Tell us about your fantasy baseball team(s)

Come on in and shoot the breeze! This is the place for anything and everything not related to sports or politics. Please take political discussions off-site!
Reg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#16 Post by Reg »

wow. I have Brad Hawpe (not sure why at this point) and he went a phenominal 0 - 7 in last nights marathon game.....on the flip side I also had Kip Wells who turned in 4 innings and go the win...
Reg LeBlanc
General Manager, New Orleans Trendsetters
(2021 - 2037)
Sandgnats (Bill)

#17 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

I thought Brad Hawpe was a great pick. He is K I L L I N G me along with Big Papi! I thought when they resurrected his jersey-his stats would follow suit. D'OH didn't happen.
All is OK in the world of fantasy because I have Chipper Jones! ..and not one single solitary Yankee. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by John »

Dean (the "other" owner of the Crystal Lake Sandgnats) runs two outstanding Diamond Mind Baseball leagues, and I play in one of them. It's a great deal of fun and I'm certainly pleased with my last round draft selection of Cliff Lee right about now... :grin:
Matt
VIP
VIP

#19 Post by Matt »

I am encouraging my offensive players to defect to Cuba. I hit the motherlode of April duds.
Sandgnats (Bill)

#20 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Talk about going from studs to duds:
I drafted Thome-Hafner-Ortiz-Victor Martinez

-Let's see, Hafner has hit a little better than Billy Ripken used to.
-Thome is hitting just about his weight(he's a great guy, but he's sucking it up big time in 2008)
-Big Papi was starting to hit like the stud he is-but now he's out with an injury. :-P
-Arguably the best offensive catcher in MLB-Victor has been out with an injury too!

On top of that, the hitter of all hitters, Chipper Jones, has been missing time with a quad injury.

Can anybody please tell me how you replace all of that power?!?!? :cry:
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#21 Post by Duane »

Sandgnats (Bill) wrote:Can anybody please tell me how you replace all of that power?!?!? :cry:
Shorten da fences
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!

Return to “Off-Topic General Discussion”