Draft Pool Released

Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft Pool Released

#31 Post by Borealis »

My scout has Vapor Lock at a 6-6-9-4-3. No stats at all on my side as well. Maybe that's why he's angry! Got recruited by UCLA and has ridden pine the whole time. The question should go out to the UCLA coach: Why did you recruit this guy and never play him?!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#32 Post by Reg »

Anybody else concerned about Elliot Johnson's Image ability to grow a mustache?
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#33 Post by John »

Trendsetters wrote:Anybody else concerned about Elliot Johnson's Image ability to grow a mustache?
18 years old, indeed. That's gotta be fake. Either that or he's that one insecure kid that can and will grow ridiculous facial hair because he thinks it makes him look "mature". He'll probably have little trouble getting alcohol before he's 21, though. :lol:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#34 Post by Borealis »

PEBA Commissioner wrote:
Trendsetters wrote:Anybody else concerned about Elliot Johnson's Image ability to grow a mustache?
18 years old, indeed. That's gotta be fake. Either that or he's that one insecure kid that can and will grow ridiculous facial hair because he thinks it makes him look "mature". He'll probably have little trouble getting alcohol before he's 21, though. :lol:
Separated at birth??
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#35 Post by Reg »

Borealis wrote:
PEBA Commissioner wrote:
Separated at birth??
hmmmm...could be :mrgreen:
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#36 Post by klewis »

Here are some bad 'staches. I give you C Charles Jeffries of Florida and SP Orlando Maldonado of Charleston. It seems OOTP randomly likes to give facial hair (or remove) every season we update the pictures. I wish the facial hair on players are more consistent year in and year out. Ha, any chance I can get Morimoto with a beard on again? Maybe he will get his mojo back :)

Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#37 Post by DanD »

Tomas Yanez, an Arlington Starting pitcher, had had a big busy mustache my first season and a half in the league. This year he decided to shave it off and i didn't even recognize his portrait when I was browsing through my roster.

I was quite sad actually.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#38 Post by Nigel »

My scout is notoriously very stingy with giving pitchers any credit, but he seems to have many highly rated pitchers at the top of this draft for some reason. Good pool this year? Getting less crotchety in his old age? Some weird conversion thing? Who knows.
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#39 Post by Reg »

is it me or did Scott Morris get an extra year of college ball in?
Reg LeBlanc
(2021 - 2037)
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#40 Post by John »

Trendsetters wrote:is it me or did Scott Morris get an extra year of college ball in?
Yeah, that happened with a couple "big bang" feeder guys. Also, we've got a couple players currently listed in the draft pool who are not eligible to be drafted: Roland Blayney and Ed Olson. They will be gone come draft day, so don't bother adding them to your lists. Not like they were any kind of prospects, anyway. :P
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Sandgnats (Bill)

#41 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Hey John,
I have never looked at this before, but I noticed that there are 12 players in the draft pool that are still on their respective college teams. I saw that and it seems odd. I just wanted to give you a heads up as trying to draft these guys during the live draft and you then not being able to do so because they haven't been released from their college teams wouldn't be fun for anybody. I just wanted to save you a headache since you've probably had one all week. :grin:

Here's the best way to find them listed.
1) Go to PEBA draft pool
2) On the View Tab, choose default.
3) Then just filter by LG (League) and you will see them along with the 2 High School players you already mentioned.

Here are their names:
SP Cesar Diaz
1B Nelson Diaz
3B Ricardo Gonzales
RF Kyle Hamilton
LF Dale Higgins
CL Ju-young Hong
1B David Lambert
1B Pedro Martinez
CF Ben Ray
2B Carlos Romero
SP Chris Williams
2B John York

I just looked and these guys all appear to be juniors (started their college careers after the 2008 season). So, I guess the only problem is that they probably shouldn't be in the pool and therefore included with the 2 high school players as players that cannot be drafted. I could be misinterpreting this, but just wanted to avoid any kind of problems on Saturday.

Like I said this is my first time looking at the draftees like this, so maybe there isn't any issue. If so, I apologize for the wasted post. But, preventing a problem is much more valuable than treating it if you ask me. :D
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#42 Post by John »

Sandgnats (Bill) wrote:lots of bad news for John
Ugh. This is going to be very, very yucky. I'm just too tired to deal with this tonight, so it'll be tomorrow before the mailing goes out explaining how these players are not draftable. I guess there was never going to be a chance for a seamless sim when the sim was split up over 3 different computers... :-P :-P :-P
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#43 Post by Borealis »

I guess some clarity needs to be made here: If one of these players is on a draft list and an owner is not at the draft, AND their turn comes up and one of these guys is next on the list, will it hold up the draft (kind of like having our rosters too large)? Should we check our lists and remove or is it unnecessary?
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#44 Post by John »

Borealis wrote:I guess some clarity needs to be made here: If one of these players is on a draft list and an owner is not at the draft, AND their turn comes up and one of these guys is next on the list, will it hold up the draft (kind of like having our rosters too large)? Should we check our lists and remove or is it unnecessary?
You know, I started to type an answer to this and then deleted it, remembering how my luck is going. I'm discovering so many issues related to our last sim that at this point I think it would be better to assume the worst possible scenario. So what I'm going to say is just try and make sure that these players are not on your list come Saturday afternoon. Maybe there won't be a problem if they are, but I'd kind of prefer to not find out.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#45 Post by DanD »

Aw, where's your sense of adventure? :mrgreen:
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”