Of league updates and Charleston

Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Of league updates and Charleston

#1 Post by Coqui »

So I have joined my in-laws (which some of you may consider my first mistake) on vacation in beautiful Charleston, SC, home of the Statesmen. Feeling assured that even such a southern location would have been exposed to the beauty of wireless internet, I brought along my laptop. And that is now I am how communicating with you, from the porch, while standing up, in the heat. Yes, the wireless here is something less than special.

I have discovered a wireless hotspot down the street that I may try but that seems like so very much effort. If anyone comes this way allow me to recommend the Charleston waterfront. Sitting in the city park that overlooks Fort Sumter and the Yorktown made for a very nice evening. The city is very clean, hospitable and generally inexpensive. Fort Sumter is well worth the $15 ticket because of the boat tour that comes along with it. I have spent most of my time on Folly Beach and, while I don't really enjoy sand and sun, the beach is very well kept. All in all, I must say that the Statesmen have quite the hometown.

Now, if I can only shake this leg cramp from standing here so long...
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by John »

I have been told Charleston, SC is absolutely gorgeous by a number of people. I've never been myself, but I was already considering making a trip down there and after hearing your description I'm even more inspired to do so. I was already planning on making a trip down to North Carolina later this summer for some business; maybe I can find a way to sneak down a bit further south. :D

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”