Trade between KAL and FLA

A record of all trades approved by the commissioner.
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

Trade between KAL and FLA

#1 Post by Cole »

Florida receives:
LF Chris Allen

Kalamazoo receives:
LF Keitaro Sato
3B Jaime Lopez
SP Michael Ayers (AAA)
SP Jose Cruz (AA)
SP Clarence Peterson (AA)

Thanks for the quick and easy negotiation Kevin. Good luck to Florida. Hopefully a win-win trade.

Please put SP Michael Ayers into the open spot in my ML pitching rotation (5th slot)

Please put LF Keitaro Sato into the open spot in my ML depth chart and lineup for LF against RHP and LHP (batting 7th against RHP and 9th against LHP)

Please put 3B Jaime Lopez into the open space in my ML depth chart for 3B against RHP (9th in the batting order) and as my backup 2B, SS and 3B against LHP.

Please put SP Clarence Peterson in the open spot in my starting rotation in AA. (5th spot)

Edit: Fixed link for Allen and also removed instructions for Jose Cruz, as he's on the DL.
Last edited by Cole on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trade between KAL and FLA

#2 Post by John »

Hey Cole, looks like your link to Allen's player page instead points to the Kalamazoo team homepage.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by klewis »

Badgers wrote:Florida receives:
LF Chris Allen

Kalamazoo receives:
LF Keitaro Sato
3B Jaime Lopez
SP Michael Ayers (AAA)
SP Jose Cruz (AA)

Thanks for the quick and easy negotiation Kevin. Good luck to Florida. Hopefully a win-win trade.

Please put SP Michael Ayers into the open spot in my ML pitching rotation.
Please put LF Keitaro Sato into the open spot in my ML depth chart for LF against RHP and LHP.
Please put 3B Jaime Lopez into the open space in my ML depth chart for 3B against RHP and as my backup 2B, SS and 3B against LHP.
Please put SP Jose Cruz in the open spot in my starting rotation in AAA.
Please put SP Clarence Peterson in the open spot in my starting rotation in AA.
Confirmed. Thanks for the deal, Cole and helping to engineer most of it. I hope Ayers gives you a good boost in his audition. I'm glad Sato will have a chance to play full time now.

Dan, I will edit this post once the trade has been confirmed to let you know where to place Allen.

Edit: All players have been DFA'd with the exception of Cruz, who is on the DL. Please place Allen in the 7-day lineup playing RF. Currently, Enrico Heredia/Jorge Martínez is playing right field for me in the 7-day line up. Place swap them out for Allen instead. If you cannot replace them, then just leave Allen on the bench of my 25-man roster. There should be an open spot on the 25-man.
Last edited by klewis on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#4 Post by Cole »

John wrote:Hey Cole, looks like your link to Allen's player page instead points to the Kalamazoo team homepage.
Fixed, thanks John.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Cole »

Also, I notice Ayer has 1 day left in his rehab? Is that going to carry over once he is traded, or am I able to use him right away on the ML team?

If not, I can clear a space on AAA rotation for him instead. Just need to know if that rehab will force him to stay in the minors for another sim, or if it erases when traded.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Borealis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Borealis »

I believe you can activate him immediately - rehab length is a max, not a mandate...
Michael Topham, President Golden Entertainment & President-CEO of the Aurora Borealis
2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 PEBA Champions
Dinosaurs
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by Dinosaurs »

Ah, so this did end up working pretty well for Kalamazoo even though they lost that draft pick in signing Allen this past offseason, they got an increase in attendance for half the season (with Allen's help on offense) and a slew of players when they dealt him before the trade deadline.

Just another way to put a rebuild into place.

Good to see Allen make it on a playoff contender as well.
Cristian Shofar - GM Fargo Dinosaurs
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

Dinosaurs wrote:Ah, so this did end up working pretty well for Kalamazoo even though they lost that draft pick in signing Allen this past offseason, they got an increase in attendance for half the season (with Allen's help on offense) and a slew of players when they dealt him before the trade deadline.

Very good point, Cristian. So interesting how the saga played out. I would agree that Kalamazoo came out much better than people might of expected after the initial surprise of draft pick compensation.
John Rodriguez
Hard at work...
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#9 Post by Cole »

Dinosaurs wrote:Ah, so this did end up working pretty well for Kalamazoo even though they lost that draft pick in signing Allen this past offseason, they got an increase in attendance for half the season (with Allen's help on offense) and a slew of players when they dealt him before the trade deadline.

