Mafia Bloodbath! Day 1

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mafia Bloodbath! Day 1

#1 Post by Lions »

Day 1

The Boss sat alone in the theater watching his favorite flick for the umpteenth time.

He knew the scenes by heart and could recite every line.
There were no surprises. No moments of suspense left to him...

...at least not on screen. He did not notice the dark
figure that had quietly snuck up from behind.

In seconds, there were no moments left to him at all.

Rules
  1. Each player will be given a character to play who will be aligned with either the Loyalists, the Traitors, or niether. The loyalists win when all non-loyalists have been eliminated and there is at least one loyalist player alive. The traitors win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists or there is only one of each left. Players of other affiliations will have their win condition outlined in their roles.
  2. Each player will recieve a role PM containing your win condition and what you can do at night. You may not quote your role PM in any form.
  3. A game day will last approximately 24 hours. You may not vote. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will also last 24 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host within the first 12 hours of the night stage.
  4. The alignment of departed players will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. If you are dead, act like it!
  6. You may not edit your posts. Editing a post will result in immediate death.
  7. Any interpretation of rules that require clarification is at the hosts discretion and the host's word is final. Questions should be directed to the host via PM.
  8. All character alignment and roles have been randomized to protect the guilty.
Active Players
Here is the listing of players... please note that all character role assignments, and affiliation assignments have been randomized. Any attempt to read into those assignments is done at your own risk.

Nico Cipriani - Played by Simon (Calzones)

Cisco Happycakes - Played by Kevin (Evas)

Bo Hoppystein - Played by James (Longshoremen)

Mariano Leggio - Played by David (Statesmen)

Boots Rambleshanks - Played by Mike (Borealis)

Vito Scaletta - Played by Rory (Knights)

Narcisa Sultana - Played by John

Art Vandalay - Played by Brian (Sandgnats)

Day 1 has now begun. The day will last exactly 24 hours from the time of this post.
You may submit your night actions at any time until 36 hours from the time of this post.

This thread is exclusively for active participants in the game. In-character posts only, please.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Mafia Bloodbath! Day 1

#2 Post by Apollos »

Art Vandelay- What the devil!?? Who turned out the lights and how am I supposed to enjoy my delicious club sandwich in the dark?

And while I'm asking questions, who the heck killed The Boss??
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Simon
Triple-A
Triple-A

#3 Post by Simon »

Nico Cipriani - What???!! A club sandwich?! Wait a minute, The Boss is dead?!! How do you know, since its so god damn dark? And what were you doing there in the first place? The Boss always watches the movie alone.
Simon Kuliszewski
Proud General Manager of San Antonio Calzones de Laredo
Since mid 2020 (268-293 .477)
Rory
Triple-A
Triple-A

#4 Post by Rory »

It's a sad day when a legoman can't even sit down and watch a movie in peace.
Someone with the Boss's stature always has body guards. How could they be asleep on the job...........Unless maybe they were pretending to be asleep.....Dun-Dun-Duuuun.

And who's selling sandwiches?
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Borealis »

Boots Rambleshanks - This is awful news. The Boss has always been good to me. He always had an odd job for me to do and he often brought me a sammie while I was workin'. He'd always pay me more than I'd ask. Such a shame...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Narcisa Sultana: Really, darling, dying while watching a film? How gauche. At least have the decency to keel over in a proper theater. Why, I wouldn't be caught dead at the cinema! It seems the Boss has no such compunctions.

Pickled sea cucumbers, anyone? They're simply fabulous. I know this merman, Urchino, who swims them up from the Gulf twice monthly. Between you and me, I don't think the boy has his blue card, but how can I say anything when he pampers me so?
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Apollos
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Apollos »

Art Vandelay- (Speaking while chewing on delicious bacon) What an interesting looking cast of characters we have assembled here. This one (points at Cisco) appears to be heading for a rave and is obviously demented based on his choice of costume. Our friend Boots looks like he might as well be in 18th century America. Of course Vito seems well dressed for revolutionary France... It's a shame your mothers let you out of the house like this. (Runs fingers through remaining hair) Men with a sense of style are few and far between nowadays clearly.

Back to the matter at hand though -- what are you gentlemen doing here and what do you know about the Boss' murder? Somebody needs to say something! We can't just let this go without attempting to get to the bottom of it. A little more about you gentlemen, if you please...

I'm happy to start. My name is Art Vandelay and I'm in the business of making money. Import/export, specifically. I buy, sell, trade, offer, take, and make just about anything you could possibly think of. A jack of all trades in a sense. I'd be keen to know what brought this - ahem - eclectic group together this fine evening.
Brian Hazelwood - GM, Tempe Knights
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Evas »

John wrote:Narcisa Sultana: Pickled sea cucumbers, anyone?
Cisco Happycakes: Sure, I'll give one a try. How bad can they be? I mean I don't have much of a sense of taste of smell anymore since my face was caved in when I flubbed that Shaolin Backflip in Austin.

*Takes a full bite, closes is helmet visor.*

*Slowly chews.*

*Suddenly and explosively vomits, filling the interior of his motocross helmet. He then hurls off the helmet, getting the spew intermingled with the blood that covers the floor. It's a mess."

I guess, my taste buds haven't quite given up after all. You almost accidentally drowned me, mer-lady. Was that an accident? Do those things make you puke too? Probably not because you don't have a helmet on so you wouldn't drown. Can you drown? Do you breathe air or water? Both? Are you breathing or holding your water now? How do you deal with the logistics of urination in social situations underwater? Is it like...

*Wipes face off and takes a deep breath*

Sorry about that. My mind runs away from me some times. My dad said I was like a little mentat, whatever that is.

Anyway, I've made an awful mess here. I'll start to clean it up. Would cleaning this mess up contaminate eh scene even more? Didn't anyone call the cops? Should I call the cops? What gets vomit out of movie theater drapes? Are they real velvet?...
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Lions
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Lions »

Day 1 is now over. Night actions are due by about 9:20pm PST tonight. Roughly 12 hours from now.

For those of you who are new to Mafia or new to the night action you've been assigned, please read your PM carefully and let me know if you have any questions via PM.

Expect Day 2 to be posted tomorrow morning.
Frank Esselink
Amsterdam Lions/Connecticut Nutmeggers GM: 2013-2022, 2031-present
Kalamazoo Badgers GM: 2028-2030
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#10 Post by richard_v »

As good as my chicken gyro looks, it's been spoiled by the news of what happened to the boss

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”