Fallout 4!!!!! (and do I need a PS4)

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fallout 4!!!!! (and do I need a PS4)

#1 Post by Bill »

Bethesda has announced Fallout 4 is coming, making a splash at E3 this year: www.fallout4.com
They also announced release in November.

I actually just played Fallout: New Vegas about a year ago and liked it more than I thought. I still like The Elder Scrolls better, but Fallout is definitely fun. This has thrown a big fat quandry right it my face. It is the first game I actually wanted that will be next gen console only (i.e. PS4/XBox One). No Ps3 version. I've been hesitant to upgrade, mostly because 95% of our PS3 usage is for non-gaming uses (i.e. streaming video or sports). I might have to splurge this fall.

Discuss.
Zephyrs
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Fallout 4!!!!! (and do I need a PS4)

#2 Post by Zephyrs »

I am totally with you. I absolutely LOVE Skyrim but I really enjoy Fallout 3. I am looking forward to the release of Fallout 4.
Scott Maynor GM Reno Zephyrs
Joined September 2010
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fallout 4!!!!! (and do I need a PS4)

#3 Post by John »

I loved the hell out of Fallout and Fallout 2, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas came out at a time in my life when I was too occupied with establishing this little thing called the PEBA to play any games. :P I was always kind of bummed that I never got to play them. I'd love to go back and play them now, and love just as much to imagine that I will play Fallout 4 when it comes out, but I know those things aren't going to happen. Too much "building the dream" work on top of real work to have time for gaming.

I do believe the last time I gamed with any level of seriousness was 2007, before the PEBA started. The PEBA effectively ended my gaming life. It's just one more thing I'll be eternally grateful to this league for. Not there's anything wrong with gaming (there isn't), but the reclamation of time for projects that might potentially blossom into careers is worth its weight in gold to me.

All that said ... hell yes, Fallout 4 looks awesome. I loved all the callbacks to the original games there to be spotted in the trailer. :)
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”