Well, we'll wait to see how Ayers and Sato turn out before I march out the trumpets :) But yeah, I was surprised to get such a good haul (quantity wise, anyway) for him.

The draft pick compensation thing kind of factored into it too ... Surprisingly, he is currently not listed as being eligible for draft pick compensation.. I don't know if that does/will change, but had he been able to net me a draft pick when he walked and someone else signed him, I might have held onto him.

Anyway, very tough decision to make. Regardless, I AM going to see that big fan interest hit at some point when he walks, as my hopes of re-signing him to a similar short-term deal for the same amount of money he is currently signed were QUICKLY dashed... So, it's just a matter of how much I value those last group of home games versus trying to get something for the future.

Kevin so nicely threw in Jose Lopez though, who is popular and will offset some of the attendance interest pain felt by seeing Allen's extremely popular being walk out the door.

It's funny, as my team is such a funny bunch, you would think losing my best hitter would make me a lot worse, but I wouldn't even be surprised if my team went on a bit of a run and got back into it ... Losing Allen comes at the same time as Gil Sterling came back off the DL, so the overall lineup impact is low ... And who knows what three new players on the 25-man roster will do for the clubhouse. Looking forward to finding out! Very excited to watch the replay for this next series of games, particularly Ayers' first start in Kalamazoo!

By the way, who was it you ended up drafting as the compensation pick for Allen?
Last edited by Cole on Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Shinkansen

#10 Post by Shinkansen »

Allen is no longer Compensation eligible since he was traded mid-season. That is, if the new CBA was adopted into PEBA play?
Cole
All-Star
All-Star

#11 Post by Cole »

Shinkansen wrote:Allen is no longer Compensation eligible since he was traded mid-season. That is, if the new CBA was adopted into PEBA play?
Is that how that works? I don't think in the past that has been the case, but I could be wrong and I think OOTP 14 did have some of the new CBA business.

But, I was talking about how even when I still had Allen, he was listed as not compensation eligible.
Cole
Kalamazoo Badgers GM
2016 - Present.
Post 838+
Shinkansen

#12 Post by Shinkansen »

Badgers wrote:
Shinkansen wrote:Allen is no longer Compensation eligible since he was traded mid-season. That is, if the new CBA was adopted into PEBA play?
Is that how that works? I don't think in the past that has been the case, but I could be wrong and I think OOTP 14 did have some of the new CBA business.

But, I was talking about how even when I still had Allen, he was listed as not compensation eligible.

Sometimes, it's a little off with the projections.
klewis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by klewis »

Hopefully, Sato will turn out to be a fine player. I had a few inquiries about him during the trade deadline. So at the very least, it appears other clubs think highly of him. I am also hopeful to see Ayers turn it around. I originally acquired Ayers for a nice a sum and I think he has something left in the tank.

As for Allen, he does not fill Florida's primary need but is definitely an upgrade to the rookies that the team has been trotting out in the corner outfield spot. I am thankful to have several young outfielders where it made it a luxury to deal Sato.

On a side note, I have edited my original confirmation post to detail how to insert Allen into the line up.
Kevin Lewis - Forever Florida Featherheads
DanD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by DanD »

Featherheads wrote:
Badgers wrote:Florida receives:
LF Chris Allen

Kalamazoo receives:
LF Keitaro Sato
3B Jaime Lopez
SP Michael Ayers (AAA)
SP Jose Cruz (AA)

Please put SP Michael Ayers into the open spot in my ML pitching rotation.
Please put LF Keitaro Sato into the open spot in my ML depth chart for LF against RHP and LHP.
Please put 3B Jaime Lopez into the open space in my ML depth chart for 3B against RHP and as my backup 2B, SS and 3B against LHP.
Please put SP Jose Cruz in the open spot in my starting rotation in AAA.
Please put SP Clarence Peterson in the open spot in my starting rotation in AA.
Confirmed. Thanks for the deal, Cole and helping to engineer most of it. I hope Ayers gives you a good boost in his audition. I'm glad Sato will have a chance to play full time now.

Dan, I will edit this post once the trade has been confirmed to let you know where to place Allen.

Edit: All players have been DFA'd with the exception of Cruz, who is on the DL. Please place Allen in the 7-day lineup playing RF. Currently, Enrico Heredia/Jorge Martínez is playing right field for me in the 7-day line up. Place swap them out for Allen instead. If you cannot replace them, then just leave Allen on the bench of my 25-man roster. There should be an open spot on the 25-man.
This trade is official and has been processed.
Dan DiVincenzo
GM of Okinawa Shisa

Return to “Processed Trades”