NOTB Draft Day Special: First Pick

Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NOTB Draft Day Special: First Pick

#1 Post by Reg »

Scott Plack

Well the moment we have all been waiting for has arrived, the draft in under way, and already there have been some interesting moves by GM's trying to balance the future with the present.

New Orleans, who has landed near the mid spot in every round at 15, chose a lefty starting pitcher named Chandler Davis. Tanner is hoping that despite his young age Davis will be the ace on the staff for this year and many years to come.

"Truthfully, we had our eye on Chandler the whole time. Great pitchers are a limited quantity, and he is and will continue to be great as he takes the mound for the Trendsetters. Like you have heard time and time again this organization takes to heart the fact that pitching and defense win championships, and Davis will be an important part of any future success we will have," commented Tanner.

Chandler is a Southpaw out of San Marcos, TX, who throws a decent fastball. He complements his fastball with a circle change and on his good nights, a nasty splitter. Davis won't lead the league in strikeouts, but with a good defense behind him, he should be near the top in wins and earned run average.

When notified by the league that he had been chosen by the Trendsetters, Davis was overjoyed, saying,
"I think that the Trendsetter organization is first class. I love living in the south and New Orleans is close enough for my family to get to visit and watch me play. I am honored that Paul thought highly enough of me to be picked up in the first round. To me its kind of like Dodge Ball, you just don' wanna be the last kid picked!"

Tanner has returned to the draft board to continue plotting his picks and watching what other teams are doing.

You can catch the next couple of picks here at the draft day special edition, next post will combine the next three or so picks, so keep checking in for updates!

Return to “League News and Articles”