Happy Independence Day!

John
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Independence Day!

#1 Post by John »

Hope you guys are enjoying your Independence Day break! Get out there and see some fireworks, or make some of your own! :grin: The games will be ready to roll when we resume play next Monday.

A little PEBA status update: We're about 23 years into a 55-year sim intended to test a collection of potential changes to the league financial and rules structure. This is the first in a final battery of tests that should crystallize the new settings. The end result should be a financial environment that will allow PEBA teams to out-muscle foreign competitors on the free agent market (not vice versa), radically more realistic player development, more variable and realistic statistics, and an expanded and enhanced draft. I look forward to sharing the results with you when they're ready!
Duane
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#2 Post by Duane »

I just want to know if Kentucky will ever reach that coveted plateau of .500 :-? :-? :-?
Duane

all but one season .... PEBA

Even though we fell short against Duluth in 2026 ... and SS in 2027 and 2029 8-o
IL still RULES!!!!!
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by John »

Thoroughbreds wrote:I just want to know if Kentucky will ever reach that coveted plateau of .500 :-? :-? :-?
Signs point to, "Hell, yes!" :grin:
Hitmen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Hitmen »

Yes. In year 18, Kentucky wins its second game of the season to go 1-1 (.500).

:lol:
Michael Czosnyka

Current PEBA Board Member
Current - New Jersey Hitmen 2011 - 2023; 2024-2033 AI lead, 2034+
Former - Madison Malts (f.k.a. Canton Longshoremen) 2029 - 2033

Attending PEBAholics Anonymous meetings since 09/22/2009
Maulers
All-Star
All-Star

#5 Post by Maulers »

Oh the suspense is too much, John! Just a hint as to the long-term fortunes of the Maulers??
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by John »

Maulers wrote:Oh the suspense is too much, John! Just a hint as to the long-term fortunes of the Maulers??
Tell you what I'm going to do: at the conclusion of the testing I'm going to post the results of my massive 100-year PEBA sim. This thing is epic. I strictly forbid myself to look at the fortunes of individual players before 2100, but I did allow myself a look at each team's overall 100-year record as a little treat for getting through the whole thing. My preview: Absolutely every franchise has something to look forward to.
Coqui
All-Star
All-Star

#7 Post by Coqui »

So when do these results arrive? Now you have really whet everyone's appetite.
John
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by John »

I'm hoping to wrap up the testing this weekend, but I can't say for sure. It takes almost a full day for each sim to run. Then I have to process the information, make alterations and start all over again. I'm getting closer and closer each time to what I'm shooting for, but more work still needs to be done. At least you have something to look forward to when this wraps up (aside from much improved settings, that is)!
Matt
VIP
VIP

#9 Post by Matt »

How many seasons until the debt ridden Calzones have their stadium foreclosed on?
Sandgnats (Bill)

#10 Post by Sandgnats (Bill) »

Hitmen wrote:Yes. In year 18, Kentucky wins its second game of the season to go 1-1 (.500).

:lol:
NOT COOL!

You're just lucky today was a holiday! Kentucky's drunken Bill is face down in a pile of his own alcohol induced vomit. So, he's oblivious to your comments. He will eventually read this and be aware-his team could exact revenge on the Hitmen in just a few short years.

I'm sure you're horribly frightened right now. :-o

Return to “PEBA General Discussion”