Video game sales update thread

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Video game sales update thread

#106 Post by Bill »

I got an email saying Endless Legend is 50% off on Steam - today only. I know that (or maybe Endless Space) came up in another thread at one point.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#107 Post by John »

Warriors wrote:I got an email saying Endless Legend is 50% off on Steam - today only. I know that (or maybe Endless Space) came up in another thread at one point.
I have heard really good things about Endless Legend. Rock Paper Shotgun called it "Best 4x Game of 2014. Might be worth it at 50% off.

On an unrelated note: Why has no one claimed their free copy of Age of Wonders? :evil:
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#108 Post by Hitmen »

No one wants free games John! I have so many to hand out still ;-D
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#109 Post by Alleghenies »

I'm not sure why, but I could just never get into that series. I was a Heroes of Might and Magic fan.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#110 Post by Lions »

I would be all over some free games if I had some free time.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#111 Post by Rory »

Lacuna Expanse

This is a free MMO empire building space strategy game. Nothing to download. I believe it used to be a board game back in the day but has evolved to this. It's a very in-depth strategy game that I just started playing a month ago or so. I've barely scratched the surface of this thing. The map is huge.

You start out with a home planet and build up your planet with infrastructure - resources - commerce - defense - military etc... and expand as you choose. You can build probes to explore the expanse which there are over 100,000. The strategy starts from the first building you choose. Some players play as explorers, some as military mights, some as commerce giants and even some as isolationists. There is a good wiki if you need before jumping in.
Worth checking out if you like this type of game. I ran across it by accident and have enjoyed it.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#112 Post by John »

The GOG summer sale is on! Tons of discounts happening, including a great deal on old LucasArts adventure game classics. Have a look, and while you're at it ... want a free game? I have redemption codes for SimCity 2000 Special Edition and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky ready to send your way. Just shoot me a PM and the games are yours! ;-D
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”