Mafia Bloodbath! Day 2

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mafia Bloodbath! Day 2

#1 Post by Lions »

Day 2

That evening a couple of cloaked figures were
walking briskly past the Palace Cinema.

Occupied with their plans for the night, they weren't
watching where they were going and ran right into each other.

"Crud," mumbled one to himself. "There he goes..."

A while later, Art Vandalay decided to check
out a late night flick.

Upon entering the theater, he decided to grab some popcorn.
"I didn't know you worked the counter!" he said to a familiar face.

"Oh, only on special occasions," came the reply.

"Well maybe, then," Art began, "You can explain
to me why they made this counter so dang high.
I can barely see over it!"

"That's easy," his friend stated. "It's so we can
hide props like this halbred where no one can see."

"A halbred?" Art asks. "I love halbreds! Wait...
no, that's what I've always said and things have never
worked out for ..."

THWUMP!

Rules
  1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either the Loyalists, the Traitors, or niether. The loyalists win when all non-loyalists have been eliminated and there is at least one loyalist player alive. The traitors win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists or there is only one of each left. Players of other affiliations will have their win condition outlined in their roles.
  2. Each player will recieve a role PM containing your win condition and what you can do at night. You may not quote your role PM in any form.
  3. A game day will last approximately 24 hours. You may not vote. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will also last 24 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host within the first 12 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of departed players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. If you are dead, act like it!
  6. You may not edit your posts. Editing a post will result in immediate death.
  7. Any interpretation of rules that require clarification is at the hosts discretion and the host's word is final. Questions should be directed to the host via PM.
  8. All character alignment and roles have been randomized to protect the guilty.
Active Players
Here is the listing of players... please note that all character role assignments, and affiliation assignments have been randomized. Any attempt to read into those assignments is done at your own risk.

Nico Cipriani - Played by Simon (Calzones)

Cisco Happycakes - Played by Kevin (Evas)

Bo Hoppystein - Played by James (Longshoremen)

Mariano Leggio - Played by David (Statesmen)

Boots Rambleshanks - Played by Mike (Borealis)

Vito Scaletta - Played by Rory (Knights)

Narcisa Sultana - Played by John

Eliminated Players
Image Image
Art Vandalay - Played by Brian (Sandgnats) - Loyalist

Day 2 has now begun. The day will last exactly 24 hours from the time of this post.
You may submit your night actions at any time until 36 hours from the time of this post.

This thread is exclusively for active participants in the game. In-character posts only, please.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: Mafia Bloodbath! Day 2

#2 Post by Borealis »

Boots Rambleshanks: My word. I just can't fathom what's a happenin' here. First The Boss, now Art? We need folks to speak up! The days get short this time of year and we can't afford to waste any daylight!
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Narcisa Sultana: Awful. Simply awful. Blood everywhere. Who will clean it? Certainly not me; I just came back from a pedicure.

I suppose it's terrible about the poor man, too. And him a loyalist! With that pinstriped suit, I wouldn't have guessed him of being loyal to anything other than outmoded fashion.

But now it's certain: there's a murderer among us! Someone must catch the culprit! I would help, but I just came back from a pedicure.

<Narcisa delicately lifts a tray from the too-high counter.>

Pickled sea cucumbers, anyone?

<Narcisa glares at Cisco Happycakes.>

Anyone else?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Borealis »

Boots Rambleshanks: I'll pass on the sea cucumber Ms. Sultana, I ain't to into echinoderms as a food, but I've got some nice fire grilled rainbow trout Imma planning on getting going once we get outta this mess.

I wish I had more to offer 'bout last night, but as I was moseying about, some strange soul kinda shoved me aside and I lost my way. Kinda rude, to - no apology or nothin'. Imagine that! You know, people look at me and think I'm just another Aqualung crawling the streets, and treat my such, but things couldn't be farther from the truth! Imma good man, Ms. Sultana - even if sea urchin ain't part of my social circle...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by John »

Narcisa Sultana: I'm too exhausted to be offended, Mr. Shanks. I lost half of my beauty sleep last night to those violent ocean waves. The water was churning so! Take it from me: nothing is better under the sea, darling.

It was so awful that I decided to take a stroll on the beach. I'll only walk the beach at night, when nobody is around. Human men have a distressingly difficult time keeping their hands off my shells. Somebody was around last night, though. One of the latecomers to yesterday's party. He seemed happy enough gobbling down his chicken gyro with all the grace of a flounder swallowing a sperm whale. Disgusting manners. At least he seemed harmless. I kept my distance anyway, of course. His type doesn't swim in my social ponds.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#6 Post by Rory »

Well Well. This is a disturbing turn of events. We have 2 Darth Vaders crash into each other in the street with one of them apparently whacking poor Art Vandalay. Mr Vandalay was a strange man who used to pretend to be George Costanza to try and attract chicks. But all he ended up attracting was a halberd across the neck. I believe it takes a big strong man to wield a halberd. One thing is for sure, whoever is responsible for these attacks sure must have worked up an appetite.
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#7 Post by Simon »

What the hell? First Boss, now my dear friend Art?
Surely someone had to see something, there are cameras everywhere, someone should check the tapes.
These cucumbers are awful by the way.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#8 Post by richard_v »

Mariano Leggio - Well I have to say I'm sorry for not being taught the proper manners, I was mighty hungry after the days events and thought I'd just try and take my mind off things down at the beach.

Also have you ever tried eatin a gyro with grace?! it ain't easy. I'd take lookin a mess to eating one of those sea cucumbers anyway.

Terrible events going on in this town, just hope we can solve this madness soon.
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Evas »

Cisco Happycakes:

Did anyone see anything suspicious? I spent the night sleeping off my unfortunate reaction to those cucumbers. But someone has to have some amount of skill here. Anyone with the talent to ferret out the threat?
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Lions »

Sorry for the delay in posting this... but Day 2 is over!

Please get your night actions in by 9 pm PST.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”