OOTP 15 Dynasty Team?

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!

OOTP 15 - Dynasty Team?

Houston Astros (51-111)
15%
Miami Marlins (62-100)
No votes
Chicago White Sox (63-99)
8%
Chicago Cubs (66-96)
8%
Seattle Mariners (71-91)
No votes
Philadelphia Phillies (73-89)
No votes
Colorado Rockies (74-88)
8%
Toronto Blue Jays (74-88)
8%
New York Mets (74-88)
8%
San Diego Padres (76-86)
23%
San Francisco Giants (76-86)
No votes
Arizona Diamondbacks (81-81)
No votes
New York Yankees (85-77)
8%
Cleveland Indians (92-70)
15%
Tampa Bay Rays (92-71)
No votes

Total votes: 13

Shinkansen

OOTP 15 Dynasty Team?

#1 Post by Shinkansen »

OOTP 15 is going to be released in a couple months and I always like to start a new dynasty with each version.

But, my biggest problem is always picking a team…it'll take me a couple weeks to do so…

So I ask you guys, which team should I start a dynasty with in OOTP 15?

Reasons for teams in poll:
-Rebuilding Project/ Tough Management
-High Pick
-Have a SA team (Except CHW)

Notes:
Have a soft spot for the Padres, know their organization very well
Looking for the toughest rebuild
Alleghenies
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Re: OOTP 15 Dynasty Team?

#2 Post by Alleghenies »

As a Padres fan, I always use the Pads to re-build it and make it a winner. Always a good challenge each year.
Gregory Abcarian
General Manager
West Virginia
Nigel
All-Star
All-Star

#3 Post by Nigel »

Can you get a bigger rebuild/challenge than the Mets ?

I'm going to start ootp15 with two expansion teams in MLB, the twist being that both teams will be in Europe along with their Triple-A affiliates (in a Europe wide AAA league) and a HS/College set-up feeding into the main draft. That way I should hopefully get some Europeans in the ML teams eventually
Nigel Laverick

GM San Antonio Calzones de Laredo 2035 - . . .

Former Commish, PEBA & LRS GM

nigel3123@gmail.com
Shinkansen

#4 Post by Shinkansen »

Underground wrote:Can you get a bigger rebuild/challenge than the Mets ?

I'm going to start ootp15 with two expansion teams in MLB, the twist being that both teams will be in Europe along with their Triple-A affiliates (in a Europe wide AAA league) and a HS/College set-up feeding into the main draft. That way I should hopefully get some Europeans in the ML teams eventually
The Mets are one of two teams to not have a winning season in the last 5 years, wanna guess who the other team is...? ASTROS. That just goes to show why the Mets are in a very bad spot and I may end using them in my first dynasty for OOTP 15.
Bill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Bill »

Actually, probably yes. Teams like the Mets and the Cubs at least have revenue streams. Money can fix a lot of problems. Off the top of my head, I would think the Marlins would be much worse. Heck, even the Indians are probably harder, assuming RL attendence is portrayed in the quickstart, despite a 90-win team. Teams that have no fan support are very hard to manage IMO.
Evas
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Evas »

The Indians' attendance wasn't great in 2013 at about 20,000/game. But that was up about 11% over 2012. I would expect at least a further 15% increase this year if they stay competitive, which they should (especially if they resign Ubaldo).

Plus with the Cavs and Browns as awful as they have been, the Indians might have a chance at a lot more of those dollars than they did during the rebuild.

Not really relevant to the topic I admit. But I find it hard to resist speculating on the Indians.
Kevin V. - GM of the Shin Seiki Evas.
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Borealis »

Warriors wrote:
Actually, probably yes. Teams like the Mets and the Cubs at least have revenue streams. Money can fix a lot of problems. Off the top of my head, I would think the Marlins would be much worse. Heck, even the Indians are probably harder, assuming RL attendence is portrayed in the quickstart, despite a 90-win team. Teams that have no fan support are very hard to manage IMO.
Why I choose the hapless 'Stros...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#8 Post by Coqui »

Borealis wrote:
Warriors wrote:
This. And fan interest/revenue stream aside, the 2013 Astros lost 111 games. That marks them as one of the 10 worst teams in modern (post-1900, so not even that modern) major league history. And it's not like their farm system is thought to be chock full of blue chip talent, either.
James
GM San Juan Coqui
Shinkansen

#9 Post by Shinkansen »

Longshoremen wrote:
Borealis wrote:
Warriors wrote:
This. And fan interest/revenue stream aside, the 2013 Astros lost 111 games. That marks them as one of the 10 worst teams in modern (post-1900, so not even that modern) major league history. And it's not like their farm system is thought to be chock full of blue chip talent, either.

The Astros were the most profitable team in the MLB last year, so they are drawing enough fans and bringing in enough revenue to stay relevant financially.
richard_v
Double-A
Double-A

#10 Post by richard_v »

OOTP 15 Releases at noon today !!!!!

Luckly for me ESO is offline for maintenance

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”