So

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Tyler
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So

#1 Post by Tyler »

I found this a bit too "personal" to post on LGT, although I was sorely tempted. So I share here:

My girlfriend and I went to the Indians game this past Sunday. She knows precious little about baseball (for example, I needed to explain that a foul ball cannot result in a strikeout) but is sharp and willing to learn. Most importantly, perhaps, she tolerates my obsession. :lol:

Anyway, Andy Marte came to the plate in the sixth inning. "He's got a nice name," she commented.

Andy Marte hit a home run to the bleachers in left.

"Yeah, he's definitely my favorite player," she stated.

8)
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

Re: So

#2 Post by Coqui »

Coal Sox wrote:Most importantly, perhaps, she tolerates my obsession.
That is indeed the most important thing. Right now my wife is tolerating my Tour de France obsession. Tolerance, the one thing every woman needs.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Isn't it awesome when you find someone who's open to the things you're really passionate about? It's almost better when they don't come into it knowing much; the best part is spending the time sharing your interests and watching her learn and get interested herself. Nothing beats that.
Longshoremen wrote:That is indeed the most important thing. Right now my wife is tolerating my Tour de France obsession. Tolerance, the one thing every woman needs.
Tour de France, eh? Is this a bad time to insert a "tolerance as it relates to drugs" joke? ;)

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”