I would just like to thank you all!

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Transmitters
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

Re: I would just like to thank you all!

#16 Post by Transmitters »

Honestly, I don't understand why he expected ANYONE to believe this. I might believe it if it was a desperate small independent league team (Or the *Cough Cough* Indians), but, the Boston Red Sox? And he said it was over the phone, if the Boston Red Sox wanted to interview him they'd fly him to Boston. Futhermore, he said he played High School Baseball, I call BS on that too. I played Baseball my Freshman year (I missed tryouts this year) and I'd get home about 6-7 PM everyday. Now I get out at 4 (because of football) and guess who was on everyday when I got home? Charlie. If he was really in Baseball wouldn't he practice? His entire life that he has shown us has basically been a ploy for attention. Honestly I don't think I am as mad at him as I am sorry for him. He is one of those people he constantly needs attention and recognition, He doesn't care if it's true or not. He feels like he has something to prove to a bunch of total strangers that he will very likely never meet.
Jonas Pine,
2016 Hyakujuu GM,

2019- Kawaguchi GM
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#17 Post by Maulers »

Yes; and as David mentioned elsewhere, there doesn't even appear to be a "Charlie." The high school team that he claimed to be on has an informative website and there is no one on either the JV or Varsity team who goes by the name "Charlie Cooper." So who knows who this guy actually is.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#18 Post by Evas »

Who knows if he is even a kid? Maybe he likes to pretend he is a high school boy for some reason.

Could be a teacher or a janitor for all we know.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#19 Post by Maulers »

Evas wrote:Who knows if he is even a kid? Maybe he likes to pretend he is a high school boy for some reason.

Could be a teacher or a janitor for all we know.
Yeah; this is exactly right. Seriously: this guy needs help.
Jeff Dudas
Head Scout Extraordinaire
Manchester Maulers Baseball Club (2007-2023; 2029-present)
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#20 Post by Lions »

I've come to the conclusion that Charlie Cooper was, in fact, Theo Epstein.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Matt
VIP
VIP

#21 Post by Matt »

Nutmeggers wrote:I've come to the conclusion that Charlie Cooper was, in fact, Theo Epstein.
I needed that laugh Frank.

Thanks.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#22 Post by Cole »

Transmitters wrote:Honestly, I don't understand why he expected ANYONE to believe this. I might believe it if it was a desperate small independent league team (Or the *Cough Cough* Indians), but, the Boston Red Sox? And he said it was over the phone, if the Boston Red Sox wanted to interview him they'd fly him to Boston. Futhermore, he said he played High School Baseball, I call BS on that too. I played Baseball my Freshman year (I missed tryouts this year) and I'd get home about 6-7 PM everyday. Now I get out at 4 (because of football) and guess who was on everyday when I got home? Charlie. If he was really in Baseball wouldn't he practice? His entire life that he has shown us has basically been a ploy for attention. Honestly I don't think I am as mad at him as I am sorry for him. He is one of those people he constantly needs attention and recognition, He doesn't care if it's true or not. He feels like he has something to prove to a bunch of total strangers that he will very likely never meet.
I notice in that other thread he just randomly gave you an OOTP activation code?

I know you have been "cleared" but when your name was still under fire, that could have been pretty damming... Charlie just arbitrarily gives a code to someone he doesn't know, then that new person is another new owner in the LRS right away.

I guess.. he was a nice kid anyway, if he gave you that activation? And aside from being a scumbag, he was a very dedicated owner.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Transmitters
Little Leaguer
Little Leaguer

#23 Post by Transmitters »

Badgers wrote: I notice in that other thread he just randomly gave you an OOTP activation code?

I know you have been "cleared" but when your name was still under fire, that could have been pretty damming... Charlie just arbitrarily gives a code to someone he doesn't know, then that new person is another new owner in the LRS right away.

I guess.. he was a nice kid anyway, if he gave you that activation? And aside from being a scumbag, he was a very dedicated owner.
Well I was in the LRS a while ago, and he did give me the activation code. I was super suprised, that was why I really liked him at first, then he continued being a cool guy to me. But, I was wrong. When he did give it to me he said that it was because KAW/ NII would be ownerless and he likes a full league.
Jonas Pine,
2016 Hyakujuu GM,

2019- Kawaguchi GM

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”