all are living here, or there, or anywhere, temporarily. The impermanancy of life becomes more apparent as each year goes by.
Bob Mayberry
Yuma Arroyos
joined 1 April 2010
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#50 Post by Borealis »

Arroyos wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:17 am
Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't dipped my toes in any international waters since I swam off Venice lido some 5 or 6 years ago. No, what I meant by my ambiguous statement was that we all are living here, or there, or anywhere, temporarily. The impermanancy of life becomes more apparent as each year goes by.
Truth...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#51 Post by Alleghenies »

Are we actually anywhere or are we just a simulation playing a simulation?
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#52 Post by Apollos »

Alleghenies wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:13 pm
Are we actually anywhere or are we just a simulation playing a simulation?
It's possible that this thread is headed to a dark place :-o
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Board of the PEBA
League President
League President

#53 Post by Board of the PEBA »

This is a great resource and a Big Thanks to Reg for having managed it!!
Current PEBA Board Members
Mike Topham (Borealis) - Commissioner
RJ Ermola (Sandgnats)
Dylan Krupilis (Wind Dancers)
Reg LeBlanc (Trendsetters)

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”