The Martian

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Matt
VIP
VIP

The Martian

#1 Post by Matt »

I am not a big movie person at all. Very few movies can get my attention. My thing is baseball. And more baseball. And beyond that, well baseball. The rest of the world pretty much sucks these days.

But when I saw the trailer for The Martian, I was blown away. I stumbled upon it accidentally, and it captured my attention. This could be a very interesting story, and Matt Damon could certainly carry such a story almost by himself.

I will be looking for Johns review on this one, but regardless I have that first weekend in October circled. I think this is going to be a huge movie.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Martian

#2 Post by John »

You better believe I'm excited for this one. It made my "top 10 most anticipated list." The book is outstanding. The Martian is one to keep an eye on. Or at least so says the guy who put Chappie in his top 10 (and still loves it despite all the haters, by Jove!).

By the way, how am I doing on those "most anticipated" picks? As I mentioned, I'm the only person in the world who liked (loved!) Chappie. I did much better with Ex Machina, which rocked a lot of socks (including mine). I missed Child 44 ... actually, I think everyone missed Child 44. And Mad Max: Fury Road? My #1 most anticipated film of the year is the best film in years, period. You do not love movies if you haven't seen Fury Road in theaters. It's as simple as that. Lie, cheat, steal ... just find a way to go see it.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by DanD »

I'm excited for this one as well - they announced the movie almost immediately after I finished reading the book for the first time. Right around the time I thought "man, this would make for a pretty awesome movie I bet".

So, I'm pretty sure the producers read my mind, and I'm the reason this movie is coming out. You're welcome!
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa
Matt
VIP
VIP

#4 Post by Matt »

Bureaucrats wrote:I'm excited for this one as well - they announced the movie almost immediately after I finished reading the book for the first time. Right around the time I thought "man, this would make for a pretty awesome movie I bet".

So, I'm pretty sure the producers read my mind, and I'm the reason this movie is coming out. You're welcome!
You the man!!! ;-D
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#5 Post by Rory »

I usually hate sequels but i really like Mad Max: Fury Road in 3D. It was an awesome 3D movie. Plot? Well come on it's Mad Max. It's all about the action really.

I'll have to go check out this Martian thing you speak of.
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Evas »

Mad Max absolutely blew me away. Best movie going experience I have had in years. Fantastic and insane spectacle. Go see it in the theaters if you can.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by John »

Mad Max: Fury Road is not the best film of the year.

Mad Max: Fury Road is the best film of all the years.

For Pete's sake, go see Mad Max: Fury Road.

:grin:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”