Talking Trends - Team Blog (short thoughts)

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#31 Post by Reg »

Congratulations to Sanchez on achieving his first win of the season, after getting no decision in his previous 3 starts, Sanchez picked up the W in a game versus, Charleston...

posted by Trensetter
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Reg »

Coal Sox wrote:
Codgers wrote:Yep. After this was posted I went back and looked to see what my scouts had thought of Hansen; in four of the five main categories they gave him ratings in the single digits! :shock:

Call me a jerk, but I'm hoping my scouts were ultimately right and Hansen comes crashing back to earth 8)
My scouts said the same thing - contact off the charts, everything else single digits. It'll be interesting to see what these types of players become. Is Hansen representative or the outlier? :-?
I think that Hansen is a perfect example of scouting and stats combined...because truthfully Hansen should have a very good contact rating when he finishes maturing, but right now he has one that is lower than several other players on the team, yet they are struggling to stay above .250 while Hansen continues to hit in the .300...one of the problems of judging Hansen by this year is that he will only play in about half of the season games, so not a truly expressive sample size....
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#33 Post by Reg »

Happy Birthday Tommy Fowler, goodbye to being a teenager...

posted by loyaltrendsetter101

Have you guys checked out the hbp leaders for the team, Desi James has managed to get hit 8 times, whild Deschamps have managed to be hit 7 times...I guess pitchers are targeting the slower guys so the catcher will have plenty of time to catch them from behind

posted by ioiul

Hansen has definately been a breath of fresh air, but I wonder what his first full year will look like? Taking 1 3/4 months stats over an 162 game avg, he would get 266 hits and 197 strikeouts...maybe we could start a new club the 200/200 club?

posted by trendfan77
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Reg »

ok all you haters, Hansen had his first bad week only hitting .219...dropping his ba to .360 on the season (are you happy codgers?)

posted by Hansen4president
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Denny
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#35 Post by Denny »

Trendsetters wrote:ok all you haters, Hansen had his first bad week only hitting .219...dropping his ba to .360 on the season (are you happy codgers?)

It's about time! Long may his mediocrity continue. 8)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by Reg »

Codgers wrote:
Trendsetters wrote:ok all you haters, Hansen had his first bad week only hitting .219...dropping his ba to .360 on the season (are you happy codgers?)

It's about time! Long may his mediocrity continue. 8)

:grin: :evil: :twisted: :cry: :grin:
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by Reg »

Rumor has it that GM Tanner sent a gift fruit basket to the Florida Featherheads after thier three game sweep of Charlestion.

:grin:

posted by trendstrfan879
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#38 Post by Reg »

Vibe from the front office is that the playoffs will be last chance for Trendsetters fans to see Cal Edwards play for the home team....

posted by trndsttrinsdr

Yeah, I heard he was asking for top dollar, and that management was unwilling to dedicate that much of the budget to one player....

posted by trends4life

I hope Edwards has a few great games in store for the playoffs, especially after his so so performance the past couple of months...if you wanna get paid like a superstar, you better play like one...

posted by bitterend
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#39 Post by John »

I ain't buyin that thier gonna release Edwards. How crazy wuld that be?? Dude clubbed 40 homers! And he's clutch, too: 110 ribbies. No way Tanner is that crazy. You watch and see. Edwards will be a star in the playoffs and they'll sign him to a monster deal right after the Trendsetters win the Planetary Extreme Championship. You heard it here first!!!

posted by bayouBilly
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#40 Post by Reg »

I say we investigate New Jersey for drug use, I mean who hasn't heard that the club house is full of the so call "happy pills", the GM even posted a picture of one online....I mean come on..who do we have to talk to congress..

posted by crazytrndsttr
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#41 Post by Reg »

Ouch

posted by ptanner
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#42 Post by Reg »

does anybody know where I can find a Cline Trendsetter jersey?

posted by noob24

Yeah, I think you can find it right next to C Javier Rodriguez's book "Betrayal: How I left the Trendsetters". Cline better be worth the money we are paying him. For my buck, I had no problems buying tickets to see dependable Rodriguez play for way less of a pay check. I hope Tanner isn't gonna get star struck this offseason and end up having to raise ticket prices to $24 dollars like I heard the Hitmen and Codgers have. If it does happen, you won't see my bottom in a seat, not even to wear my old school Rodriguez jersey!!

posted by Javierismyhero4

First off, Rodriguez isn't even off the team yet, though its likely he will be before nex spring, secondly, Cline eclipses Rodriguez in every stastical category except for age. Plus that we got rid of that pitcher whom shall not be named...

posted by potterfan07

Has anybody else heard Dan Lewis' name being knocked around in possible trade rumors? I hope not, with the emergence of Hansen, Lewis makes a great fifth or sixth spot hitter who has some pop and great speed.

posted by not777
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Reg »

it's official with the end of the winter meetings the Trendsetters have settled on their final rosters. Four new offensive starters, three new arms on the pitching staff and hopefully a new formula for winning the championship. Can't wait for the new season to begin.

posted by trendiexy

I wonder if this year will be another carousel in the 5th starter spot? Hashimoto, Finlay, Adriannse, and Sanchez....and this spring will see a competition between Pinto and Sanu...find someone and stick with it already...

posted by coalsoxdrool02

Will McCullough repeat his season? The defense is not quite the high level it was with Lewis leaving CF, but still the pitching should shine once again.

posted by Conanfanclubpresident
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#44 Post by Reg »

Little....I think Tanner has finally gone crazy and crowded an outfield that was already imbalanced...this new kid Chavez can play defense, but my sister can hit better than he can and she only plays t-ball....

posted by tannershouldbefired

I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to see the Trendsetters take the field and begin competition again, it's been a long winter and I need me some PEBA baseball....

posted by nolife34
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#45 Post by John »

todd hanson is a little girl just like his brothers, and he's gonna flop like them too!!

posted by coolsox57

Um, okay, first off it's "Hansen", not "Hanson". So obviously there's not any relation with the band Hanson (I'm assuming you're not talking about the Hanson Brothers from Slap Shot). Second off, don't make yourself look any stupider than you have to. Todd Hansen had far and away the best debut of any PEBA amateur draftee last year. How do you look at a .344 AVG and 33 SB and figure he's going to suck? But I guess that's what we should expect from West Virginians, huh? You guys made such a good showing of yourselves at the polls last week after all.

posted by Trailblazer_Ted
Last edited by John on Tue May 20, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “New Orleans Trendsetters”